Manzo Cat Back Review (same as M2, OBX, Beluga, ebay)

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
conquistador
Car: g37

cliffs:

Cheap Manzo, M2, Megan, eBay, OBX, Beluga G37 Exhaust--cat back 2 - YouTube

DO NOT BUY

If ANMVQ can do a video in the freezing 11* cold MA weather, I can certainly do one in 65* San Diego weather:

MY EXPERIENCE WITH EBAY:

First off, I knew that the exhaust would be cheap, poor quality, poor fitment, etc., but I didn't realize to what degree :bowrofl: I literally took one for the team. I bought a full catback with the ypipe and mid pipe (18" resonators) from ebay, and while I understand seller doesn't package or send the exhaust--he didn't care about the garbage he was selling his customers. I showed him pictures of the dings and bends and he said they were just cosmetic and to move forward with install. Since I had removed my stock exhaust in anticipation of the arrival of the new exhaust, I just went ahead and sucked it up. I fixed the damaged mid-pipe with a set of pliers and a micro-fiber towel to prevent from scratching the polished pipes.

Once I installed most of it I noticed the connection where the passenger side muffler meets the midpipe was not long enough and it left a small gap--this would cause a leak. I contacted the seller (jhautomotiveinc) and informed him of this and he essentially said he'd send fedex to pick up the parts and refund me the money. Not wanting to deal with Paypal or remove the exhaust again, I went to VatoZone and bought a small aluminum collector/extension seen in the video below. I contacted Anthony at Manzo (in Los Angeles somewhere) and he was shocked that the fitment was poor...

THE CHINESE CONNECTION:

Manzo/M2/Beluga/OBX/Megan and anything sold on ebay without a name brand are cheap mass produced products from China. I found them on Alibaba and the exact same pictures and product are being sold to US distributors. Unfortunately, the distributors make up cool names and build brands around these products and we sometimes think they are quality stainsless steel exhausts made here. Buyer beware.

THE PACKAGING:

DING on Resonator

Straightened out with above pliers

THE FITMENT:

It's terrible. Hangers are too thin and the welds are weak. Enough said... see below

CONTRAST WITH TANABE:

Cheap Manzo, M2, Megan, eBay, OBX, Beluga G37 Exhaust--cat back 1 - YouTube[/QUOTE]

ps. the y pipe was the only part that fit and looked fine (doesn't contribute to sound as much anyway and is not visible)

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Nice, honest review. Moral of the story: cheap buys twice!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”