Manufacture production date

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Eric Graham
Car: Nissan GRR

Nissan RB26DETT Looking for the production stamp for the motor. I am purchasing one and need to ensure the motor is 25 years old so that I may import the vehicle. Thank you for your help.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome to NICO!

I'm not sure there are any 25 year old RB26DETTs out there yet, as I thought the R32 (the only Skyline old enough yet) used the RB25. I may be wrong though.

Typically there is a small plaque welded on to the front side of the motor, or there is a date stamp machined somewhere, but I can't remember where.

kabob
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR R32

The RB26DETT was first used in the R32 GTR. The RB25DET is in the Skyline GTS-T.

OP, there is a blue plaque on the driver's side (left when facing the front of the car) firewall. It looks like this minus the NISMO sticker (which is only on the 1990 NISMO GTR):

The 3rd line in that plate (the chassis number) is the Japanese VIN for the car i.e. BNR32-xxxxxx
Go to http://www.epc-data.com/ and plug in that chassis no./VIN and it will give you the manufacturer date.

kabob

Upper left of the picture.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Learn something new everyday! Good information!

Eric Graham
Car: Nissan GRR

I know about the plaque it's basically the vin and info for the car. I'm looking at a 1992 GTR here in Germany and when I move back in 2017 it will be 25. I will look on the front of the motor for the stamp. I looked once before but was unable to locate it. If it has a swap for a newer motor I can not legally import without a bonded carrier which I don't want to do. Thank you for the replays

usafdarkhorse
Car: 1990 Honda NSX #382
1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R #2317
1972 Datsun 240Z

Yeah he's not asking about how old the car is, but the engine within the car, and I'm not aware of where the stamping would be to show the serial number. There are definite stampings for the different RB26 blocks though, and I believe that's on the left side toward the bottom.

FYI, the nismo decal on the car you showed kabob just says that the car has a nismo twin plate clutch. The chassis number would be BNR32-100XXX if it were a '90 nismo. That's typically where nismo will fix decals like that if it's done in-house (like the Omori chassis restoration program).

kabob

Eric Graham wrote:I know about the plaque it's basically the vin and info for the car. I'm looking at a 1992 GTR here in Germany and when I move back in 2017 it will be 25. I will look on the front of the motor for the stamp. I looked once before but was unable to locate it. If it has a swap for a newer motor I can not legally import without a bonded carrier which I don't want to do. Thank you for the replays
Sorry man, you're out of luck. Vehicle must be imported with the original engine.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/documents/420b11015.pdf

Sec 3.1 "Vehicles at least 21 years old with replacement engines are not eligible for this
exemption unless they contain equivalent or newer EPA certified engines and emission control
systems."

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”