M35 with Kinetix SSV...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
rookie55
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

I have a 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport and I just added the Kinetix SSV manifold and the matching cover to the upgrades. According to most websites, this SSV is not able to fit on the M35, it is a very tight fit, but it can be done and I am very happy with the look and results. I currently have the Injen CAI, GReddy SP2 exhaust, and now the Kinetix SSV. I have heard that the SSV really doesn't give much as far as horsepower gains or torque compared to just a 5/16" or a 1/2" plenum spacer; however, I think that the SSV looks a hell of a lot better. Also, the aggressive growl I get while accelerating is amazing, much better than with the stock manifold.

Here is a link to a YouTube video I made for a couple of my buddies that are deployed in Iraq right now that wanted to hear it: http://www.youtube.com/embed/KHW6-aSR_-k

QUESTIONS:
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as brands for headers?
What is more reliable/worth the money?
Is there anywhere that makes a polished throttle body?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

I was thinking about getting that for a while. How much did you pay for it? And can we get pictures? :)

rookie55

I went through Import Parts Pro (http://www.importpartspro.com) and the SSV manifold was $729.99 and the cover was $250.00. Like I said in the first post, I guess people have gotten better gains from the 1/2" plenum spacer, but I really think the look of the SSV is worth the smaller gain. Not to mention, if someone expects a huge gain from merely changing the plenum/manifold then good luck with that one.

Here are the pictures of the SSV install in my 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport...

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Wow. Nice!

But not my cup of tea. I'm all about exterior mods. Power is enough for me as is.

EniGmA1987

That would look sick under the hood of that Wurde body kit with the window in the hood.

I really like the look of it, makes me want to consider buying that again.

rookie55

Do either of you know of any really nice looking body kits for the M35? I know Sarona.com has a kit but it looks like the one that came stock on some M35's. I know SilviaParts.com has some amazing looking kits but they apparently aren't for sale so it is kind of pointless even looking.

EniGmA1987

I prefer the Kenstyle and Job Design body kits myself. And I really like the Balsarini grill. Impul looks pretty nice too.

Job Design kit:

Kenstyle:

Impul:

As to your question on headers, A lot of people looked at DC Ceramic headers for a while although I dont think anyone bought them. I have heard good things about them though. I would go with some DC stainless steal 3-1 headers.

rookie55

EniGmA1987 wrote:I prefer the Kenstyle and Job Design body kits myself. And I really like the Balsarini grill. Impul looks pretty nice too.

Job Design kit:

Kenstyle:

Impul:

As to your question on headers, A lot of people looked at DC Ceramic headers for a while although I dont think anyone bought them. I have heard good things about them though. I would go with some DC stainless steal 3-1 headers.

I like the last kit, but do you know where these can be purchased at? SilviaParts.com shows some great ones, but I just don't knw how to order them and what the cost is.

EniGmA1987

You could try talking to this guy, he is buying Job Design and Balsarini stuff from Japan in the next few days. Im sure he could get the Impul kit. If he is able to lump your order in with the other stuff then shipping would be much less money.
http://g35driver.com/forums/members/14129-ravspec.html

06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

rookie55 wrote:I went through Import Parts Pro (http://www.importpartspro.com) and the SSV manifold was $729.99 and the cover was $250.00. Like I said in the first post, I guess people have gotten better gains from the 1/2" plenum spacer, but I really think the look of the SSV is worth the smaller gain. Not to mention, if someone expects a huge gain from merely changing the plenum/manifold then good luck with that one.

Here are the pictures of the SSV install in my 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport...

it looks great :dblthumb:

well worth it just to look different.

rookie55

[/quote]

well worth it just to look different.[/quote]
Thanks a lot, I think so too. I am probably going to have the plastic pieces around it wrapped in carbon fiber and have the Kinetix cover wrapped in a red color. I wish they made those pieces in real carbon fiber, but that's just me and my "wishful thinking" again.

Em35X
Car: 06 M35x

Looks sick as hell.

06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

rookie55 wrote:

well worth it just to look different.[/quote]
Thanks a lot, I think so too. I am probably going to have the plastic pieces around it wrapped in carbon fiber and have the Kinetix cover wrapped in a red color. I wish they made those pieces in real carbon fiber, but that's just me and my "wishful thinking" again.[/quote]

I might also get my plastic pcs painted after I get back from vacation. Just don't know what I'm looking for yet. :confused:

EniGmA1987

Clean up the panels, maybe go over them in a gloss paint first, and have someone do a bunch of pinstriping on the panels for you ;)

rookie55

06M4.5 wrote:
rookie55 wrote:

well worth it just to look different.
Thanks a lot, I think so too. I am probably going to have the plastic pieces around it wrapped in carbon fiber and have the Kinetix cover wrapped in a red color. I wish they made those pieces in real carbon fiber, but that's just me and my "wishful thinking" again.[/quote]

I might also get my plastic pcs painted after I get back from vacation. Just don't know what I'm looking for yet. :confused:[/quote]

I whipped this concept up with Photoshop last night; I might do the carbon fiber on the surrounding pieces and a red color for the engine cover. Also, I might replace some of the visible hoses with red silicone hoses. Let me know what you think.

I like the way the red plays off the INJEN label on the intake and I also have some red accent LEDs under the dash, in the trunk, and on the underside of the doors when they are open.

EniGmA1987

IMO it looks ok, a bit too much bold red color. It might look better though if you did those hoses coming off the intake in red as well.

bbs350z
Car: 350z built tt
350z st track whore
m35x daily
evo 8- 30r sold

the ssv is garbage performance wise. had it on my built tt z and lost hp vs ported mani + spacer. they recently released a v2 which uses a smaller veolicty chamber and supposedly makes more power. but a beautiful piece it is!!!

to answer your question, there are no aftermarket polished tb's but you can always just have a pro do it. also, i recommend dc headers

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”