M35 Fog Lights for winter?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
KickinPups2
Car: 2007 M35x

Just looking for some guidance and insight as to what fog lights I should replace with my stock OEM.My old G had the H11 but I eventually changed them out to a HID kit and seemed to work great. Yet my 07M35 HID lights don't even seem to be remotely close to how bright the HID's were in my G so I'm looking to offset that lack of design with some "BRIGHT" fogs...Not to mention I live in the North East and winter is right around the corner and I would love to get them installed before it's to late. Here is some Info

Currently low beam is D23 Osrams (http://www.motivemods.com/OSRAM-CoolBlu ... bi-d2s.htm)
High Beam is a Osram night breaker+
Fog is OEM....<Thinking that's why they are so dim

Now I'm not looking to add a HID kit to the M just maybe a really bright bulb for night driving in the snow and bad weather...Any suggests as to what type (Anyone who lives around NY,MASS,NH area some input of there experience is greatly appreciated)

Also Im sure this has been asked but is there anyway to move the low beam light up? It seems be just point straight at the ground..

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

Dean45 has switched out his fogs to some nice looking halos which he said are BRIGHT--he even had a how-to since he had to modify the bracket a little to accomodate the new fogs.
you might want to look at his thread.

pedsemdoc
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

KickinPups2

Thanks pedsemdoc but Im trying not to really mod anything just changing out the bulb.I'm keeping the modding down to a minimal for this car since I spent well over 20k in my old G...Fiance would rather we spend it on new cars ;-(..However means Ill be upgrading to the new M come 2014 when they release the new model...But as of now just looking for a BRIGHT bulb for the fog;)

pedsemdoc
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

KickinPups2 wrote:I spent well over 20k in my old G
-whoa!

now i see why you're not looking to spend moolah

headlight adjustment:

don't know about a better fog light bulb-- some have used LEDs, but not very bright...have to check out search to see, it's been a while since i've seen that thread, so it would be waay back in the threads

moedawg140
Car: 06 M35 S (Adv. Tech)
LI Quad
G37 BBK with H&R DRS
(15mm F, 10mm R)
Focal 165KRX2 (F)
Infinity Kappa 63.9i (R)
Alpine Type-X 10"
JL HD900/5 (sub chnl.)
RF CPCD10-03
Morimoto 4,300K H11

KickinPups2 wrote:Just looking for some guidance and insight as to what fog lights I should replace with my stock OEM.My old G had the H11 but I eventually changed them out to a HID kit and seemed to work great. Yet my 07M35 HID lights don't even seem to be remotely close to how bright the HID's were in my G so I'm looking to offset that lack of design with some "BRIGHT" fogs...Not to mention I live in the North East and winter is right around the corner and I would love to get them installed before it's to late. Here is some Info

Currently low beam is D23 Osrams (http://www.motivemods.com/OSRAM-CoolBlu ... bi-d2s.htm)
High Beam is a Osram night breaker+
Fog is OEM....<Thinking that's why they are so dim

Now I'm not looking to add a HID kit to the M just maybe a really bright bulb for night driving in the snow and bad weather...Any suggests as to what type (Anyone who lives around NY,MASS,NH area some input of there experience is greatly appreciated)

Also Im sure this has been asked but is there anyway to move the low beam light up? It seems be just point straight at the ground..
Since you only want LED fog lights, I would suggest ordering these:

5K WHITE 28 LED 13W FOG LIGHT BULBS H11 - 1 PAIR
http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-28-LED-1 ... 24328.html

These are the brightest H11 size LED foglights on my favorite LED site, vleds. No LED can match the power output of some good ol' HID's, but the new V3 Triton's in 7440 (front/rear turn signal housing) looks to be pretty darn bright!

KickinPups2

Awesome Thanks Guys! Just ordered the V-LEDS one hoping that will do the Job and once I get a free moment Ill be adjusting those headlights! Really appreciate it!

moedawg140
Car: 06 M35 S (Adv. Tech)
LI Quad
G37 BBK with H&R DRS
(15mm F, 10mm R)
Focal 165KRX2 (F)
Infinity Kappa 63.9i (R)
Alpine Type-X 10"
JL HD900/5 (sub chnl.)
RF CPCD10-03
Morimoto 4,300K H11

Happy to help! Just note that these should be brighter than the OEM halogen fog lighting (pretty much any upgrade will be brighter) and will look very nice (compliments your HID low beams), but do not expect exceptional output of light - that's what the HID's are for. :) Let us know how it turns out.

Boonies
Car: Current: Infiniti M45x
Last: Audi S8

It would be great if you could give us a before & after picture to show the difference! Thanks.

GenericM35
Car: 2006 M35X

pedsemdoc wrote:
KickinPups2 wrote:I spent well over 20k in my old G
-whoa!

now i see why you're not looking to spend moolah

headlight adjustment:

don't know about a better fog light bulb-- some have used LEDs, but not very bright...have to check out search to see, it's been a while since i've seen that thread, so it would be waay back in the threads
Does this work for cars with AFS as well?? My car's headlights are aimed to the ground, and the dealer charged me $100 just to tell me that they can't aim them up anymore, because the load sensor is already at the maximum setting.

pedsemdoc
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

GenericM35 wrote:Does this work for cars with AFS as well?? My car's headlights are aimed to the ground, and the dealer charged me $100 just to tell me that they can't aim them up anymore, because the load sensor is already at the maximum setting.
Seems like it should work since AFS controls angle and height of headlights in relation to wheel turning, but if they are still pointing in the wrong direction, with wheel straight, you might have a problem with any part of your system, especially if your adjustment doesn't keep--aiming motor, swivel actuator, or steering angle sensor (just a few of the components on my quick scan of the shop manual), but I am definitely not an expert.

The shop manual on the AFS system is many pages, like 58, since it is a complex system--you may want to try a different dealer if they still seem low, especially if you can compare them to someone else's M.

GenericM35

pedsemdoc wrote:
GenericM35 wrote:Does this work for cars with AFS as well?? My car's headlights are aimed to the ground, and the dealer charged me $100 just to tell me that they can't aim them up anymore, because the load sensor is already at the maximum setting.
Seems like it should work since AFS controls angle and height of headlights in relation to wheel turning, but if they are still pointing in the wrong direction, with wheel straight, you might have a problem with any part of your system, especially if your adjustment doesn't keep--aiming motor, swivel actuator, or steering angle sensor (just a few of the components on my quick scan of the shop manual), but I am definitely not an expert.

The shop manual on the AFS system is many pages, like 58, since it is a complex system--you may want to try a different dealer if they still seem low, especially if you can compare them to someone else's M.
I tried a different dealer, but they basically told me that it would cost $100 just to take a look at it :( I don't have another M to compare it to, but comparing it to my brother's GS, and to my old Maxima (from memory), the lights on my car are aimed significantly lower.

Can anyone with the AFS confirm if it's as simple as turning a screw? I would really appreciate it. I would do it myself, but I'm not exactly sure where to look, and I'm not exactly even sure how to take off the engine cover.

Logan00
Car: 2008 Black M35x

Boonies wrote:It would be great if you could give us a before & after picture to show the difference! Thanks.

Agreed

I want to upgrade my fog lights as well and am on the fence whether I want to go the LED route (less work) or go the full HID route (more work and more money).

Because of the instructions here on this forum I have the ability to go the HID route, but I would like to at least see how these LED's compare to our current fogs.

Thanks

KickinPups2

Ill post some pics once They come in just waiting on shipment.should be a few days

pedsemdoc
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

GenericM35 wrote:Can anyone with the AFS confirm if it's as simple as turning a screw? I would really appreciate it. I would do it myself, but I'm not exactly sure where to look, and I'm not exactly even sure how to take off the engine cover.
I just looked this morning at my headlights (I have the AFS and Xenons) and the little adjustment screw/gear is there--I didn't mess with it because my headlights are exactly how I want them, so don't know turning which direction causes the light to point upwards or downwards, but you'll prolly need to experiment. :chuckle:

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

Fog lights are supposed to be aimed low and dim. What's with the "bright light" idea? I drive through blinding blizzards with the OEM bulbs-slow-dim (no glare)- and safe. Bright fog lights? :gotme

GenericM35

pedsemdoc wrote:
GenericM35 wrote:Can anyone with the AFS confirm if it's as simple as turning a screw? I would really appreciate it. I would do it myself, but I'm not exactly sure where to look, and I'm not exactly even sure how to take off the engine cover.
I just looked this morning at my headlights (I have the AFS and Xenons) and the little adjustment screw/gear is there--I didn't mess with it because my headlights are exactly how I want them, so don't know turning which direction causes the light to point upwards or downwards, but you'll prolly need to experiment. :chuckle:
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'll probably try to adjust them next weekend. Does it require the removal of any of the covers? Do you know what kind of screwdriver I would need?

KickinPups2

antzrus wrote:Fog lights are supposed to be aimed low and dim. What's with the "bright light" idea? I drive through blinding blizzards with the OEM bulbs-slow-dim (no glare)- and safe. Bright fog lights? :gotme
It's not to much to have them "super bright" I drive on a lot of back roads without any lighting and currently my OEM ones are so dull I can barely ever tell when there on even during rain storms...The new ones I ordered should be here within the weeks So Ill post some pics of before and after in the cabin and outside.

GenericM35

pedsemdoc wrote:I just looked this morning at my headlights (I have the AFS and Xenons) and the little adjustment screw/gear is there--I didn't mess with it because my headlights are exactly how I want them, so don't know turning which direction causes the light to point upwards or downwards, but you'll prolly need to experiment. :chuckle:
pedsemdoc is absolutely correct! For anyone who wants to know, I got the headlights aimed just now for free at the Infiniti dealership while they were changing my accessory belt. There ARE in fact aiming screws, and you DON'T need to even remove the engine covers to access them. They are silver in color, and are located above the highbeam area of the headlight on each side (you might have to slightly remove the cover on top of the headlight to see them). I have seen so much misinformation on this topic in the past that I had actually given up on having them re-aimed for a long time since the general consensus was that cars with AFS cannot be aimed manually. ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.

KickinPups2

So I have the new bulbs here but since the hurricane hit it took longer than Normal to reach me "this am" to be exact So Ill install them prob mid week and post pics. Also I took my fiances rogue into Nissan for an oil change and while there asked if they could move the lights up "The closest Infiniti dealer is almost 2 hours away" They did it for free for me also.Not sure if that's because we were already there...but according to the mech it's just as easy as GenericM35 stated.

bejjutsu
Car: M35X ('06)

antzrus wrote:Fog lights are supposed to be aimed low and dim. What's with the "bright light" idea? I drive through blinding blizzards with the OEM bulbs-slow-dim (no glare)- and safe. Bright fog lights? :gotme
this.

Logan00
Car: 2008 Black M35x

KickinPups2 wrote:Ill post some pics once They come in just waiting on shipment.should be a few days

Did you ever install your LED fogs?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”