Low Windshield Washer Fluid Light

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
totaljett
Car: 1999 Q45T

2002 Q45

Hi Infiniti fam, Happy Holidays to everyone . My low washer light brings me here today. It came on today so I refilled it and it took over half of the Rainx Washer fluid bottle. Well, I expected the light to go off but it didn't, so after an hour of driving I checked the fluid and it had dropped some. I poured the remainer of the bottle and topped it back off. Well, the light remained on so I called Infiniti of Charlotte up the street. Service guy said the light will remain on if sensor is out or fluid is leaking. After the phone call, I check the fluid again and it dropped some again. The weird thing is there is no leaking on the ground during pouring it or while car is sitting. Seems if there is leaking, the light would remain off until it dropped to dangerous levels again. Any ideas anyone.

silkysmoothyjud
Car: 1994 Q45

its cold, probably stuck, it could stay on for a minute. Try pulling negative battery cable for five minutes, it could clear the code. Dont let it get low again, mine did not go away for a while.....

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

It should be a pretty easy DIY to remove the washer fluid bottle to clean up the level sensor. On the G50 it's behind the battery so you'd be half way there once you disconnected it.

totaljett

2002 Q45

silkysmoothyjud wrote:its cold, probably stuck, it could stay on for a minute. Try pulling negative battery cable for five minutes, it could clear the code. Dont let it get low again, mine did not go away for a while.....
Good point and that's what I suspected could be the problem. I'll keep an eye on it and see.

totaljett

2002 Q45

totaljett wrote: Good point and that's what I suspected could be the problem. I'll keep an eye on it and see.
Yeah, I figure if it becomes a replacement/cleaning issue that it's fairly accessible. Not like under the manifold, behind the head gaskets, near the coffe maker and below the soda machine.

msatc2002
Car: 99 infiniti I30 limited

does anyone know how to remove a windshield washer fluid sensor on either a 99 maxima or 99 infiniti I30 they are the same. I got to it but trying to pull it out or even pry it out of the groumet. I can't seem to get it and don't want to damage the tank. thanks mark

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”