Low tire pressure signal?

All things Altima Coupe.
ohhai
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5 S

Hey guys, new to the forums. Just to introduce myself, just bought a 08 coupe with 33k miles, everything stock, clean carfax. Happy with the purchase

Anyway, I have the low tire pressure signal on. All tires are at 32 psi though. My guess is that it is because its been sitting in the dealer for awhile before I bought it, but it could be anything.. Anyone else have their sensor on?

thanks

Jman0711
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Welcome! Was the sensor on when you bought it? Once you fill the tires with air the sensor light will go away within a few minutes. When you turn on the car does the sensor blink or is it just solid? Search around the forums theres def a lot more info on the tpms. But if you just bought it then def go back to the dealer if its an issue.

ohhai

Hey, thanks for the reply. The sensor was on when I got it. We checked all the tires psi, made sure it was at the correct psi. He said after I drive it around it should go away. It's still there.

Ill give him a visit soon. It doesnt blink, it's solid.

Love the forum btw, interesting what all you guys did with your AC's. Probably will upgrade the rims soon, ill keep you guys posted

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

someone on the forums told me about this and said it worked for them. It didnt work for me but I made a video on how to do it and people who watched my video on youtube said it worked for them. so you can try it and see if it works (it didn't work for me though).

heres my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G8_EUEL ... ature=plcp

ohhai

Great vids, very informational. hopefully it's not a sensor problem, and the tires are in fact just low. did you get your sensors fixed or you just drive around with it?

skiski329
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5

Check the spare tire. i had a sensor in mine. kinda smart, that way you don't replace a flat with a flat spare.

SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

Welcome to NICO! These sensors have a habit of being finicky. If the pressure is at the right PSI and you have driven it around and it STILL hasn't gone off then something is wrong....

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

ohhai wrote:Great vids, very informational. hopefully it's not a sensor problem, and the tires are in fact just low. did you get your sensors fixed or you just drive around with it?
No, I passed by America's Tire's and they reset it for free. but it came back on a couple days later and they said if it comes back on I have to take it to the dealership. so I just drive with the light on

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

If you picked it up with the light on then just bring it right back to the dealer and have them check it out.

To clarify the blinking/solid note:

If you turn the car on and the light is solid, never blinks at all, one or more of your tires are low.
If you turn the car on and the light blinks for about 60 seconds and then stays solid, you have a malfunction or are missing one or more sensors.

Jman0711

SHIFT_COUPE wrote:Welcome to NICO! These sensors have a habit of being finicky. If the pressure is at the right PSI and you have driven it around and it STILL hasn't gone off then something is wrong....
Yea if you did put air in them all and it hasnt gone off then theres probably something wrong. Usually if the light is on and you fill them the light goes off a few minutes later. The sensors check themselves every few minutes.

JdsCoupe
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Same thing happened when I got mine, bad sensor. If it was like that when you were looking at the car at the dealership, make them replace the sensor. The batteries in the sensors are notorious for dieing/giving weak signal. The older the car gets, the more it'll happen. If mine come on again, I'm letting the light stay on until I sell the car.

Jonnyess09

TPMS is worthless to me in that it doesnt ID specifically which tire has the "problem".

Having said that, the sensors are tuned to factory wheels, and mine has been on since I upgraded to aftermarket wheels and rims. And it shall remain on and I deal with it...

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

^I do the same thing when my summer wheel are on. No TPMS at all, I just check the pressure every week or two.

Although I wouldnt call it all together worthless. How long does it take to check pressure on 4 tires to pinpoint which is low? 30 Seconds per tire?

ohhai

I got it fixed btw guys, it wasnt a sensor problem. the tires were in fact low. pumped to around 32-33psi. sensor disappeared. Thanks all!

sbaker981
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S

My low tire pressure signal is stuck on - even when all my tires have the correct pressure it won't turn off. A mechanic told me this is a common issue and it has to do with the trip sensor getting stuck on permanently. I asked if it was fixable and he said it was probably not worth it to fix it. It's a pain though because right now I was just told my someone that noticed my car in the parking lot that my front driver tire pressure is super low. Unless I check every once in awhile visually I will never know if I truly have low tire pressure.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”