Low Tire Pressure Indicator

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
kubevubin
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

All right...is it just me, or is the low tire pressure indicator on the Versa the very definition of annoying? From what I understand, the recommended tire pressure is 33-36 PSI, yet the cursed light doesn't go off whenever the tire pressure is in that range, or even if it's higher. How can I get this to turn off? I don't want to make a trip to the dealership (or anywhere, for that matter) solely to get it fixed, assuming that it's even actually messed up. Should I keep on trying higher tire pressure? What's the maximum that you should realistically drive with, anyway?

Knightro2

Mine just came on for the first time since I've had the car. I checked and only at 30 in my front tires. I filled it up to 34. After I was on the highway right after it went off. I think you have to go above 30mph before it resets itself or something like that. I think I heard that somewhere.

kubevubin

This has been happening for quite some time. The tire pressure is fine, and I've definitely been on the highway since then. I was reading another thread on this forum that discusses an issue with this indicator, but mine doesn't flash at all whenever the car's first turned on. It's always solid.

Knightro2

That might be a dealer issue then.

bulld0g
Car: 2007 Versa SL " Bulld0g Edition "

you may have to have the sensors reset

kubevubin

Even the first time that I had it, one of the guys from the dealership told me to fill it up further. I can't remember the number that he gave me, though. The dealership's pretty far away, so the thought of having to go to the dealership to get this fixed in the near future isn't setting well with me.

kubevubin

Does something mess up the sensor or something?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

kubevubin wrote:Does something mess up the sensor or something?
Its a fault they know about. Has to be reset by the dealer. Usually happens when it gets cold(er) the first time in the year.

Shad0wXCalibur
Car: Nissan Versa SL Sedan

My light came on although the tire's pressure was fine. I aired all of them to 40 psi, drove some, and it went off then released the pressure back to 35 psi and the light hasn't come back on since.

kubevubin

I'll try that. Thanks for the tip!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”