'Lost Birds' Time Attack Build

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
95.240AZN378
Car: VW

I can't wait to see final product! Instantly reminded me of a sharpied M3 I saw on stanceworks.

qat727

Your girl deserves some major accolades for putting that much work into the design. Her wrist must be mush after all that.

That's totally badass. I just wish my car could be that cool.

GroundForceOne
Car: Sharpie BCNR33

qat727 wrote:Your girl deserves some major accolades for putting that much work into the design. Her wrist must be mush after all that.

That's totally badass. I just wish my car could be that cool.
haha

I wish i was as cool as my car, somebody is going to be disappointed when they see who gets out of it. lol

started on the roof today, and also the interior progress. Can anyone tell me ECU this is? it says Project Mu-COM Kids.. but I though they only made brakes.

GroundForceOne

Gold Digger wrote:Werd, dude. See ya then!
shoot me directions from Tokyo whenever you get the chance at what time to show up. I'll be there.

GroundForceOne

Got the dash out, now I gotta get all the sound deadening out that is back there, but it looks like even more has to come out. And my house is turning into a car.

TJcars2
Car: '87 Acura Legend

You droppin the A/C while you're in there?

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

GroundForceOne wrote:

shoot me directions from Tokyo whenever you get the chance at what time to show up. I'll be there.
Depends on which part of Tokyo you are going to be in.

If you're anywhere near the C1, just follow the signs that take you to Rainbow Bridge. About 5KM after you cross the bridge, maybe less, the highway splits to go towards Chiba (to the left) and Yokohama (to the right). Take the right path, of course, and just follow it all the way to Daikoku Futo PA.

Shouldn't take too long to get there. I may be able to meet you somewhere depending on where you are staying. Lemme know where you'll be.

The meets usually start between 9pm-9:30pm and go till around 11:30ish.

GroundForceOne

word. I will be staying in Ryogoku. It's like 2 train stops away from Akihabara.

So today I bought a seat. well ordered it. It's a Prodrive Competition (Japanese Market only), gotta get a seat rail now. I've been told that most seat companies seats will work with the majority of low mount rails. Is that true? The seats mounting holes are the same as Sparco if that helps.

Also here's an update to the weight reduction tally......................

Removed rear seat and rear seat safety belts for 31 pound/14.1kg reduction. I removed a host of other items back in january. Stock Trunk Carpeting - 11.5lbs/5.2kgStock Floor Mats - 13.0lbs/5.9kg!!Stock Jack/Tire Iron - 4.5lbs/2.05kgStock Spare Tire - 34.4LBSSSS/15.6kgNissan Air Purifier,sound deadening behind back seat, car jack - 9 lbs/4.1kgmetal plate behind the back seat - 6.4 pounds/2.9kgStock suspension 57.8lbs/26.3kg and HKS Hipermax 47.0/32.3kg - 10.8lbs/6kg net lossdoor panels 14lbs/6.35kgcarpet and various pieces of plastic 16.2/7.3kgCenter console 7.6lbs/3.5kgpassenger seat 34lbs/15.4kg (with rail attached)=

192.4 pounds/87.5kgs

11 pounds is roughly equivalent to what 1 HP would give you in straight-line acceleration in a R33 GT-R so 192.4/11= 17.5HP. Doesn't seem like much, but once I change out the exhaust/cat, I will lose 15-20 pounds minimum, the new seat will weigh less than the stock one, and so forth.

That's all for now.

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

looking nice bro.. keep up the good work

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Remember to keep your stock seats for my friend!!! LOL.

As for where you are staying, I am not sure how to get to the C1 from Akihabara. If you post up on the GTROC.uk board, I am sure someone around there will be able to tell you how to get there, or can meet you somewhere to have you follow them.

GroundForceOne

Gold Digger wrote:Remember to keep your stock seats for my friend!!! LOL.

As for where you are staying, I am not sure how to get to the C1 from Akihabara. If you post up on the GTROC.uk board, I am sure someone around there will be able to tell you how to get there, or can meet you somewhere to have you follow them.
I think I can find it.... maybe. I posted up on GTROC but no one has responded yet.

Today's happenings...Went to my favorite place to pick up my seat. UPGARAGE!

New definition of JDM mad tyte. haha This seat is too small for a meth head to fit in!but I made it happen.

also ordered seat rails!

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Yeah. Saw your post over there. Hopefully, we can find you someone to guide you or organize something to get you somewhere where we can meet up and you can follow me down.

As for the seats. I know your pain. Unfortunately for me, I have a tad bit wider backside than most people. I barely fit into my stock seats...lol, but I make it happen. Some racing seats are not comfortable for me, so...yeah.

GroundForceOne

Well I went to pick up my part yesterday from my local Misawa heros 'Street Station' and they were closed! Japanese businesses pick some random days to be closed.. Anyway, got my test pipe and installed it. vroooom. I love that the box calls it "produce" like it's vegetables and fruits inside.

Japanese hand trap

In there. Now I need to install the rest of the exhaust system. The bolts on the cat all had to be ground off, they hadn't been touched in 15 years and there was no other way to get it out. I can't wait to see the condition of everything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3S6Rg8c8DE

^^ also gold digger. don't be mad, but I am now not certain to be there. I am scheduled to deploy at the end of the month to Okinawa and still not finished with some signoffs that are pretty critical for me to be useful there. They might have to pull my leave for me to have enough time to get them done. Not much I can do, because they can just say, pulled due to deployment.
Modified by GroundForceOne at 5:16 AM 4/7/2010

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

No worries, homie. I am prior Navy, and believe me, I know how the politics of the military work.

I had a 2 week leave period pulled once due to the fact that "You are vital to the training team, and we need you for training." This during a post deployment stand-down. Yeah, I know.

Dire91
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx SE

I would cry if I ever did any body damage to that car. I wish there were places like "up garage" on the east coast here. Places to test out bucket seats ugghh

GroundForceOne

Went out and bought some Air Intakes to replace the ARC box. More compact, and honestly there is no way the ARC box is more effective. I painted them black too. I'll get around to getting a hard pipe kit soon.

Put the seat in too

I love that it's a WRC seat. haha

BoostedIS300
Car: 2001 IS300

ive followed this since the beginning and i just wanna say that your girl has mad talent and that r33 is too sick. thank you for allowing me to lose precious hours from schooling to daydream on this car.

GroundForceOne

haha, no problem. you car is lookin pretty hot too in your signature!!

did asnother test run BEFORE insstalling this exhaust the other day. still on snow tires, just for keeping the tests similar 4.82 0-60! 1 bar boost still as well
(...edit, the new setting on the forums says my pictures are too large. as they are hosted elsewhere on the internet i won't be resizing them...)

got the Kakimoto Racing GT 1 OZ installed. 90mm titanium piping hooked up to a stainless steel canister. weighs about 7kg!

Progression video once more.

YouTube - R33 GTR Kakimoto GT 1OZ - From Stock to Not

Weight update...

Removed rear seat and rear seat safety belts for 31 pound/14.1kg reduction.
Stock Trunk Carpeting - 11.5lbs/5.2kg
Stock Floor Mats - 13.0lbs/5.9kg!!
Stock Jack/Tire Iron - 4.5lbs/2.05kg
Stock Spare Tire - 34.4LBSSSS/15.6kg
Nissan Air Purifier,sound deadening behind back seat, car jack - 9 lbs/4.1kg
metal plate behind the back seat - 6.4 pounds/2.9kg
Stock suspension 57.8lbs/26.3kg and HKS Hipermax 47.0/32.3kg - 10.8lbs/6kg net loss
door panels 14lbs/6.35kg
carpet and various pieces of plastic 16.2/7.3kg
Center console 7.6lbs/3.5kg
passenger seat 34lbs/15.4kg (with rail attached)
Difference in test pipe/cat 6lbs/2.7kg
new seat/rail vs old seat/rail 5lbs/2.3kg
dash stripped to shell - 3lbs/1.36kg
difference in exhausts 24.2lbs/11kg
=
230.6 pounds/104.8kgs

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Hey man, did you really drive down? I kept checking the thread you have in the GT-R forum, but I never say anything saying weather or not you were going to make it. Had something to do with your pre-deployment stuff.

Unfortunately, I leave for work at 11:30 on Wednesdays. On Daikoku nights, I leave straight from work at 8:30. There weren't any updates when I checked before I left for work, so I didn't know if you had posted after I left for work.

Shoot me a PM and I'll give ya my mobile number for future reference so this doesn't happen again.

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Absolutely unreal. I can't even believe how nice that artwork looks. I'm kinda sad to see you time attacking with it, it could be a show/magazine car with ease.

GroundForceOne

Thanks man, It made it into fast car magazine in the UK already, although in an unfinished form. Also, my house got robbed while I ws gone and they pretty much took everything. They didn't touch the car, but they did steal my Enkei wheels, nismo spark plugs, the volk lugnuts. they stole all electronics and all musical instruments, and even clothes and the like. I'm over it and I even started replacing some of the most important stuff first. LIKE RIMS for my car! haha

Prodrive 19x10 +12 w/ 275/30 series RE01Rs( sold as a set )

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Your place got robbed? Do you live on base or off base? I'd bet that if it was on base, some has your stuff. If off base, I'd bet it was someone from the base that nailed you. Car like that would be pretty well known in close circles. The fact that no one touched the car and stole your clothes as well would lead me to believe it was someone from base. I can't see too many Japanese people steeling clothes from Americans.

Just my $.02

If you ever get back down this way (or plan to sometime) be sure to let me know. I don't know if you made it down that one week to attend the GT-R meet, but I felt bad cause I wasn't able to get in touch with you before hand to let you know where to go.

GroundForceOne

Yeah, I got robbed while I was gone. They took the place down to the walls. No sign of any of my stuff at the local used shops or yardsale forums, so my guess is someone with knowledge of my deployment took advantage right before they were due to pack out for a PCS, also stemming from the fact that another guy on the same deployment as me got his house robbed too. I was thinking about coming down this weekend for the Fuji skyline meet, but I didn't hear about it until yesterday. The car would need an oil change to do all that driving and it would cost about $500 just in gas to get there and back. Don't worry about the Daikoku meet. I had a great time anyway. I drove to Shibuya and kept getting swarmed in that huge intersection, it was pretty sweet! If you guys ever plan any track days down there, I would be interested to know about it. At some point I am going to take the License test at Sendai Highland so I can just go to whatever track in Japan and get in without having to do the orientations everytime at the bigger tracks.

Biggamehit
Car: R33 Skyline
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

ready for the track this weekend? i mounted my new tires today im ready.

GroundForceOne

yessssssirrrr!

Biggamehit
Car: R33 Skyline
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

good stuff you got any good pics of me from the track???? after you left I kicked it up as I got use to the car again... was killing it lol smoke everywhere. TC was loving it.

GroundForceOne

I'd like to thank Fast Car Magazine! Maybe when the car is done, they will be interested in a bigger spread!

kozanatos

GroundForceOne wrote:Also, my house got robbed while I w[a]s gone and they pretty much took everything.
This is insane, you have got to be kidding me...

I wish I could take a robbery like that ??

Are you in a 'Bad area'?

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

Awesome, how many sharpies did it take? How many hours?

sgirgiss1214
Car: 2010 Nissan Maxima SV Sport/Technology

Sweet R33 dude!!! Very unique. btw, are you Marines or Navy?

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”