Looping Active Suspension System Advice Needed

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Jawrey
Car: 1991 Nissan President

My rear struts are leaking really, really badly and are riding horribly. I'm going to be running Z32 adjustable coilovers on it, as I have no interest in fixing the active suspension on my president.

How do I go about looping the system? And when I remove the struts, do I need to cap the fluid lines or anything like that? I'm not going to be completely stripping and converting the system, as I'd like to be able to go back to active suspension one day (or at least have the option).

Any help is appreciated!

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

you want to do what?

why would you remove the struts other than to fix leaks or replace with std springs/struts?

the actuators (active struts) are completely rebuildable. get new rubber dust boots if possible--that is what usually kills the struts (dirt gets in and seals start leaking).

Jawrey

As mentioned, I have no interest in fixing the system. I have a set of Z32 coilovers in my garage, and I don't want to spend the money rebuilding two (if not three or four) of the struts when it's not the look I want. It's my show car, not my daily.

I want to remove the active assemblies and replace them. I know they can be replaced, I'm just unsure as how to seal off the ActSus

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I think the usual method is just looping the input and output from the power steering / active suspension pump. In terms of the connections at the active struts, I'm guessing you'd want to figure out some way to block the connection to keep dirt out, and keep them from oozing fluid. Honestly I've never seen anyone try to preserve the system for future use... it's either "I want to purge the car of this crap!" or "I want to fix it."

Here's a guide I found. http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/q45a-a ... rsion.html

Heath

Jawrey

So I found a set of r33 coilovers which apparently bolt right on (a friend did the same with his president) but the only questions on my mind are where the inlet/outlet lines on the pump are, what kind of line I would use to loop it, as well as what kind of line carries the fluid to the struts, so I can figure out how to cap them. If anybody knows, or has any pictures, that'd be much appreciated.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”