Looking for info on R32

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Kaiguin

So, much like so many others right now, I am looking to get a hold of a 1989 R32, or if my timing permits, a 1990. I won't be moving forward with this until after the 1st of the year, likely not until late spring. As of right now, I'm looking to get information, search out where to look, etc. If I import, what are some good places/sites to begin my search? I've been digging, and found some, but would like other people's reviews and opinions. When the time comes, I'm willing to import from pretty much anywhere. Is anyone familiar with the process? How to pick an RI? Any information along those lines would be welcomed and useful. I would, of course, also be willing to purchase from someone within the states already as long as the car already has all of the proper paperwork, etc. Thanks in advance for any info you guys have to share!

kabob
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR R32

If the car is 25 years old and both FMVSS and EPA exempt, you don't need an RI. You can directly import it on your own. I can tell you now that the price won't be right if you're looking for one that's already landed and cleared; expect to pay $23k to $28k. Then, too, prices have gone up significantly to import, as well.

Best sources for Skylines will be Dave Warrener of The GTR Shop in the UK, Rivsu Imports in Florida, International Vehicle Importers (Sean Morris), GTR Garage, R-International (Japanese exporter)

Kaiguin

Thanks for the info. I'll look into them. I had noticed prices were much higher for those already in the states. So, probably not the option I'll go for, but still something to keep in mind. Glad to know I won't need the trouble of finding an RI.

kabob

Oh, almost forgot. If you want the cleanest of clean GTRs, check out http://www.neweraimports.com/ Fair warning, they're also on the high end of pricing. But they're in Japan and thoroughly inspect and condition their cars and can even source and install any parts you want before shipping your car to you. GTR Shop, GTR Garage and I believe Rivsu will also do the same.

M35Squirrel
Car: 1990 GT-R, 2011 M37

I have been searching for a R32 for quite some time now (with help from Kabob as well), and because I started late, just like Kabob mentioned, I expect to pay $23k+ for an above average to good condition car. That price includes having a car registered/titled/plated and is basically what you call "out the door" in typical dealer terms, however, that is also for a car available for import about 4-6 months from now. There are plenty of sub $23k GT-R's available, and really, there are plenty, and among them many are ready to be imported immediately or 1-2 months from now, but personally those are not what I consider "keeper" grade cars. And if you find a car that doesn't fit what I just described, that is fairly cheap, immediately available for import, and in good condition, well, that car is mostly like sold 6 months ago and the listing is just there to lure you in. And that applies to about 9 out 10 listings you can find online.

And just like Kabob mentioned, much easier if you work with one of those companies, not to mention much safer and will have a piece of mind, knowing you are paying for a car that actually exists and is as stated in the listing.

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

contact Rivsu Imports in Florida, http://rivsuimports.com/ youll love their service, price and honesty..

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

Have worked with GTR garage for many parts, I ordered my R32 through Rivsu. It has been in my driveway a little over 2 months now and I love every second of it. They handled all of the paperwork and titling process. Has totally been worth the wait ( waited 9 months). RIvsu will install parts, so will GTR garage, Dave at GTRshop will as well (dealing with dave sucks a little because of the exchange rates).

I had mine painted before it shipped through Rivsu and I can tell you that was possibly the best money I have ever spent on a car.

M35Squirrel
Car: 1990 GT-R, 2011 M37

Wow so you are the famous Gabby I just read about! Thank you for sharing your insight! Your R32 is absolutely gorgeous:
http://www.rooksmag.com/new-page-1

kabob

ca18detgabby wrote:Have worked with GTR garage for many parts, I ordered my R32 through Rivsu. It has been in my driveway a little over 2 months now and I love every second of it. They handled all of the paperwork and titling process. Has totally been worth the wait ( waited 9 months). RIvsu will install parts, so will GTR garage, Dave at GTRshop will as well (dealing with dave sucks a little because of the exchange rates).

I had mine painted before it shipped through Rivsu and I can tell you that was possibly the best money I have ever spent on a car.
Paying for things with Dave, tell me about it. I negotiated a deal for £350 to swap my stock R32 seats for a gorgeous set of R33 GTR S1 seats front (direct bolt-in) and back (have to be modified to fit.) Except £350 including Paypal international fees was almost $575.
:mike up my bunghole.

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

M35Squirrel wrote:Wow so you are the famous Gabby I just read about! Thank you for sharing your insight! Your R32 is absolutely gorgeous:
http://www.rooksmag.com/new-page-1

"famous".... "infamous".... something like that. Yes that is my baby :bigthumb:

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

But do you have a plethora?

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”