Looking for Extended Warranty for my 2004 Infiniti Q45 with 97K miles

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
atleyagp
Car: 2004 Infiniti Q45

Hi,

I just bought 2004 infiniti Q45 from a private dealer with 97K miles on it. I was looking for Extended Warranty for my car. I read few post here and there and it seems like most reliable warranty company is CARCHEX which doesn't give warranty for the car which has 10+ yrs on it. I searched online few more companies for the extended warranty but after looking at the customer reviews everyone looks to me as SCAM. Then I went to local nissan dealership to see if they can do anything for my car. They had some warranty which is "Warranty Solutions -Wells Fargo" which is actually high on price but again when I red about them online I see the same things i.e. negative review about the company. I would like to take extended warranty but only if it is worth taking. So, it would be great if you can suggest or help me finding a proper warranty company for my car. Please let me know which company is good and who can provide me good coverage plan. It would be great help. Thanks --- AP

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

atleyagp

I have gone through all the above links. But I dont think any one of these are related to my situation. I don't have any factory warranty available right now. There are lot of companies which gives extended warranties but how trustworthy they are and the one which are trustworthy in that case my car's year and miles doesn't goes with their criteria. Hope I am getting clear here :)
I want to have a warranty but the trustworthy one, which will actually be a warranty not just a SCAM. Thanks --- AP

atleyagp

@RougeOne: Any idea about "Warranty Solution - Wells Fargo"? How reliable are they? I don't see any good reviews online but inside local nissan dealership they are promoting this "Warranty Solution - Wells Fargo".

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

I think you are correct in thinking no "quality" warranty company is going to write a policy on a 12 year old car with 100K on the odometer.......many shoddy firms will take your $$$ though if you look hard enough.Best to take that $$$$ and put it into a savings acct and draw off it to pay for any needed repairs down the road.

Skibane
Car: 2000 Q45 AE 110K

qship96 wrote:Best to take that $$$$ and put it into a savings acct and draw off it to pay for any needed repairs down the road.
Advice worth repeating!

Warranty companies don't exist to do you a public service - They exist to make a profit.

The only way they can make a profit is by taking in more money when you buy the policy than they pay out in warranty claims. Typically, they take in a LOT more than they pay out. That's one reason why dealers like to push them - The dealer also gets a huge chunk of that policy payment.

Buying an auto warranty is like going to Vegas to gamble - Occasionally, you'll hear about someone breaking even or making a little money. However, on average, most folks lose money - because the odds are stacked firmly in the house's favor.

Those same odds also apply to warranty companies. They know exactly how much the average warranty pay-out is for a vehicle like yours, and they set their prices accordingly - also including a huge profit margin.

Then there's the issue of them denying coverage on the most common repairs - or only covering the cheapest parts. Example: Covering a $10 oil seal without also covering the $700 in labor required to replace it.

Many repair shops refuse to do warranty work, simply because it's too much of a hassle attempting to get the warranty companies to pay for it.

If you took that same policy money and set aside for repairs instead, on average, you'd come out ahead.

atleyagp

Thank you guys for helping me out here! I'm not going to buy any warranty and better I will save that money if any problem occurs with my car. Thanks again -- AP

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”