Looking for cheap turbo manifold

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
gyfer

I don't want to spend $499 on revhard manifold. Someone told me I can get a self-welding kit at iboost.org for $140. I have been trying to contact them and sent 4-6 emails but did not hear from them.

Does anyone know where else to get a turbo manifold ?

Or is anyone selling ?

Thank you.

doctorj240
Car: Black s14 w/ redtop

Almost every manifold is going to be right around $500 whether its cast or welded tubular. I wouldn't trust those iboost manifolds to hold more than 10psi. That whole business seems kinda shady. If you're going to turbo do it right and buy parts that won't let you down, otherwise you'll be down a motor.

BinaryVertigo

i second that

there are a lot of people who are just throwing things together and really getting their bang for the buck and i give them props for it

but imo if you're goin to turbo a motor that's n/a in stock form you should spend the extra buck to get the right parts from the bottom up....i.e. 4-5g's to have all the right parts (and appropriate pwr figures) or 2g's twice + another motor + all the headaches (to get half the figures) ...i would rather choose the 4-5g's

gyfer

4 Grand to 5 Grand in a Turbo System for a n/a car ? :D You sure have a lot of money. :pface

Expensive stuff are not always the best.Good stuff are not always expensive.

Just my opinion.

Just little update: I am getting my manifold from JGS tools http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/thk.htmlA turbo off Typhoon, 17G T3 flange, flowing 550cfmadjustable FMU , running in stock injectors and stock engine.Will run tiny 5psi.... :D

BinaryVertigo

"Expensive stuff are not always the best."that's why it's a good idea to research the right products

"Good stuff are not always expensive."enlighten us on where you get your inexpensive and dependable "good stuff" so the rest of us can save some cash

"4 Grand to 5 Grand in a Turbo System for a n/a car ?"

rebuild-je pistons 550crower rods 679acl bearings 150 valve train 250?overhaul set 300? (all needed gaskets/orings/seals from nissan)machine shop 300 (overbore, magnaflux/balance/micropolish crank etc)assembly 0

turboRH manifold 350tial 35mm 200t3/t4 525filter 25oil lines/fittings 25pipings (i/c&dp) 150couplings&clamps 50spearco 20x7x3 350apexi n1 400 hks ssqv 100walbro hp fp 119vortech fmu 100reman z32 370cc's 100misc 200assembly 0

sub total 4923

donor ka 300 (so i dont have down time)

total 5223

that's if everything goes smoothly and you do not need to replace stock/broken parts down the road. I've already gathered some of the parts listed above but i've got a long road to go. Many would agree that most parts are "good stuff" for the price.

this is what i believe in modifying any car:

cheap - reliable - fastyou only get to chose 2

like i said before...some of you guys are really getting the bang for your buck when it comes to boosting your 240's and i give you props...but every1 has their own way of doing things

take cares-demitri

TruboostPerformance

I have a custom built one cost me a total of $250.00, just get a 1/2" piece of steel same size as your exhaust gasket trace it and go get the log style thick steal pipes, two 45 degrees, and two T's, then get a square tube of steal to match the diameter of the turbo exhaust inlet, and then another piece of 1/2" steel to mount teh turbo on, draw it all out, get it cut, I have done this on 3 custom turbo cars now, saved lots of money and work great...you can also buy a precut on off ebay for $140, plus welding...

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

Hey if you're gonna get that jgstools manifold, pay the extra money and get the stainless steel one. It'll last longer and hold the extreme heat better than a mild steel manifold.

TruboostPerformance

my manifold is exactly like the JGstools one, but it only cost me 140 pre cut then 100 at a local welding shop to get it welded. so a total of 240.00 for it, you can go to any local welding shop and get all that stuff for like $30.00 and then just modify it to what you want then get it welded for like 100.00 or depending on your shop. I have made two of them ran the same price, with getting the stuff precut off ebay , and getting my own parts same thing and then cutting and drilling it to fit ...

gyfer

Hi dofbft,care to share with me what you run on your fuel system ? :D

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”