Looking for a new Grille?

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Wespac187
Car: 06' Nissan Altima SE-R

I purchased the JDMParts08 Ebay Mesh Grille for my 06' Altima and was very happy with the product except for the mesh. The Mesh was made out of 1/2" spread wire and you could see right through it. Therefore, I decided to swap the mesh out for something with smaller holes and a little more durable. I chose Carbon steel. Below is a before and after picture:

BEFORE(Wire Mesh + Grille not painted):

AFTER(Carbon Steel + Painted w/SER Emblem):

Below are some pictures of the grille front and back to show you a close up and what the back looks like.

FRONT:

BACK:

For those of you who may be thinking of purchasing this grille from ebay or already own it and want to swap the mesh, I am selling the Mesh inserts for $40 not including shipping. They come primed with three coats of RustOleum and cut to fit. I also sell custom cut sheets in many different sizes if you would like a sheet to make a grille of your own. Below is a picture of one of the inserts I sold already:

If you are interested email me at [email protected] with a zipcode so I can quote you a price or any questions you may have.

If you want the grille shown above.....search ebay for altima mesh grille and it is the one with the seller name of JDMParts08. I am currently at work and cannot access ebay, so I can't post a link to the exact grille.

Cheers,

Mike

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

Wow that really looks good and I usually hate the way aftermarket grills look on cars. Very clean look!

How did you attach the mesh to the grill? Or were fasteners already provided with the ebay mesh grill that you bought?

ankit
Car: o6 Altima

^I'm pretty sure that the JDMParts grille has clips on the back to replace the mesh unlike the AT one that is stuck on with adhesieve.

ILLTIMA
Car: 2006 Illtima SER

http://c-modgrilles.ecrater.co...39818

same grille as the JDMparts08 guy, 10 bucks cheaper, 5 bucks less to ship.

for the mesh, comes powder coated black gloss....http://www.customcargrills.com/products.asp?id=1

SE R emblem....http://www.courtesyparts.com/M...31SER

and voila! you have an S5 grille without the S5 price! local paint shops should only charge 50$ or so to paint it. so in the end you save about 50 bucks over AT.

Plus, you get the gratification of knowing you did it yourself.

and for anyone who doesn't want to wait for the Active Tuning grounding kit for the 3rd gen altima, i know a guy who knows a guy, that can help with that too... real nice 4g wire, with the big 3. any color, top quality

ODs_SE-R
Car: I have a 05 Altima SE-R with 78xxx miles on it. Im looking to make new friends and learn more about the car.. automatic to..

This might be a dumb question, but how did you get the SE_R emblem to stay on that front bumper... btw car looks sick man, looking to buy the same grille...

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

The new mesh you have looks like that on my C-MOD grille. You gotta fix that SE-R logo though, looks very crooked. I can post pics up of my bracket I made. With $10 you can make one like mine and be able to rmeove it easily without worry of the letters falling off.

06SE-R
Car: 2006 Altima SE-R

^ please do I think i may do this mod looks very clean!

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

I dont have every pic of each step but you can get the idea

1. Measure the existing grille holes to ensure mount bolts will go through mesh
2. Drill 2 holes with previous measurement the same diameter as the bolt, I used aluminum for corrosion resistance.
3. take a second drilbit slightly larger and drill both holes from the front to allow the flathead bolt to inset flush with the face.
4. Use JB weld or super glue to fix the bolt and aluminum plate as one piece.
5.paint it desired color(black)
6. Use nickel coated hardware or paint black for the washer and wingnut which will hold it in place.
7. Put on the SE-R logo or in my case NISMO , I have both

06SE-R

Awesome. Thank you. Im ordering the grille tonight after work :-)

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

06SE-R wrote:Awesome. Thank you. Im ordering the grille tonight after work :-)
Nice, you gotta differentiate the SE-R from the sea of SE's and ditch the dull nissan burger grille

06SE-R

Yeah I like the own front end but I hate how it resembles the regular 3.5 alti. Then you introduced me to this one hehe :dblthumb:

06SE-R

Okay so I ordered a grille off of ebay

Let me know what you think. I'm still trying to decide if I like it or if I want to change it up a bit.

Darius I especially want your input sir. :ohno:

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

I have that one. Switched it out when a buddy parted out his code red and snagged his cmod, Maybe a red stripe around the lip on the ebay grille might set it off. like how mk5 GTIs have. It really just blends into the super black paint on yours.

06SE-R

Thanks and yes it does the paint matches perfectly I was surprised. and I've never really thought about a red stripe it does look pretty sharp on the GTIs hmm

ODs_SE-R
Car: I have a 05 Altima SE-R with 78xxx miles on it. Im looking to make new friends and learn more about the car.. automatic to..

VQpwrdSE-R.. I have the same grille and wanted to do the se-r emblem up front like that as well.. u said you would sell me yours? yeah man ill keep that in mind.. my number is 440 570 6727 just shoot me a text or pics of how it looks and ill deff let you know

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

I will send the pics tommorow. I have a nismo one. Do you want the blank plate that you can put the SE-R on?

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”