Location of TCM - transmission control module on 00 maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
bpomps

Can someone direct me to the location of the TCM - transmission control module on a 2000 maxima ?

i have another thread where i stated my problem im having with the transmission, just wondering where the TCM is located and if i can replace it myself.

DaveVQ
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima

Underneath the center console, in between the two front seats

bpomps

thanks

is it under the armrest or more under where the shifter is ?

i am trying to find one that isnt 500 dollars and id like to switch it out myself - figure its just a few screws, unplug, plug new one in - replace. done

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Keep an eye on ebay and the classifieds here at NICO. You should be able to find one for MUCH MUCH less than $500. I'd expect more like $100.They're definitely a simple install. A few mounting screws and the harness connection and you're done.

bpomps

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Keep an eye on ebay and the classifieds here at NICO. You should be able to find one for MUCH MUCH less than $500. I'd expect more like $100.They're definitely a simple install. A few mounting screws and the harness connection and you're done.
thanks - found one ebay - from a ''salvaged'' car --- havent pulled the trigger on it since its '' as it ''

bpomps

is there a thread on the removal of the center console here? im searching but im new to the forum and still figuring out where everything is

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Here's a diagram:

Pretty simple:Remove the shifter surround trim (it uses metal spring clips so it just pops out). There are two screws beneath it, as the diagram shows. Then the one under the arm rest itself and on the rear of the arm rest support console.

DaveVQ
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima

http://www.car-part.com

they are listed for as little as $25, you have to call the junkyard and work out the shipping with them

sixteenXnine
Car: 2000 GLE and 2000 GXE

For that price I should try one and see if it solves my extremely hard and delayed first to second shift. :D

bpomps

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Here's a diagram:

Pretty simple:Remove the shifter surround trim (it uses metal spring clips so it just pops out). There are two screws beneath it, as the diagram shows. Then the one under the arm rest itself and on the rear of the arm rest support console.
thank you! i did that but didnt see the TCM - i only saw the airbag SRS module directly under the console, between the seats - the TCM - from what i can see is under the center dash/ radio location...at least it looks like it.

thanks for the replies/help - this forum is great !

m.alex.alvarez
Car: 01 Maxima

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE U DO TO YOUR CAR !!

OK I know this is old, but its help me alot so i want to help anyone who is having the same problem...

my 01 maxima was slipping and change gears very un-normal

I went to the Nissan dealership and they told me that my transmission control module "TCM" was bad.

They charge me $120 to look at the car.

They also told me it was going to be $1200 to replace this part !!

no one so i called around and I found the part for only $120 Dollars at the local used auto parts store.

the part number is 31036 4y901 It has a big C1 up top. but this is only for 01 Maxima !!

This are the pics your would not have some many cables i have a gps with amps this is why i have some many cables....

this part is very easy to remove if you have some what knowlodge about cars. its located right under the Car Stereo

all you need is a flat screw driver and a phillips... BEFORE YOU TAKE OUT THIS PART MAKE SURE U DISCONNECT THE BATTERY

use the flat screw driver to pop the middle console.. then just work ur way up dont break anything everything pops off and its about 10 screws total...

the tcm is under a black little box. u take of the 2 screws and both boxes should come out...

disconnect the old box put the new one in and put everything back together.

once your done. plug the batt back and that should it....

I drove the car around my house and it deff felt like it was shifting a lot smoother. i havent taken it for a long drive to see if its really the cause of the issue which i hope it was......... I well post once i take the drive.....

I hope this info helps some one in need...

Cedric6581
Car: 2002 I35/maxima

Hello TCM is on the center under the stereo. Hope this helps good luck

NutriaforBreakfast
Car: Nissan Maxima 1995 VQDE engine

You can check the electrical resistance of this module to see if it is spec

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”