LHD skylines in the US

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
kylefeuuu

some one please explain to me why when i try to get a quote from some RI's do they tell me the 97skyline r33 gtr has to be converted to LHD. I cant find any articals about this.

defycommon
Car: s14 awaiting rb swap

becuase most of them are going to make alot of money doing the coversion. no reason to if you look under "so you want to own a skyline" thread. you can call a number to find out if a skyline is legit that is already here in the usa. it is the ones that have a bond release so it will not get siezed. Also, most of the ri's will not get the cars past. read that thread first. one of the guys is actually a ice agent and knows his stuff. I have been researching again to purchase a skyline. i have been reading about importation and what it takes to be a importer. Right now if you import one it is going to be twice as much and probably get seized away way. At the present thanks to the government changing their mind and mercedes benz you can only import a r33 gts and gtr. nothing more nothing less period. my strong suggestions is to save up the coin and buy one state side less headache and heartache.

tyndago

Wow that was hard to read.

People have little bits of truth here and there, some correct info, some correct but twisted a little wrong.

I only know of one LHD R33 GT-R in the US. That is a single car. It was converted by a place that is no longer in business.

Converting a car to LHD is pretty expensive and pointless as its not necessary for US FMVSS.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Would that be a silver R33 that resides, I think, in California?

I remember reading an article in a magazine (possibly Super Street) quite a while ago about a guy that had an R33 converted to LHD. If I remember right, the dash was cut in half and it was kinda Frankensteind, but very well done, back together and it looked great.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I have a sawzall, a copy of import tuner and a complete disregard for your car; let's do business.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Please, oh please, tell me you aren't directing that at me, Mike. LOL! Can't we cut up a R31 instead?

SullivanRacing06
Car: r32 gtst, 06 350z, r32 gtr, rs4 steaga, 04 350z, f350/6bt

i have a welder, im down to cut some shuff up!

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

No F that. Center cockpit!

I'm a goddamned genius! :naughty:

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”