Lets see your CHEAP ebay body kits!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
chukidrifter420
Car: 91 240sx

Alright, well basically, i have a few friends who have gotten a GREAT bodykit off of ebay for 3-400 made of fiberglass, who had awesome fitment, and one or two whos came with TERRRIBLE fitment.

And i wanted some insight from everyone here...so if ya could please post pics of your ebay bodykits!

24j0hn
Car: 91' 240sx with some babying to be given

+1 on this, not really on the body kit... but i wanna see how a ebay lip looks:)

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

24j0hn wrote:but i wanna see how an ebay lip looks:)
Fits like garbage

chukidrifter420

your front bumper looks a bit misaligned though

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

The whole front end is messed up.But that's not why it fits bad.

It fits bad around the duct/vent and around the center. Not a very good mold.

Not that I care, obviously.At that height it wasn't going to last long anyways.

chukidrifter420

lol i just reread that and realized i sounded like a d!ck pointing that out.. i meant no disrespect lol, but what material is that? fb?

duffman1278
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, the wildcats!

This thread is retarded.

HoosierSX
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx, 1971 Chevrolet Camaro

duffman1278 wrote:This thread is retarded.

not for us poor folk. i'm curious too see if anything cheap looks decent.

Dittoz7
Car: 1997 2f0WtY SE!

O Wait, Wrong Thread...

duffman1278
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, the wildcats!

HoosierSX wrote:not for us poor folk. i'm curious too see if anything cheap looks decent.
Then why are you into cars? I hear paper air planes is a pretty cheap hobby, might want to look into it.

chukidrifter420

so you think that having your 900 dollar origin bodykit getting wrecked at a track event is better than having your cheapo ebay kit?

thats absolutely retarded. Dont get me wrong I like brand name parts, but for a bodykit thats gonna end up taking abuse? why spend twice as much

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

duffman1278 wrote:
Then why are you into cars?
Nothing wrong with having a cheap ebay kit that fits well.Whats the point spending exorbitant amounts on a bkit which wouldnt look much better than an ebay kit for half the price?

Just saying.

HoosierSX

duffman1278 wrote:
Then why are you into cars? I hear paper air planes is a pretty cheap hobby, might want to look into it.
lol.. wow, you're really intelligent. u come into a thread and just say "this thread is retarded" then you tell me i should get into paper airplanes

do everyone a favor and leave your negative comments to yourself. k? yes... good boy

Coeur de lion
Car: 90 hatch with s14 KA-T (project)-'94 Pink Vert - '90 SOHC hatch.

Panda - Have you tried to reshape the lip yourself?

TroubleBound
Car: 1992 240SX Hatch

I got the East Bear knockoff lip from ebay too, the same lip as Pandapants but i haven't installed mine yet. I hope that ish fits

mRodiek
Car: Stock Hatch

If your poor you shouldnt be working on cars, just saying.I am all about saving money and looking for deals but if your ONLY gonna buy things on ebay then your a ricer and thats a new definition of the word. ESPECIALLY if your gonna make a thread about it.

sr20deTsomeday118
Car: 1991 240sx/se coupe

driftboy if memory serves me correctly didnt u have a thread about a car that was being built with parts off of ebay?

Nali
Car: Datsun Nissan 280ZX

DriftBoy07 wrote:If your poor you shouldnt be working on cars, just saying.I am all about saving money and looking for deals but if your ONLY gonna buy things on ebay then your a ricer and thats a new definition of the word. ESPECIALLY if your gonna make a thread about it.
If you buy of ebay you are a ricer....is that what you are saying?Poor people shouldnt work on cars....is that what you are saying??You even came up with a new definition of the term ricer?Why dont you just NOT post in this thread if you dont like it then?

P.S ebay has a ton none-ricer ware and its very possible to shop solely on ebay and still have a very clean looking/performing car, dont make me start hotlinking else I'll just embarrass you.

VRoy
Car: 93 S13 Hatch

^ +1 , really guys. Get off your high horse. Hot Roding started out with POOR people, taking what they had/could find cheap and making a faster, better performing car. I know that body kits do not fall under the performance category. So don't get all ricer flaming on me, I personally wouldn't put any kind of kit on a car i am going to track. Pointless in my eyes, but just bc you pick a part or two up off ebay it does not by any definition make you a ricer. Unless you try to pass it off as something its not. ie. Rotas = Volks. I happily put my "Poor Mans" build up against any "High Rollin" tein drifting wanna be FanBoi anytime.

tEknoS13
Car: 93' Type X

Jeez whats' crawled up peoples pants now a days, I buy from ebay quality parts from there all the time. Ebay does sell quality parts as well for a slightly cheaper price. Its not like ebay has their exclusive brand or something.

chukidrifter420

I feel ya vroy but the reason im looking into this is cause I have rust on the drivers side skirt area on my DD/track car

if i just wanted side skirts...that'll look retarded on my car and cost close to 250, whereas the whole kit would be around 400, although it'd be a cheapie

pj
Car: 95 s14

i'm poor and i work on my car all the time. i highly respect those who save up and buy quality stuff but body work? dude theres no way i'd roll legit vertex when i KNOW it wont last the week on my car...why would i? how could i justify it? i dont. if i found a nice looking aero kit that fit well on ebay id wear it. and wouldnt care either way.this poor/rich bulls*** needs to go, cuz im poor and ill make you eat a f***ing wrench if you wanna talk s*** while im using one on MY car.

HoosierSX

its really a shame when 2 idiots can ruin a thread. can we get back to the op's topic please?

zeause

im unemployed and i always work on my car. Getting a good deal has nothing to do with income. There are a lot of big companys parts on ebay, garret, cusco, tein, bride, work, if you can think of it there is probly a part by that company on ebay. parts that dont have moving parts or quality is that great of an issue like turbos or coilovers, it doesnt matter how much you pay for them. Dont be a tool just cuz your parents bought you name brand car parts. I do all my work on my car from building the motor to doing paint and body and ive bought a lot of parts off ebay like exhaust short shifters intercoolers radiators. I even recommend the cat backs on ebay to all my 240 friends because of the quality and price of them.

jeff420
Car: too many to fathom

if you need to cover up some rust on your rockers on the cheap, they make this amazing stuff called fiberglass and bondo. alot cheaper and better looking than an ebay bodykit. fiberglass kits suck, trust me, i own one on another car. even though its very high quality and cost me an arm and a leg, fact is that stuff gets rock chips BAD. plus those cheap ebay ones are paper thin and when painted show all the waves and imperfections. not flamin anyone just sayin.

chukidrifter420

lol i have 80 lbs of fb in my kitchen right now

I like the style of certain side skirt designs they have out though, and im a big fan of the GP sports style kit

as for the car, the rust on the drivers rocker is just too far gone to be done up with bondo

so its getting sold next spring/early summer and im starting afresh.

ANYHOW, are there no pics of cheap ebay kits at all?

Jadesr20det
Car: 1990 NISSAN 240SX

Check sig.....you can make it work

mRodiek

Im sorry you guys took what I said the wrong way, let me clarify.

I do have ebay parts in my car-radiator/fans, intercooler/piping, & catback exhaust and I did get lucky with my parts and they all work relatively well.

When I say poor I am referring to people who dont have a great deal of money to dump into their cars and "build" them with big projects, and again by build I am referring to major changes [i.e. motor swaps, body kits/paint/wheels/tires]. So if you have money to spend then by all means do it how you want and if you choose to build your car then more power to you. BUT your going to waste the little money you DO have on low quality parts? Why take the risk on ebay? Just save your money and get the right stuff first, I learned that the hard way, I wish I would have bought a catback because my 4.5" muffler is disgusting and I hate it. My front mount fit like s*** and took alot of working to get it to fit correctly, if I had bought quality parts from a company that went through the R&D, then I wouldnt have had this problem.

Yes the ricer comment wasnt entirely appropriate but I do think that people should save their money and buy the RIGHT parts the FIRST time and those of us who made the mistake first should warn them right? I built my car with all of my own HARD EARNED money and I wouldnt have spent the amount I did if I couldnt afford it, I set a budget & stuck with it.

So again, search for deals and wait it out, but if you dont have alot of money then you should save a little longer and buy the right parts the first time instead of wasting time & money. If you want a body kit that is cheap and your gonna beat the piss out of it then fine save yourself money but dont be pissed if it fits or looks like s*** because we have all seen that happen.

chukidrifter420

DriftBoy07 wrote:Im sorry you guys took what I said the wrong way, let me clarify.

I do have ebay parts in my car-radiator/fans, intercooler/piping, & catback exhaust and I did get lucky with my parts and they all work relatively well.

When I say poor I am referring to people who dont have a great deal of money to dump into their cars and "build" them with big projects, and again by build I am referring to major changes [i.e. motor swaps, body kits/paint/wheels/tires]. So if you have money to spend then by all means do it how you want and if you choose to build your car then more power to you. BUT your going to waste the little money you DO have on low quality parts? Why take the risk on ebay? Just save your money and get the right stuff first, I learned that the hard way, I wish I would have bought a catback because my 4.5" muffler is disgusting and I hate it. My front mount fit like s*** and took alot of working to get it to fit correctly, if I had bought quality parts from a company that went through the R&D, then I wouldnt have had this problem.

Yes the ricer comment wasnt entirely appropriate but I do think that people should save their money and buy the RIGHT parts the FIRST time and those of us who made the mistake first should warn them right? I built my car with all of my own HARD EARNED money and I wouldnt have spent the amount I did if I couldnt afford it, I set a budget & stuck with it.

So again, search for deals and wait it out, but if you dont have alot of money then you should save a little longer and buy the right parts the first time instead of wasting time & money. If you want a body kit that is cheap and your gonna beat the piss out of it then fine save yourself money but dont be pissed if it fits or looks like s*** because we have all seen that happen.
totally agree, but dude, you're giving me all this info thats completely uneeded. your exhaust sucks? well s***, you got dealt a bad hand, would it be cheaper to pay two to three times as much for a brand name exhaust or would it be cheaper to pay 30 bucks to a muffler shop to have its hangars rewelded? I mean s***, im by no means rich, I'm 18 now, i've worked in resturants since age 11 under the table, bought my 240 when i was 14, i go to college full time and pay for it, and I work very hard doing internet marketing to earn my cash. doesnt mean you should splurge on ridiciliously overpriced parts where theres a cheaper alternative.

we ALL (Well, most of us at least) understand the risk of the cheap stuff on ebay. and im not saying its gonna fit great, i just wanted to see if anyone had ANY experience on the BODYKITS as I've seen mixed reviews

I've seen plenty of decent fitment of cheaper kits on ebay on other cars (honda's, acura's, dsm's) but none of my 240 friends have tried a cheaper kit on here. I have friends that have origin kits, and whoever makes raceons kits (dont feel like looking up at the moment), but these being people thathave much more money than me.

I think this thread should be closed if everyone here wants to turn it into another ebay flame thread. Plenty of those around. For those who can contribute, me and a few others were interested to see how the cheap stuff did fit, so please, god damn. Someone post something relevant.

mRodiek

No my exhaust sucks because its ugly lol but all of that info is meant to help you realize that ebay is hit or miss, and idk about anyone else but I only like buying & installing parts once if I have to. I didnt intend to flame, more to inform.

But I have to ask what is the point of this thread? You said yourself that ebay is inconsistent so do you think people posting pics of their ebay kits will help you find the same one or..?

Return to “240sx General Discussion”