Left brake light does not work

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Thaprotender
Car: 1982 Chev. Camaro 565 c.i. BBC

Okay a question all the sudden my left brake light does not work, changed the bulb no workie, tail light works fine and blinker. Any help?

AG

Btw same problem. =) Left stop light doesn't work, parking light works. Its not the bulb, because brake light and parking light is the same bulb.So I guess it has to be somewhere in the circuit. Any ideas?

MR.riera
Car: 08 Nissan Versa

Check your break pedal it has 2 rubber pieces where it makes contact with a switch. Its a very common problem with many nissans. Good luck

yo wesleyy
Car: Red 2007 Nissan Versa

somehow both of my brake lights went out at the exact same time just a little while ago.

Thaprotender

Thanks guys for the help will look behind the brake pedal, appreciate it.

The Edge
Car: Nissan Versa SL Magnetic Grey 6 Speed MT Convenience Package

just remember it's one buld but 2 different filaments in there. So it is possible for your parking light to work but your brake light not or vice versa.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

If under warranty, it should be covered, would get the dealer to look if possible.

Thaprotender

nope it is out of warranty didn't get the extended warranty just the 3 year 36K and it now has 38,700 miles, never fails huh...LOL?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

That may be a safety feature that would be covered longer. I would at least call and ask.

Thaprotender

never thought of that great idea and yes I will call them, thanks. I really cannot complain on the car I have put 18,700 miles on the car driving back and forth from Kansas to Houston. If I drive it 70 mph and the wind is not blowing too hard I get 38 mpg. Have found that for every 1 mph that I go over 70 I loose 1 mpg, if I drive 75 mph I get 33 mpg.

Mobil 1 synthetic oil, K&N oil filter, FilterMag (magnet) on the oil filter, K&N air filter

fjwagner
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S et al

MR.riera wrote:Check your break pedal it has 2 rubber pieces where it makes contact with a switch. Its a very common problem with many nissans. Good luck
I would have to assume that if it is the BRAKE (not break) switch, then both lights would be out. Our old BMW had this problem and it was the bulb holder that had shorted which was a couple dollar part. I have not had the Versa bulbs out so do not know what the bulb holder looks like. Circuitry near the bulb sounds more like the problem and is where I would start if you are sure the bulb is not the issue. Double check the bulb to make sure it has duplicate specs.

Thaprotender

Just spoke to Baytown Nissan, they said they have already repaired several on the Versa's. He stated that the harness going to that light is bad and the whole tail light assembly along with the harness must be replaced. $188 + taxes for the part and they must order it from Nissan it will be in next week. Thanks everyone for their help

drummerguy
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

My passenger side tail gate tail light stopped working...replaced bulbs made no difference. Now the side tail light adjacent to it stopped working also. Cannot be a fuse because it controls both sides of the vehicle and only one side is not working...gave up trying to fix it and made appointment with dealer.
Going out tonight my radio and climate control instrument lights did not come on...display is fine. Rotated the headlight switch back and forth..made no difference still off. Finally stopped the vehicle and turned headlight switch completely off and then back on.... lights come back on like normal.
Has anyone had this issue before with their radio and climate control lights before?....If the repair is turning them on and off again I am not too concerned. I cannot see how this would be related to my tail lights...it must just be a coincidence. Rogue has been great until now.

thanks...

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”