LED Taillight Install?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
miccris93
Car: 2000 Infiniti I30

So today, I got my set of Eagle Eye LED Taillights for my I30. I took out the OEM light on the car and tried to put the new one one, and the holes weren't lining up perfectly with the bolts on the light. This was on the furthest right light housing, the one with the turn signal. I figured I maybe have to bore the holes just a little bit to make it a better fit? And then to at least try them out I looked at the plug from my car wiring to the plug on the light and I don't really see how they connect. If anyone can help me out with this, or if there is a write up hidden somewhere on the forum that someone knows can help, I'd appreciate it :biggrin:

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I'd recommend taking pics, host them somewhere like photobucket or picasa, then post them up. Making the bore a little bigger on the holes should be fine, but if they won't plug in, you've got bigger problems.

miccris93

Not sure how much this would help, but here's a pic of the plug on the new taillights. Won't be able to get any other pictures till I get home from my college classes later tonight

EDIT: Someone on another forum mentioned it and now I realize that that plug goes into the stock bulb socket. Maybe tomorrow I'll have my friend take his dremmel to bore out those holes, and maybe use a little silicone to seal, and get those lights in

miccris93

Ended up installing them earlier tonight. Only the far-right taillight assembly was giving me a problem; all the other's were fine. A drill with a unibit ended up solving that problem. Now to decide if I want to put LEDs in for the reverse light and turn signals

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Awesome. May I make a recommendation? I would use LED for the back up/reverse bulb, but not the turn signal. Whatever the turn signal is (7440 or 1156), order some chrome amber bulbs from eBay. I like them because it appears as if the bulb is not there, but when you hit the turn signal switch, they're orange like it was intended. Solely up to you!

miccris93

jltibbs wrote:Awesome. May I make a recommendation? I would use LED for the back up/reverse bulb, but not the turn signal. Whatever the turn signal is (7440 or 1156), order some chrome amber bulbs from eBay. I like them because it appears as if the bulb is not there, but when you hit the turn signal switch, they're orange like it was intended. Solely up to you!
Actually, I really like that idea. Might not do the LED reverse lights since I'd rather not have a bluish light, and LED blinkers are a pain with needing resistors. I heard about those silver coated bulbs a while ago but completely forgot. Thanks for the reminder! :bigthumb:

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”