KYB AGX for S14

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Redline240
Car: 95 240sx

I've been searching and it seems that the KYB AGX's are not made for the S14, just the crappy GR-2's....anyone know if they do infact make them for the S14? and please tell me where i can order some cause i need them fast, thanks....

Redline240
Car: 95 240sx

Okay i just found that they do make it, but it got something to do with Hicas.....now i know that some 240's have hicas and some don't, so how do i know if i have it? and do i need it for these shocks?i have a '95 SE canadian version (VLSD etc)

TheProfessional
Car: movies, music, cars

i have AGX's for my usdm s14. they bolted right on perfectly. however, theyll cost a bit more than AGX's for the s13, because KYB just released this shock. its amazing though. good luck

TommyyJ

they sell em, http://www.enjukuracing.com has em...they also just sold on ebay for 405 plus 22 bux for shipping...hicas wasnt availalbe for 95 to 98 us versions...but u say you have the canadian version...well i guess easiest way to tell is turn your steering wheel all the way to the right or left, then look at the back wheels to see if they moved at all...

sheadee240

I think hicas is strictly on the S13, so that should not be a cocern.

http://www.pdm-racing.com

also sells them, they may even have them on special right now.

Stock VLSD huh?...you bastard. I wish mine came with it, its hard to find a good deal on the whole VLSD meatball, cuz shipping is so damn much

I bought struts last year before AGXs were out and had to settle for the GR-2s (AGXs werent out yet) sucks to be me.

TheProfessional
Car: movies, music, cars

sheadee, where are you from in CT man? im up in simsbury. keep in touch.

sheadee240

Wethersfield

send me an email

[email protected]

I would like to see some more S14s at the Bristol Auto-X next season.

CT Auto-X club in Bristol

-Shea

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

TommyyJ wrote:they sell em, http://www.enjukuracing.com has em...they also just sold on ebay for 405 plus 22 bux for shipping...hicas wasnt availalbe for 95 to 98 us versions...but u say you have the canadian version...well i guess easiest way to tell is turn your steering wheel all the way to the right or left, then look at the back wheels to see if they moved at all...

Hicas doesn't work that way. It does not activate at slow speeds and is not necessarily proportional to the frontwheel movements. IIRC, it does not work below 25 mph. And I don't really consider it a 4-wheel steering system. It's more of a rear wheel active toe system. It only changes the rear wheel toe within a range a few degrees. When you turn the steering wheel, it initially turns opposite the front wheels(if you point yout front tires left, the rear will point right), then it turns into the steer. Remember, these are slight movements and really just acto enhance steering. In it's first movement, it creates a sharp turn-in feel, and then the second movement stabilizes the rear end.

perpetual gyro

if you get the AGX's, I suggest you set the fronts' at a slightly stiffer setting than the rear. I had AGX's on my old eclipse and I played around with the settings...found out that the stiffer fronts take into account the weight ratio; since they carry more weight. This setting (3 out of a 4-position set in front, and a 3 or 4 out of an 8-position set in rear) maximized handling. Not sure about the 240 though..if your car jumps around during hard corning, i suggest lowering the stiffness in the rear and go from there. Just my .02. :)

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”