Kuda Mounting Base (as per Debonair's request)

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

Hey all,

Debonair requested photos of my Kuda cell phone mount, so I thought I would post descriptions, links and pictures for the benefit of all members.

The Kuda vehicle-specific mount is for cell phones, GPS units, or iPods. It is made (mostly) of fiberglass, with metal inserts for mounting to the vehicle. There is a tab that slides between the right side of the control panel and the dash. There is also a lower tab that mounts the unit to the dash (in a hidden location) that does require drilling a hole in the sub-dash plastic. It is covered in leather that is color matched; and the grain blends nicely with the M's interior. As far as I can tell, it is available in black only.

Link here: http://www.kudausa.com/infiniti-m-since ... a1749.html

Once you have a vehicle specific mount, you will need a dock for your specific phone. I have always like iBolt products, as they fit with most cell phone cases, and if you get a new phone, you simply buy a $5.00 phone-specific charging arm, and use the same dock. This eliminates the need to buy and install a new dock every time you upgrade your phone. The charging arm is also constructed to automatically switch your phone over to "dock mode", which is useful for many in-car apps; which I will get more into later in this post.

Link here: https://ibolt.co/my-phone

In my specific application, I originally purchased the iBolt IBXS-33603 for a Samsung Galaxy Note II. A unique feature of this unit is that it utilizes the micro USB jack on the phone for audio out, for connection to an aux in port in your vehicle. This eliminates the need to run a separate 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack to get audio from the phone to the car; assuming you do not have BT streaming capability. While this feature doesn't really apply to the M, it was great to have in my girlfriend's 2011 Sentra SL, since it has a 3.5mm aux input jack.

In addition to a vehicle specific mount, and a phone specific dock, you will need a mounting plate to attach the mount to the dock. The iBolt dock requires an 17mm ball type mount, and is available on their site for $10 bucks.

Link here: https://ibolt.co/car-docks/smartphone-m ... plate.html

My new phone is an HTC One Max, so to "convert" from the Note II to the One Max, all I needed to do was purchase a new charging arm for the HTC. It was 5 bucks on Amazon. Simply disconnect the old charging arm from the back of the dock, install the new one, and you are set. Since the M has BT streaming ability, that is all that needed to be done.

Apps: while you do not need to use one when the phone is docked, they are very useful for all kinds of information, and quick access to maps, music, voice commands, etc. iBolt has their Dock n Drive app; I prefer to use Car Home Ultra; link here: http://thespinninghead.com/wordpress/?app=carhome-ultra

Here are pics of the Kuda mount, adapter plate and iBolt dock in the M56:

Unfortunately, I was not able to take any pics with a phone in the dock, as I was using my phone to take the pictures. Never mind the paper floormats; I just got the car detailed. If you have have any questions, feel free to ask!

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Great write up and pictures! These are exactly what I was looking for and will no boubt be helpful to other looking for phone mounting options. The single picture on the Kuda site is ok but not the same as having multiple shots and angles like your pics. Thanks SmoovC!
:dblthumb:

Kuda website pic with iphone 4/5 (?) for reference.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Good work. Adding to the FAQ.

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

I am happy this was helpful to you, Debonair. If I can help with anything else, please feel free to reach out to me. :dblthumb:

IlyaKol: I am proud to be able to contribute to the forum, and will try to continue to do so in the future. Is it possible to change the typo in the last sentence of the post? I was in a hurry, and didn't proof read. :facepalm:

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

What typo? Image

SmoovC

LOL! Awesome ninja skills!!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”