krash's vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

hey guys, alot happened in the last two months. my sister found the appretiation for the vert that ive been trying to puond into her head for the last year. so she decided to keep the black vert that I was going to get when she was done with it:

i was completely bummed out and was sulking around for weeks. my dad recently got his dealership license and goes to auctions frequently. so I went with him one day to an auction in pennsylvania when i had no school. while walking around the lot i noticed a 240 in the corner of my eye. i figured it was a hatch and went to go check it out. when i walked up to it i was astonished! It was a 1993 cherry red vert!! what were the chances?! so we bid on it and won the bid for $800. the owner refused to let it sell that cheap and told us to bid on it next week. the same thing happened once more. finally my dad went up there one more time and won the bid for $600 and got the car. It is in immpeccable shape, the only problem is that it has a hole in the back window and a slight knock for 10 seconds after you start it. i'm guessing its the oil pump. it also came with a perfect condition boot. My dad purposed that if i keep my GPA up, then i'll only have to pay him $400 or so for the car. so without further ado, here are the pics:

I was completely in awe when i saw this:

we helped a guy on a swap in his 240 so he gave us his old motor for free!

i can scratch off flywheel from the manual swap parts list...

anyways tell me what you think! im full of joy right now haha thanks for looking guys.

PS- ill put it in the registry ASAP, the next time i go to the shop ill get the VIN
Modified by krash14 at 1:32 PM 5/10/2008
Last edited by krash on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

BiXLL
Car: ****VERTS**** Black 93--Red 92--White 93

Congrats man, REALLY great find!

Topless_92
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Convertible

I think thats the cleanest KA I've ever seen Very nice find! What do you have planned for it?

DirftKing102
Car: Nissan 240sx 1993 convertable

nice red vert! Looks like it needs a little work. Best of luck to you on your project!

krash

thanks for the kind words guys! as for the plans i have for it. #1 is manual swap. after i use the flywheel from the extra KA i might build it and turbo it. either that or get an SR and sell the extra KA. by the time im done with the car (long term) its probably gonna have a cf lip kit or a widebody depending on what i have under the hood, some kinda turbo motor, hopefully an rb25, and paint. im stuck on what to paint it. im not painting it right away but i cant settle on a color. im between white, red, or black again. thanks for looking guys!

sommmatt
Car: 1989 240SX

Holy clean engine bay Batman!

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

tell your dad i had a 4.0 in highschool and will pay him $900 for it...

cmkelly
Car: 1992 240sx Vert, 2006 Acura TL, 2001 Pathfinder LE, 1996 4Runner 4x4

Congrats! Great find. I love the paint - so shiny. Good luck with school and getting a great deal.

I can't believe these cars are still out there floating around being sold at auction for next to nothing. There were so few made you'd think we'd have seen all of them by now.

madcowvert

wow man what a great deal on the car.. congrats!!!!! have fun with it..

Juanit0
Car: 1993 Silvia Vert

Clean!

krash

DeXteR wrote:tell your dad i had a 4.0 in highschool and will pay him $900 for it...
lol you would like that wouldnt you! haha
cmkelly wrote:Congrats! Great find. I love the paint - so shiny. Good luck with school and getting a great deal.

I can't believe these cars are still out there floating around being sold at auction for next to nothing. There were so few made you'd think we'd have seen all of them by now.
I was amazed at how people were not bidding on it. there were only about 3 other people bidding on it and they were crazy lowballing! and the owner im guessing didnt know to much about it becuase he said the least he would let it go for was $1400, and then my dad's indian bargaining skills kicked in thanks for the kind words guys!

xorro
Car: 92 nissan 240sx convertible

congrats dude enjoy the toy when you start modding u dont stop

ccptravis
Car: 240sx convertible

i'm extremely jealous, nice find man!

starion1991
Car: 1994 nissan 240sx vert

Wow you got lucky with that red vert!! clean!!!!!

duffman1278
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, the wildcats!

Dude that motor looks really clean!

krash

thanks for all the kind words guys, we went up to the shop today in my sister's vert which created a great photoshoot opportunity with my vert. enjoy!

Love this pic^^

Brother and Sister verts:

todaywazag00dday

wow good find and 1 hell of a sexy @ss engine

BOOMSHAKALAKA

I like the black one better.

JK.

Congrats on your new vert. Must be fun trying to see out that rear window huh?

Time for them to get a washing...

krash

BOOMSHAKALAKA wrote:I like the black one better.

JK.

Congrats on your new vert. Must be fun trying to see out that rear window huh?

Time for them to get a washing...
Yea I was dumping all my time into my sister's vert before this one, so mine is basically untouched. I think her's looks a bit sleeker than mine tho, but i still love it lol. is the 93 lower than the 92? cuz when i was taking pics mine looked lower. for example:

i dunno it looks lower. and i get the wheels on my sister's vert too because she wants the OEM ones and her wheels are actually MINE!! that back window is a PITA. im probably going to have to replace the whole top eventually, it has some tears in it, nothing that will get me wet or cold, just eyesore little nicks here and there. how hard is it to change the top myself?

BOOMSHAKALAKA

I believe all the verts had the same kind of suspension, regardless of year. Do you know if her vert has new shocks? For all you know, it could be the color that gives that illusion.

Replacing the top by yourself is not a very easy task. However, there is a good write-up on it and I believe a few members on here actually did it themselves. I personally would rather have a professional do it because I know I'd only mess things up.

If the top's condition isn't too bad, you can always just replace the window for now.

krash

yes i do believe her shocks are new. is that why it sits up higher? maybe the brand? and as for the top i may just end up low-budget fixing the back window (aka visit to tx-maxx and some time on a sewing machine.) i replaced the whole curtain on my sister's vert and it was freakin frustrating! so i have to look around to see what to do with that. i also found that i need a new exaust, of course the panels are messed up, i need 1 back window switch, i need to fix the passenger back window(wont go up), trunk struts, passenger door lock problems, and a brake light. after that the car is at 0%, then the mods start rollin in....

BOOMSHAKALAKA

Ahh reading pwns me. I misread and thought you said you thought your sister's car looks lower. Ehh never mind.

You're probably just seeing things heh. Unless your vert has new shocks...

krash

Oh yea it does have new shocks....

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

WTF!!!

why would you raise this thread from the dead and not post pictures or an update? 'swrong wit-chew?!

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

DeXteR wrote:WTF!!!

why would you raise this thread from the dead and not post pictures or an update? 'swrong wit-chew?!
New rule:Pictures is required when bumping the old threads.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

New rule:Picture of aformentioned sister is required when rezzing this thread

krash

hah, sorry guys, I didnt realize what I was doing. I was just like, "oh hey lemme just to reply to what this guy said." BUT! I do have a tiny insignificant update. I got my Ebay steering wheel. It looks pretty sharp to me!

and hijacker, I dont have any pics that she wouldn't be like "ewwww I look bad in that picture" about. But here is a video of her singing on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGAHkZW0sXU

sorry for being a d!ck guys

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

What brand and what size is that wheel? Looks exactly like my SPW wheel I have on my coupe. Been looking around for something for the Vert.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

That is a nice looking wheel. Tell us how well it holds up!

There are very few women out there who don't think every picture of them is bad.

krash

I dont think it has a brand. Its off ebay and it was only like 40 bucks, hub included. the hub was my favorite part, the box was hilarious. The american translaiton instructions on the box. no typos on my part, this is exactly what is written on the box:

1. Please tighten the nut after adjustting the spline of boss to the spline of shaft. 0therwise the spline of boss is break down and very danger.2. Please grease the face of insulator little bit.3.Please tighten the nut by 3 to 4 kgs. (torque) If tooloose, very danger. and if tighten thoughtiessly, Boss is cracked and very danger.4. For the adjustment on height of handle, if you need, please buy a boss spacer.

Absoulutley NO typos on my part! That was the best. that very danger part killed me! Here's an ebay link to the same steering wheel, without the hub included.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Hijacker wrote:There are very few women out there who don't think every picture of them is bad.
Its flippin annoying! I have a good friend that is absolutley beautiful and she flippin hates every picture anyone takes of her! It really bugs the heck outta me to say the least haha

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”