Knock Sensor wiring question...

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
FSUDrifter
Car: trying to decide on one...

Hey my knock sensor wiring is jacked.

I know one wire is for the signal, but what is the other wire for?

Is that stuff that is hooked to the black wire just insulation?

S14-NEO
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx RB25 NEO powered

that wire you see is just an insulator type ground...it helps keep out interference.

efrain240sx
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx HB

that wire is just a ground it dont actualy plug into the knock sensor, so dont plug it into the knock sensor or the damn knock sensor will start acting wired trust me I know

FSUDrifter

ok so should I just run another wire from the black/white wire on harness plug to missing pin on KS plug? and reconnect then tape off the end of that insulation?

efrain240sx
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx HB

FSUDrifter wrote:ok so should I just run another wire from the black/white wire on harness plug to missing pin on KS plug? and reconnect then tape off the end of that insulation?

No dont connect the black/white wire to the KS or else it wont work good, just reconnect the white wire with the white wire and the other wire with the other wire but for the love of god do the pin the missing pin. just do it like my pic is

FSUDrifter

I'm trying to understand this sentece " for the love of god do the pin the missing pin"

the missing pin is on the plug that connects to the KS, why would I put a pin in there if there is now going to be a wire connected to it?

FSUDrifter

can anyone else confirm the above diagram?

I just don't understand why there are 2 pins in the plug that connects to the KS if only one wire is needed.

Can someone just look at there KS real quick or take a pic or something? This is the last thing left to do on my car.

Geno750

FSUDrifter wrote:can anyone else confirm the above diagram?

I just don't understand why there are 2 pins in the plug that connects to the KS if only one wire is needed.

Can someone just look at there KS real quick or take a pic or something? This is the last thing left to do on my car.
I've think I found my ks, and I think its a two wire but I'm not sure, you wanna just come over and take a look? I can give you directions.

FSUDrifter

Yeah I'll probably give you a call tomorrow, wednesday.

Geno750

Ok, talk to you then.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”