Kinetix SSV Intake Manifold

Member area: Post up your ride and the modifications to date
gjohnson66
Car: 2005 G35 6MT Coupe

Sorry it took so long to get this posted...Kinetix SSV intake manifoldInstallation Difficulty = easy side of mediumInstall Time = 5 hrs. (ONLY because I took my time and this was the first mod I performed on the car)Cost = $900Advantages = Increase in HP (around 16) and increase in torque (around 15-ish); looks damn cool; a good intake to have if you plan on forced induction at some pointDisadvantages = might be price prohibitive for some

I'll post some pics soon.

Mur21
Car: Infiniti G35 Coupe

Did you have your car dynoed after install or are you going by what the website said? I'm just curious because I'm thinking about buying it myself and I've read a lot of back and forth on how much hp it really adds.

TeflonG35
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan

Most shops that have dynoed it say that no gains are noticed. Some claim a loss in power. But it does look awesome.

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

TeflonG35 wrote:Most shops that have dynoed it say that no gains are noticed. Some claim a loss in power. But it does look awesome.
My buddy at Riverside Infiniti said that the aluminum they used was very thin and cheap.

Satter66
Car: 2005 Black G35 Coupe

I have one. It made the power band more smooth up to the red line. I'm not sure if it is faster or stronger because I never dynod it either. My car still burns rubber. 5AT. I put wider tires on too. The construction on this "newer generation SSV" is not thin aluminum but stainless steel. It looks pretty cool. However, after I install the Vortec this winter, I'm sure it will perform better than now. I should take some pics of my car and post them. My wife thinks it's ridiculous, but what does she know...

Return to “G35 and G37 Modification database”