KILLERGLASS.....DIY

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

well its finally here and with time supertight on hands even the guys at killerglass didnt even had enough time to do the installation themselves due SEMA so i picked up the kit and just got a quick explanation from thems, also i got an instruction page on how to do itTOOLS:long nose plierscutting bladeheat gun

prob. one of the easiest mods to do on your cube with simple tools, if you dont have a heat gun use a hair dryer and for pliers you can use almost any kind as long as it compress the clamps properly.you have the choice to either use your oem water hose or actually buy a spare one, after that you can choose to use the new one or still use the oem for the job.

your starting point is to measure the killerglass on top of the oem hose to have an acurate cut on both sides, you gotta cut the hose where it will meet the end of the killerglass grooves, myself i decide to use the new hose and leave the oem alonesee here the cut proces and measure pics

try to cut the hose with extra gap, you dont wanna cut it to short and then be in the need for an extra hose, cut it slowly until you think is pretty tight.once you got it on a nice measure take it off trying to keep eveything on place, now is time to slide the gates clamps, this clamps shrink with heat so make sure you dont pop the inner cardboard until the very moment you are ready to install them, make sure the gates clamps go over the killerglass grooves and at the same time to grab a good part of the hose

once i finished mine i put it on top of my xb and leave it alone while i got a couple more things ready for the cube, 10 minutes later just seating on the sun the clamps already had some shrinking on thems

now it is time for heat gun action, using the heat gun on high i shoot heat rite on the gates clamps while spining the killerglass so it wont get to hpt to a point you cant hold it.

i did the heating process 3 times and 5 minutes each and even when i thought i had it tight the pics shows in one side of the killerglass how it wasnt the closest to the killerglass, still it did a great job sealing the hose, those gates clamps are GREAT!

once it cools off a little bit you can now go ahead and place the killerglass on position, if it fits fine go ahead and put back the oem clamps on each side of the killerglass and you are done with it, add the missing coolant back in and you will see it go in thru the glass is pretty cool!run the engine for a quik minute and check the installation for any leak, after that drive the car for a little bit just so the more water goes thru the new killerglass installation, no leaks and you are done and guess what? from driving the cube for a bit the engine will send heat thru the killerglass so one more time the gates clamps with be under heat shrinking.gates clamps are used on high end companys like NASA, the guys at killerglass told me until this day not one clamp has come back defective or leaking and mine didnt dissapoint at all.

thank you so much killerglass, not only a fun do it yourself but also very easy

TBrack
Car: none

meh

randode

i had the killer glass on my xB. loved it!

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

thanks! yeah it still there with no problems at all, i gotta work my way into squeezing a water temp adaptor with it....after seen the results from the ATI gauges i want a few more of thems

Return to “Cube Forum”