Keys Locked Inside Car??

All things Altima Coupe.
panthergirl
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe

How can this happen? I accidentally locked my purse inside my car (with BOTH sets of keys in it!!). How can this happen? Shouldn't the proximity of my purse automatically enable me to open the door? How does the car know that the purse is INSIDE and not outside??

Grrrr..... Thankfully this happened outside my house (and I hadn't locked myself out of the house as well) but I have to call Nissan Roadside Assistance now.... crap!

Anyone else have this problem? I did a search and it seems like some do and some don't.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

The door button works in a three foot half circle around itself on the outside of the car....you wouldn't be able to open the door with it if the keys were already inside the car...The car has sensors that determine the location of the key...ie - you can't start the car with the key outside of the doors, same thing with opening the doors with the door button...

How did you manage to lock them in the car? Usually the car won't let you lock the doors...

08Coupe
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

I thought the ONLY way this could happen is with the motor running..IE the car thinking you were in it??

And to answer your question NO, otherwise someone could push the little button while you were at a light and car jack you! It shouldn't lock, but also shouldn't open with the keys in the car!

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

I've also ALMOST accidentally locked my keys in my car (they were in my coat pocket) but the car was never running. Sorry to hear about your misfortune..

2.5s mila
Car: 2008 Altima Sedan 2.5s Super Black

yea, i'm sorry to hear that. it sucks. i've found that if your keys are inside the car, then you can't lock the car by pressing the button on the outside of the car, but if your doors are already locked (by pressing the button on the door panel) then you can lock your keys in. what confuses me is when the trunk locks the keys in, or when it doesn't close when the keys are inside. i apologize if this is confusing. i'm kinda confused myself. haha.

Kanard
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe!

try charging it in the slot inside the car, next time. I tried this today. I was washing the car, and put my keys down, but was like "well i want them close, just not ON me while i wash" so i put them in teh trunk, knowing it may open. It Locked. i did it with the car interior, windows down *just in case* and the car locked. I was like "hooow!?" so i went and put it in the lil spot, and 5 mins later put it in the trunk, and soon as i closed it, it pops right back open. Try to charge it.. test this out, that way you will know 1 reason it may do this, next time. Hope i have helped in anyway.

08Coupe
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

Kanard wrote:try charging it in the slot inside the car, next time. I tried this today. I was washing the car, and put my keys down, but was like "well i want them close, just not ON me while i wash" so i put them in teh trunk, knowing it may open. It Locked. i did it with the car interior, windows down *just in case* and the car locked. I was like "hooow!?" so i went and put it in the lil spot, and 5 mins later put it in the trunk, and soon as i closed it, it pops right back open. Try to charge it.. test this out, that way you will know 1 reason it may do this, next time. Hope i have helped in anyway.
That slot is NOT a charger! The key uses a plain battery(non-chargable) there are no charging leads in the FAB! That slot is IF the Battery is Dead you can use the emergancy key in the FAB and put the FAB in the "slot" to start the car! Then drive to Radio Shack

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”