Key Fob Battery Charge

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Rykster
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35

When I picked up my '07 M35 a couple of weeks ago, the dealer told me that when you "plug" the key fob into that little pocket to the right of the steering wheel, it charges the fob. Is this true? From looking at the fob, there doesn't seem to be any connectors or contacts for the fob to connect to this "mystery charger."

Thanks.

InfinitiEric

Unfortunately that isn't true. It only sends data to the vehicle when the battery is discharged, but does not actually charge the battery. Not the first time I've heard this before though. Someone's been informing the dealership sales people with some bad information..

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

Whoa! What else did this "dealer" tell you..? :eek:

Partysan7
Car: 2008 M35

Nope, not true but the dealer told me the same thing ... if the battery dies or its power is low you will know.. and its a simple change... I just replaced mine two weeks ago .. btw. the battery is CR2025

kermit the guy
Car: 2008 infinity M35 Sport

naw it doesnt, i remember the dealer argued with me when i said it didnt cause my friend has it and so i know , he said nope it does, he didnt change his mind until we went to service and i asked them the tech said no! he still said they should charge it somehow in there! ha ha ha

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

kermit the guy wrote:naw it doesnt, i remember the dealer argued with me when i said it didnt cause my friend has it and so i know , he said nope it does, he didnt change his mind until we went to service and i asked them the tech said no! he still said they should charge it somehow in there! ha ha ha
How about this: Your key fob end inserted into the skin under your chin charges your head into an antenna which amplifies the output of the fob signal for farther range for your fob. :naughty:

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

Rykster wrote:From looking at the fob, there doesn't seem to be any connectors or contacts for the fob to connect to this "mystery charger."
As everyone else has already pointed out, that doesn't charge it. However, for the record, it could be charged without contacts as many batteries are these days. The problem with that is that even rechargable batteries eventually need replaced, so it makes more sense to use a watch battery in a fob.

InfinitiEric

antzrus wrote:
kermit the guy wrote:naw it doesnt, i remember the dealer argued with me when i said it didnt cause my friend has it and so i know , he said nope it does, he didnt change his mind until we went to service and i asked them the tech said no! he still said they should charge it somehow in there! ha ha ha
How about this: Your key fob end inserted into the skin under your chin charges your head into an antenna which amplifies the output of the fob signal for farther range for your fob. :naughty:
Now this is true! :bigthumb:

joetorch
Car: 2007 M35x

From the manual.....

NOTE:

The Intelligent Key port does not charge
the Intelligent Key battery. If you see the
low battery indicator, replace the battery
as soon as possible. See "Intelligent Key
battery replacement" in the "8. Maintenance
and do-it-yourself" section.

WhoDey456
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

antzrus wrote:
Your a silly and strange old man, but I bet you already and have been told this ay?!?! :werd:

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”