ka26det brian crower stroker numbers

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
mksue3240sx
Car: 240sx

I blew up my stock ka in my 95s14 a while back, but now its back with a bc stroker kit. I have heard a lot of comments about it, but never seen any numbers posted, so here they are. It is boosting at 14 psi on a mild pump gas tune by ums. Has a cxracing piping and intercooler kit, to4e turbo, 2.5 inch exhaust. see links below for dyno charts

Razi
Car: Moo

Wow nice numbers!
I've always been curious how the stroker would do with boost.
You would see more power if you get a larger exhaust though.

mksue3240sx

Yeah, engine kinda ate my budget for awhile. exhaust upgrades are in future.

neverlift

do the world and bc a favor, post some non turbo numbers. I'm just saying....

other than being a skeptic of the bc stroker kit thats a sweet dyno, I can tell some differences in the fact its only 20ish hp diff in trq/hp.
BUT and its a big one imho, it still looks to drop off after 6k. One would assume(knowing what that does) it would be able to pull more rpm. IDK enough about your setup to judge any more. NIce numbers!

do another dyno run with the down pipe(or test pipe) as the exhaust exit, this should give some good incite of what a 3" will gain.

Post more info

mksue3240sx

it is a pretty mild build other than the stroker kit. stock head and valve springs with bc stage 1 cams and 550cc injectors. its running on a map sensor and a wideband with an aem standalone. as to nonturbo numbers, i would like to see that as well but will leave that to the NA people. when it comes to the ka, mine would not be a good comparison as the pistons are 8.5 to 1.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I added [img] tags to your links so they would show up as pics, not links.

Nice numbers.

neverlift

yeah but few n/a guys spend money like that, especially not knowing what it could do... and the fear of not getting over 200whp for more than the car is worth...
regardless of the kits effectiveness awesome build.

mksue3240sx

i have built some na stuff in the past, and while the ka does produce some torque, even with the stroker kit 200 hp would be tough. The one benefit it does have is it is a fully counter weighted crank, so with the right cam and intake and head work it probably could be done, but with machine work and the cost of the kit, who wants to spend 5k on 200 hp.

SiDwAyZ240
Car: 95' SR Slayer, '02 LT Tahoe, '03 Chev Express is the DD

Is there an advantage to the stroker kit over just building a forged motor and boosting? I looked at a kit before and it was like 4k. You could build a 350hp car with forged internals and save a couple grand in the process. Did you get a deal on the kit? You have a very original build with nice numbers; I'm just not sure if I can justify the price tag.

mksue3240sx

the kit was 2700, Its basically a billet crank rated to 1000hp, rods good for 600, custom cp pistons and rings. the crank is fully counter weighted as opposed to the stock half counter weighted unit. there are two advantages to the kit, the increased displacement to 2.6L, and the reduction in bad crank harmonics experienced with the stock crank. the increased stroke also seems to fatten up the ka motors already insane torque curve. as to the cost, plan on an extra 2k or so vs the stock crank with forged internals route. is it worth it? is a name brand ball bearing turbo worth a grand more than a egay unit? the bottom line is if you are going to push the boundries of your platform, all the details add up, and any corner you cut can come back to haunt you. My future plans include alot more boost, so for me it was worth it.

SiDwAyZ240
Car: 95' SR Slayer, '02 LT Tahoe, '03 Chev Express is the DD

2700 makes more sense than 4k. Definetly relative to standard forged internals. I didn't realize that these kits are as affordable, with added advantages. I'm pretty sure I looked on one of the sponsors sites and they were in the 4k range. Bad a** setup, I look forward to seeing the end result pushing the limits; any KA with 600hp is alright in my book. :dblthumb:

mksue3240sx

call brian crower directly if you want a kit. i found one on ebay for 2800 and he sold it to me direct for 2700.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”