Well, got the problem camshaft bolt out (took a more powerful impact gun), replaced the gears and chains, got the lower cover back on and tightened the cam bolts, then hit a snag. I had installed the upper tensioner, but had not removed the pin, and after tightening the cam bolts, noticed that it was no longer there.
So, after a good deal of searching and not finding it, I removed the lower cover just to make sure it wasn't in amongst the timing components. Spent a couple hours looking and feeling around, but did not find it. Ran a small acid brush around the gears, guides, and chain and did not find it. I really don't think it fell in there, but I had to check.
Even looked and felt all around the exterior of the engine, and still no dice. I don't remember pulling it out, but I could have. I had a few distractions. I was trying to be extra careful. I am praying that it is not in the way of anything, but I will run the crankshaft through a couple revs to be sure. Oiled the lower chains and guides, still have to do the upper yet. Then it will be reinstalling the oil pan and p/s pump, ac comp, etc.
I will be glad if this works out, I have been at this almost daily after work and on the weekends over the last 3 weeks, and to top it off, lost my cell phone and had to buy another. One thing after another at my house. The reassembly is going faster than the disassembly. Had 3 bad motor mounts also, still need a replacement for the top passenger side, but can use the old one for the short term to get her put together.
The hardest part is getting up and down, a lift would have made life alot easier. I definately would not want to do another job like this again.
I hope that your job goes much smoother than mine.