KA24de/240SX fuel injector repair

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
petesleaf
Car: 1992 240SX/SE

Lot of people try to explain how it's done so I'm going to try to submit a pictorial on injector replacement. Six photos. [http://picasaweb.google.com/Petesleaf/K ... 0054517730]

vancouverbc
Car: 1991 240sx

Nice work. Do you have any pics of the injector screen? I'm not sure how one would go about gaining access.

Modified by vancouverbc at 1:42 PM 10/18/2009

Modified by vancouverbc at 1:48 PM 10/18/2009
Modified by vancouverbc at 1:49 PM 10/18/2009

vancouverbc

petesleaf
Car: 1992 240SX/SE

The injector shown is one of a set that I took down to Ft. Lauterdale to have cleaned by some idiot at an injector shop that claimed to be the good. The guy knocked them out of the fuel rail from the bottom with a hammer and proceeded to further ruin them to a total of something over $100. As you can see the screen is even blown out. I bought a full set in a fuel rail off of ebay that worked great until recently when one started sticking a little. Adding injector cleaner to the gas didn't solve the prob. That was last year and since then I learned how to remove them the correct way as you can see by the pics. I just wanted to contribute these pics because Nicoclub has helped me over the years by answering many technical problems on restoration of the three 92 240sx s13 cars I owned. You can remove the screens from the injector by putting it into your vice and clamping it lightly as to not crush it. Then spray around the plastic screen where it meets the injector and grab it with a pair of expandable plyers and twist it back and fourth lightly prying each side of the screen housing with a flat blade screw driver until you work it off the injector. It comes off. They are tight but they do come off. Once they are off you will see the holes in the side of the injector where the fuel goes in. Some of these sets of red injectors have two big holes and some have four smaller holes. This is where you spray the carb cleaner into the injector and then let it soak in 50/50 fuel injector cleaner and gas. You can also work it over with your compressed air. You don't need to reinstall the screen if you want to leave it off. The screens don't make much difference in the fitment of the injector in the hole but might keep some fuel tar/varnish out. six of one half dozen of another. When reinstalling the injector just make sure you hear it pop back in when you push down hard on the top of it. No amount of cleaning will work if you don't reinstall it correctly. You cant pop it in with your thumbs you need a push stick to make it pop in. New upper and lower O rings are the trick and lube them well. be careful not to drop anything into the injector chamber as it will end up in your piston cylinder and depending what it is it could be catastrofic. I was cleaning an injector chamber once with a small plastic tooth brush when the brush head broke off and dissapeared. There was no getting it out so I prayed it wasn't tougher than steel and started the engine with it in. I was lucky. I guess it vaporized.

vancouverbc

Great stuff:) Thanks for your contribution.

brudacille
Car: S13 Coupe w/Blacktop SR = Sold
S13 Hatch w/KA24DE = Current Toy

Great write up!! I never noticed the pry spot thats on the injectors.... maybe I'll get lucky and the SOB's will finally come out now :) I've broken quite a few trying to remove them. Thanks for the info. :)

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”