JSWORKS.ORG - New 300zx Track Build & Documentary Film

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
JSWORKS
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo

Hello All,

New here to the forum, but a long time member over at tt.net - (Jayru), and recently jouned 300zxclub - (JSWORKS). Someone over on 300zxclub suggested I join over here and post about my new project.

I've recently launched a new website/blog to chronicle my 300zx track build and documentary film I'm producing/directing about amputees pursuing their dreams.

I'm a documentary film editor by trade, and an amputee myself, so the subject is near and dear to me. I'm also an avid car guy, and have built/raced various cars over the years.

I hope to inspire fellow amputees (and able-bodied people alike) to make the most of life and follow their dreams despite limitations.

Info about the Documentary, 300zx build, & myself can be found here:

http://jsworks.org/about/

I'll be updating the site regularly, and have a bunch of posts up already (to the point where I'm currently at in the build).

Please take a look around the site and feel free to pass/post the URL along on other Z forums (I'm a member here, 300zxclub.com & tt.net right now), facebook, twitter, etc.

Any questions/comments are welcome. And I can be reached at [email protected] for questions regarding the documentary, blog, and build. Look forward to getting to know some of you on Nicoclub!

Thanks!
Jason Schneider (JSWORKS)

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

:welcome: to Nico!

Pretty inspirational stuff. Look forward to the updates!

JSWORKS

Thank you!

Have a film crew coming this weekend and plan on pulling the motor (In preparation for an EP Racing 8qt Oil Pan & Instillation of Ashspec's Intake/Charge pipes) and hopefully starting to tackle the rear quarter panel. Should have a lot of good updates to the blog shortly!

Jay

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Nice find on the Z.

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

:welcome: to the club!!!

Yes guys I have seen this blog, I enjoy reading the posts and the message it sends...

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

What class/org are you creating this track build for?

JSWORKS

flohtingPoint wrote:What class/org are you creating this track build for?
I'm looking into NASA's Pro Touring class a the moment, but I know I've got at least a season before I have to pick a class/org. I'll be starting out with NASA's HPDE events this spring/summer - once I get some seat time on the track (and see how I progress), I'll make the decision on a class and build/change the car's specs accordingly. So the current planned mods aren't radical or irreversible in case I join a class where something needs to change on the car.

I see from your sig you race SCCA, any advice for me getting started? It's much appreciated!

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

JSWORKS wrote:
flohtingPoint wrote:What class/org are you creating this track build for?
I'm looking into NASA's Pro Touring class a the moment, but I know I've got at least a season before I have to pick a class/org. I'll be starting out with NASA's HPDE events this spring/summer - once I get some seat time on the track (and see how I progress), I'll make the decision on a class and build/change the car's specs accordingly. So the current planned mods aren't radical or irreversible in case I join a class where something needs to change on the car.

I see from your sig you race SCCA, any advice for me getting started? It's much appreciated!
Feel free to shoot me any questions you may have in a PM, this way we dont turn your thread into a "how to get started in racing" thread and derail it =)

JSWORKS

New post up on the blog - Suspension Part 1 - http://jsworks.org/2012/03/02/suspension-part-1/

This week I took a break from metalwork to start on the suspension. Installed my Ground Control Coilovers, Tokico Illuminas, Stillen (gen 2) camber arms, and a 300 Degree camber kit. Placed an order with SPL for the rest of the suspension as well.

Big thanks to Sean over at SPL for all the info/help. Can't wait to get my hands on the SPL stuff!

Question for you guys - the next few posts will be about making the documentary along with a profile of this amazing guy Jerod I met last year (who's a double amputee and mountain climber).

Interesting stuff (but not really Z related). Are you guys interested in hearing about that type of stuff on here, or should I just post when it involves the car stuff?

Feedback's welcome!

Thanks!
Jay

JSWORKS

Hey All,

New JSWORKS.ORG Build Post - http://jsworks.org/2012/03/17/firing-on-all-cylinders/

It’s been crazy the past few weeks! Between the Z build, working on the documentary, and just working in general (to earn a living) – I’ve barely had enough time to sneak in a date night with my fiancée, let alone manage the blog.

So I thought I’d compile a sneak peek of a few things I’m working on to give you an idea of what’s been happening up to this point.

Waiting on some parts to get finished/shipped, but plan on putting most of the car back together for mock up next weekend and capture it on film!

Check the blog for more info... But here's a little car p0rn for ya ;-)

As always, a big thanks to my sponsors - Ashspec, EP Racing, SPL, and Ztuner!

Jay

JSWORKS

Hey All,

New JSWORKS.ORG Build Post - http://jsworks.org/2012/03/21/they-say- ... in-threes/

Hope you enjoy (my pain), lol. (Had some serious setbacks this week)

Jay

300ZXttZMAN

Pease keep doing these updates so that I know when to go look at it.

Also I am going to add this thread to the The Z32 Build Compilation

Anything special you want me to call yours?? I'll add it tomorrow.

sbird1
Car: 2006 BMW 325i

Awesome stuff! Good to have you.

JSWORKS

300ZXttZMAN wrote:Pease keep doing these updates so that I know when to go look at it.

Also I am going to add this thread to the The Z32 Build Compilation

Anything special you want me to call yours?? I'll add it tomorrow.
Thanks! JSWORKS.ORG Track Build/Documentary or something to that effect would be cool!

300ZXttZMAN

Okk done!

JSWORKS

Thanks!

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

Jay, I'd like to talk to you about writing/filming/producing documentaries. I've made some attempts at writing scripts, but i think my best stuff involves non fiction. Send me a PM when you have a minute...

JSWORKS

I'm not sure how to send a pm through here. I clicked on your profile, but it didn't give me the option. You can just contact me at [email protected] with any questions.

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

Sweet. Will do...

JSWORKS

Hey All,

New JSWORKS.ORG Post - Throwing Good Money After Bad (where do we go from here)?

http://jsworks.org/2012/04/08/throwing- ... after-bad/

Bunch of new developments on the build. Hope you enjoy.

Happy Easter/Passover everybody!

Jay

JSWORKS

Hey All,

New JSWORKS.ORG Post - http://jsworks.org/2012/04/25/aint-no-m ... h-enough/
This week I’d like to take a break from the Z build to introduce Jerod - a local prosthetic technician, mountain climber, and all around nice guy. Who despite the loss of both legs AND being a diabetic, climbs the highest mountains… literally!

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist the Velveeta on that one.)

I had the privilege of filming Jerod a while back for the documentary, and even went climbing through the mountains of the Delaware Water Gap with him. Truly an amazing experience, and something I’ll never forget. Hope you enjoy!

(If you guys don't want me to post non Z related content just say the word and I won't from here on out.)

Jay

300ZXttZMAN

Thanks for letting us know about the post. I wanna see Z posts!

Anyway thanks for letting us know.

JSWORKS

Hey Guys,

I'm excited to announce the launch of my first teaser trailer for the documentary!

http://youtu.be/8VfAhLQw1JY

More info and future updates for the film can be found here - http://jsworks.org/documentary/

Please spread it around anywhere you see fit. I'm really hoping to get the trailer out there and create some grassroots interest! So share via email, other forums, facebook, twitter, carrier pigeon (joking) - basically any way you can!

I've got some exciting news to announce regarding the Z build in the coming weeks as well! So stay tuned.

Thanks so much for all the support you guys have given up to this point! It's much appreciated.

I hope you enjoy the trailer!

Jay

JSWORKS

Leaving for FL in the AM to pick up my new engine from Ztuner!

Psyched! http://jsworks.org/2012/08/15/fortune-favors-the-bold/

*On another note – there’s a few new ways to keep up on the project now! If you’re on Facebook, please check out and “like” our new Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/jsworks.org (I hope to add Facebook only photos and other behind the scenes details you won’t find on the blog in the future). Also follow us on Twitter! – https://twitter.com/JSWORKS_ORG – Thanks everyone for the support!

Return to “General Chat”