JL's Skyline GTR - From Stock to Finish Done Right- R32 Metallic Red Pearl

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
archaeicbloke
Car: Skyline GTR

well like i said, new location of the greddy turbo timer... so i needed to extend the wiring... such a mundane job... sigh ... i would hate to have to re do wiring on a full harness or something like that lol

a number of you asked which boost controller im getting, well im fairly set on the Blitz SBC-R, for the following reasons:

1) i like blitz as a brand
2) i like the fact that its the same size control box as my greddy turbo timer and will fit my scheme perfectly
3) its a dual solenoid control valve*

*really thats the most important thing to me, after speaking with my tuner and mechanic they all tell me for the money, the blitz sbc is the best, and the other single solenoid valves wear out and you'll find boost spikes... where as the dual slenoid is much happier to hold rock steady boost all day.

so inside the car i had everything pulled apart i needed to:

- connect my voltage meter which is located in the trunk to an IGN/ACC source, so i picked it up off my greddy harness (easy enough)
- mount and install the greddy turbo timer (i really like how it has a digital speedometer built into it! lol)
- mount and finish my center console

notice im now using a 50 year old coal miners lamp as a work light since i smashed mine a while back.......god that thing is frustrating! lol

and heres the finished product! sorry for the blurry photos...

the other reason i put the turbo timer in that location is because i don't want blue/green flahsing lights up near my field of visiion, turbo timer is not something i need to be watching while driving, the other gauges are more important, like i said, wanna stick with the red light theme.

anyways i finished today by installing the rear seats, fixing my sagging roof liner, hooking up my front windshieeld washer spray (turns out i had the oneway check valve installed backwards! lol)...

so all thats left to do for me is:

- fix oil leak from block bolt
- make sure theres no other leaks (seems to be ok now)
- install fender liners + under tray
- mount the nozzle for the intercooler spray to the bumper and aim it at the I.C.
- install rear + 20mm spacers
- balance wheels
- get an alignment

im gonna try to post a video tonight of the entire startup sequence and maybe a little light footed driving, cant make any promises tho yet...

archaeicbloke

.....It's baaaaaaa-aaaaaccckkkkkk!!!!..............:D :D :D

The skyline smile that is! OMG, I am SOOO happy! I just took it on the first highway drive, it's been 8 months!!! This car feels SO amazing. The cornering, the acceleration (even though I'm keeping it below 6,000 rpm and less than 0.9 bar of boost. I can't imagine what its gonna feel like at 1.2 or 1.4!!!!

I'm in love, hahahaha... I gotta give a big shout out to everyone and anyone that ever made a suggestion, a comment, and any sort of communication with me, thanks so much for all the support, it's really paid off!!

I did notice a couple minor squeaks, and things I want to address, but all in good time. The oil leak is essentially negligible, but I'm gonna address it tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work. I figure it`ll take a couple of hours to remove the passenger side axle and re-fit the banjo bolt with new crush washers.

So as promised, I posted the video! its really just a short clip of the startup sequence from inside the car. I drove at night tonight as well (didn't video it sorry - I will in a few days though) and the design is perfect. It's not even the slightest distracting, once I dim the defi's down for night driving, and because my hand is on the shifter the otherwise would-be annoying blue light from the turbo timer is basically un-seen! as it's covered by my arm.

Here's the direct link in case the embedding code doesn't work on the forum (some forums allow it, others don't).

http://vimeo.com/12002995

Okay well, I cant keep it contained any longer! I do have some news about a more "full length" video coming down the tubes. I won't say a whoole lot of details about it yet but here's what I will tell you:

- It will be shot in full HD
- It will feature my car, and a number of other local cars (if your from/around Canada shoot me a PM and we'll try to get you in the video too)
- It will show footage of skyline meets, drift events, drag events, track-day events, and some general "road" driving

The filmer/editor is a young guy, about 21, from Montreal, but he films skiing for the pros. He`s done work for Redbull. He's what we call a "natural". He's in Switzerland right now as he got hired to film a few of the pros all season. Check out some of his work here and you'll see what kind of thing we'll be doing for the skyline video! (Very excited about this)

--> some awesome color effects he did: http://vimeo.com/3126477
--> a promo ski video he made: http://vimeo.com/10964594

ghost_22_47
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Covertible with RB26dett

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Awsome build man, quality parts choices too. Alot of people just try and cheap their way through things.
If you ever want to get rid of your stock seats let me know I'd love them for my car,
rb26dett-93-240sx-convertible-project-t478401.html

kozanatos

IMO it is nice to go through a thread without having to go to each page...
Your 3 pages are better than some people's 50 page build threads ( n o j o k e )

archaeicbloke

haha wel thanks!~ im not sure how i did that (limit it only to 3 pages)... lol but i guess its good!

hey all, well the car is off at autoworx now gettings its full summer tune up and check over and they're installing a few more things. should have it back soon.

for now, i thought id post some pics of the finished interior! so thats the greddy auto timer in the center arm rest, its set to display speed while driving so thats kind of cool for my passeneger and I to have a digital speedo too! ..and auto countdown when key is removed from IGN.

then i spent some time to install the rear +20mm spacers (was having a slight issue but resolved it with time) so now all 4 wheels sit a rather flush and nice effective +20 off set all around! woohoo:

and i cleaned the car a little bit and took it out to the dock for some photos! hope you like the new look!

the fender liners werent installed yet on these photos thats why the front wheel wells look so weird...lol

Heh!~ you can see my boat back there too! lol

the car were be lowered a little more at the shop too!

Otto.

This is one of the best builds I have ever seen. Great work! :)

Ti@go

Great work ;) when are the big brakes comming :)
Its well known the oiling issues with the stock oil pump on the rb26, thats my greatest fear in my setup couse i still run stock bottom end. When i changed my valve springs,retainers and cams i also did a compression test it showed in cylinder 1,2,3,4 and 6th 12bar the 5th 11 bar, i also looked into the chamber with a seesnake and everything was normal :ohno: but i am worried because of oiling issues the oil pressure at cold is 6 bar and when really hot is 2bar. for now i have nothing to worry but soon i suspect that i have to work on the bottom end couse im pushing 600 plus on stock bottom end using race fuel 112 oct, and tracking it.
Looking forward to see updates.
Best Regards

archaeicbloke

@Tiago - Wow.. that's incredible!! Your oil pressures seem good to me. That's what mine are and my setup is new!! So keep going, When the time comes I hope it's a slow deterioration like mine and I hope you can spot it in advance and save yourself some money. As for a BBK I don't think I will. I haven't found it necessary yet, however I am planning a track setup. I'm gonna get some adapters to run bigger disks up front, then I'll use Brembo blanks and hawk HP+. Heard good things about that setup.

OK, well its been a while so I figured I'd update this on whats been going on!

Picked it up from Autoworx after the REAL appointment yesterday here's what they did:

- Fxed my power steering leak, and my oil leak. no more leaks anywhere woohoo!
- Installed all the fender liners and mud guards and brake ducts.
- Fabbed up some brackets to mount my oil cooler, its mounted horizontally, like the under tray, but just above it, so I'm going to me cutting the undertray a little bit to make sort of a ducting system that will funnel air over the cooler properly. (its not very common to mount the cooler that way but for some reason, even my last GTR was like that too.) i noticed oil temps are now 15 degrees cooler on the highway... super stoked on that!
- They tested my TPS... it's OK, we're trying to find the cause of the elusive misfire, and I suggested testing the O2 sensors i had, ... yep one is completely bunk! the rear... so I've placed an order for new O2 sensors and when they come in ill go pick them up and install... iI only SELDOM get misfire and its usual around 3000 rpm off boost. so not a big deal.
- They also fixed the problem with over boosting... it seems I shouldn't have used metal clamps on vacuum lines, as one of them I tightened too much and it split the hose, causing boost leak en masse! and no limit on boost.
boost is now limited to 1bar via actuator pressure, but I don't run it to 1 bar cause i fear the detonation! lol. Injectors + a new tune are on the way! No worries.
- They also fixed the clunking from the suspension... not sure what it was he said just a loose bolt that needed to be tighter.

ONE more thing I wanted to say, huuuge thanks to Autoworx. When they did my crank and bottom end I asked them to just leave the pistons in the bores so as to not ruin the piston ring seals. They didn't. Instead they took them out, inspected all rods and pistons, cleaned all the rods and pistons, removed all the rings and skirts etc. inspected, cleaned, and put it all back together again. They also re-did the cross hatch in the cylinders, so it's like new in there!!! And best of all, everything was still in wicked good shape.

So I'm quite pleased with the work they did. Autoworx FTW.

Right now I'm headed off to get an alignment, *tired of being made fun of at Autoworx for running positive camber..LOL*
I'll post the spec on the alignment afterwards.

News on the video, the filmer and editor is back in Canada now, so I'm gonna talk to him about it soon and hopefully start planning something.

archaeicbloke

thought I'd post this up see what you guys think!

autoworx made a panel where the braided lines pass through the body, and mounted the cooler core on the front subframe like this, like i said i'll have to modify the undertray to sort of scoop air toward the core... looking forward to doing that soon.

heres a few engine bay shots!

and i thought this was a cool pic of the GTR hiding out!

Justin Duncklee

Awesome build!! You have inspired me to tear apart my car and re-build it over the next week!!! Keep it up! great build thread

JDM Sil4ty
Car: Sil4ty

man, i wish i had tthe knowledge to rebuild a whole car .. my time will eventually come. on the other hand.. moar picss!!

archaeicbloke

you can too!

thanks to frankiman tonight i picked up my replacement AC high pressure line since mine was broken i bassically don't have AC lol...

i also picked up an ACT 6 pick un sprung clutch kit, and light weight Toda flywheel from a local member too!

the car goes next week for the install, and a few other small things

I've been keeping busy with work all the time so its tough to find time to install these things myself anymore, but anyways, heres the clutch and flywheel kit:

oh yah and we're also using a new brand of oil, Gulf racing 10W60, i like it, it seems to keep well.

r32skylineTN
Car: r32 skyline gts-t

looks like a hella good build I have the gts-t hopefully i'll be able to bump up to the gtr soon.

iandrew89
Car: '89 Nissan 240sx Redtop SR
'94 Infiniti J30 Stock
'91 Infiniti Q45

Great build man! I'm planning on an R32 GT-R one of these days when I can bring it into the states. 2014 can't seem to come soon enough. Neways very nice build and hope we get more soon. I've been watching this thread for sometime now.

GTS4-R
Car: my feet

nice ride..... excellent work! im shocked u got the engine in and out with the trans on. Im pretty adament about dropping the trans and pulling the engine alone on this car. It makes it ALOT easier..... suckiest part is the starter!

ps......moar low plz
Last edited by GTS4-R on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

GTS4-R
Car: my feet

archaeicbloke wrote:Image

i put that drain to good use too!
peep this innovation ;)

nissangirl74
Car: 2014 Xterra Pro4X, '12 Titan 4x4, '98 240sx, '89 Pao, '77 620, '72 240Z w/RB25, '68 510, '67 WRL411, '67.5 SPL 311, '63 Bluebird, '63 NL320

A beautiful car and an amazing thread. Congrats on all the hard work!

They Call Me Whatshisname
Car: 2006 350Z

Gorgeous car I am truly envious.

archaeicbloke

haha Awesome idea for the oil drain. As for skylines in the US... I plan to bring mine to the US when I buy a house down there (2016)... it's such a shame to have to drive it on our bombed out horrific Canadian roads (riddled with potholes...you'll see what I mean with my new post today)...the US roads are just sooo perfect.
thanks for all the great words guys, much appreciated!!!

Well I know its been a while since my last update but what can I say? when summers here I spend a lot less time updating thread and more time driving the car!! LOL...
2 weeks ago I left for a trip the South Carolina USA... we drove (a VW Jetta) basically all up and down and across the USA eastern seaboard, we hiked, climbed mountains, surfed the oceans... pretty wild trip. I'm finally back home.
The plan was originally to take the GTR of course but when I crunched the numbers on fuel pricing we just couldn't afford it!... It would have cost $1300 in gas for the GTR... and the Jetta cost $380... so the choice was clear... or so I figured. OK, the car has 2 weeks to chill, and a little money to be spent on it since it wont be spent on gas!... So the day I left I dropped the car off at Autoworx with a big list for them to tackle..... and so here's where we stand on the car at the moment:

- All 4 wheels have been filled with nitrogen instead of air (bigger molecules apparently is better? No clue...lol)
- My front right rim has a bad bend across the barrel from hitting a pothole, so that's been diagnosed properly now, as it was previously thought to be just off balance. I'm going to go see P. Jacques here in MTL. He does all the magnesium and light weight rims for the drift guys out here... He should be able to help me out, or so I've been told.
- My AC was non-functional due to a blown AC-high pressure line. Bought a new one off frankiman (thnx for the great deal bud!!) so Autoworx swapped the lines and put a huge vacuum on the AC system to test it, was non-leaking anymore. TEST PASSED!! woohoo.. So they filled it with new refrigerant. Now there is a problem with the AC electrical control unit, so I'll get to that soon.
- Then I had one burned out Oxygen sensor, so I figured replace both with brand new OEM sensors... Now the car runs a lot better, no more spitting or hesitation!! yeeeee!!
- The E-brake needed to be cleaned (shoes) and adjusted as I was not able to lock up the wheels at speed... Now it locks up quite well!
- I had some sort of stupid coolant leak which I though was coming from the rear turbo... turns out Autoworx found a broken hose clamp on the heater core lines.. problem gone.. turbos still perfect!
- The clutch job: so I first measured the thickness of my second hand ACT 6 puck disk... it came it at 0.305" (inch thick), so I called up ACT usa... asked for the spec.. New the clutch is 0.315".. so I'm good. It's essentially brand new. They said the minimum thickness before slipping will be 0.250... so that was awesome news.
The difference in weight between the Toda light weight flywheel and the OEM was roughly 20 pounds (10kg)... so that's also awesome. Then at Autoworx they did a full clutch job... took off the old stuff (pictured below) installed the new. They removed the full clutch dampener circuit and replaced it with a stainless braided line, they bled the clutch and put in ATE high temp rating blue clutch fluid. And of course the pilot bushing and release bearing at the same time.

After driving the car the first time I gotta say I'm really enjoying the cluytch feel, its not at all super heavy. I'ts like 75% heavier than OEM feel, it grabs like there's no tomorrow, it's sort of "on/off" button style, but I'm getting used to it.. love it!! Gonna try a couple launches in some time... once I'm more acquainted with the setup.

So here's my "to-do" for the near future:
1) Diagnose electrical problem with climate control unit ... may end up buying a new one, so if anyone has one for sale... lemme know ill take it!
2) Bring rim to get repaired. If its UN-repairable, I may end up ordering 2 new SSR type C-Rs from Japan. Only difference is I will match them exactly to my rears so I wont be staggered any more. We'll see tho, that`ll be a lot more expensive than repair. lol

3) Buy and install Blitz SBC type R boost controller.

Then its onto the bigger picture which is the final touches of:
- Denso 280 lph fuel pump
- dDenso 700cc injectors

And followed with a re-mapping at the dyno...

I'm almost there guys... almost reached my goal for this car!!! then what after!? hahaha.... Here's some photos of the stuff.

Old clutch system:

Old O2's, clutch circuit, and blown AC line:

And that's the replacement line for the slave:

archaeicbloke

so i Just had to update this again as i couldnt be happier... in the last 2 hours I:

1) measured and cut my undertray to fit the oil cooler core, then mounted the undertray on the car. hopefully this will reduce a lot of the engine bay dirt and dust ive been noticing.

and best of all:... 2) fixed my AC electrical problem!! woohoo!!... AC works 100% perfectly and blows ice cold!, for anyone who was wondering what the issue was... all i did was unplug the unit, blow air into the plugs both sides... and re-plugged it in... and it worked, so either it was dust, or a loose connector.

and 3) confirmed that yes indeed my coolant leak was not the turbo at all, but rather the heater core lines... so no leaks, no problems! :D :D :D

im falling in love with this car all over again!

also, you should all remember the post i made about the video to be made this year, well, we've had our first meeting and we are gonna start testing the film equipment shortly!

archaeicbloke

Just a little background about what we're doing here:
We're making a short film (20 - 30 minutes) that will feature mostly skylines but also other tuner/imports, and events, meets, shops, scenic drives, and essentially a lot that's involved in owning a skyline/import and being an active member in the community.
the film will not exactly have a set out plot or story line but will have short segments about each part, a lot of professional filming and editing will go into this video and it will definitely be something everyone involved will be proud of.

As promised, a VERY short quick clip of some of the filming we did this past weekend, this edit does not include the HD or GoPro shots we had.... take a look and then read my post below:
*This video was edited by me, and not the crew, the real legit teaser will come within a week or so and it'll be way nicer...lol*

Link in case above doesn't work: --> http://www.vimeo.com/13982467

we will have a "private/closed course" in which we can do what ever driving we like, and a little bit of planned choreography. taking place in the middle of September.
we're currently looking for any of the following vehicles to be part of the video in a "meet and drive/drift/stunt" event:
- Honda: NSX, JDM integra Type R
- Subarua: WRX, STi's, type c, a, b, and RS's
- Mitsubishi EVOs
- Nissan: S14, S15, 240, Fairlady Z (JDM), 350Z Skylines (All makes models and years, 32, 33, 34, GTS, T, GTR etc) new GTR's
- Toyota: supra, Soarer, MR2,
- Mazda: Rx-7

We're looking for tastefully modified cars, with power. cars that can drift, and cars that are fast as hell. cars that are original and cars that fit " the scene look"...

so anyone who would like to be part, all you need to do is:
- send some photos of your car
- a spec list/mod list,
- include your first name only
- how long it would take you to drive to Montreal for the film day

Email to: [email protected]

You'll be notified within 24 hours when we receive your submission, and we'll let you know shortly after if you make the cut... (many board members will make that cut, so no worries lol)!!

MOOAARRR updates soon to come, stay posted.

archaeicbloke

*JUST TO CLARIFY*

there will be NO filming on dirt roads!!!
many people seem to think because the Teaser #1 showed dirt roads that it will be all dirt roads... there will be in fact no dirt roads at all.... all will be paved roads.
please continue to mail your submissions to: [email protected]

thanks!!! see you all soon!

archaeicbloke

just i was leaving work, i noticed my steering felt heavy... looked at the speedo, nothing... dead speedo, probably the speedo cable.

so... heres how my day went after work.

first of all i now have 100% confirmation of the day my car was assembled, this fell out from behind the old speedo cable. yep October 19th 1991..... oddly enough thats the same date as my GF's birthday.. hrmm... these 2 ladies in my life share more in common then they each know!!! and not just all of my money either ! LOL

So i started by taking everything apart to confirm my suspicions:

hrmmm.. HELLA broken!~

*sigh* $140 later, thanks autoworx for having one in stock!!! woohoo:

anyways its a quick hour and a half job, the hardest part is putting the screws back into this thing, id thought id better snap a photo of this since not many other people who've done this job had this photo, and if u don't know what ur looking for, this is hard to spot in the dark!
this black triangle thing is the bracket for the cable...

cars working good again, more info on film to come.

archaeicbloke

ok... this is the first teaser released by the editor, its just a short sweet sample, so you can see a bit more of his style. he put this together just from the test footage we had taken a few weeks back.

http://vimeo.com/14479060

actual filming is slated to start in early september with ultra-ride and our Sanair trackday,
really excited to see the finished product!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/14479060" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/14479060">skyline test montage</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/statementfilms">Peter M</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Dittoz7
Car: 1997 2f0WtY SE!

Awesome build thread! Keep at it!

LunarShroud
Car: 1987 300zx

great build thread! kudos for taking the time to do it right. seeing that beautiful R32 makes me want to move to canada. (never thought i'd say that! :couch ) can't wait to see the finished video.

archaeicbloke

@Ditto7z - thank you very much!!

@Lunarshroud - hahahah its a whole different world up here man, lol... i actually did a huge US road trip this past summer all the way down the east coast from maine to south carolina... and the biggest differences between canada and USA is the cost of living.. way cheaper in the USA... gas is basically free compared to what we pay here, and food/groceries are much cheaper by a factor of 2 for you guys. but education is more costly and it shows in the small towns of 'merica. lol all in all, i cam to the conclusion, its hard to make money in the USA.. but if you have money, its the best place to spend it! way more for your dollar.

well today i woke up early, and went down to Autoworx for 8am to get an oil and filter change since we're going to the track this friday to film for our movie.... it was supposed to be just a straight forward oil and filter change and a quick once over to make sure im ready for the track, but when i spoke with haig about my over-boosting problem (can hit 1.2 Bar if im not careful!! ) we discussed a few different approaches...

first we determined those red silicone vacuum hoses i put on this past winter are garbage... no one should ever buy them again... stock vacuum rubber lines are by far the best. and we found this out because they kept splitting where i put the clamps on.... *sigh* so haig replaced the split hose with a new one, went on a road test...

vroooom down the road, stops, turns around comes back, car back on lift... *sigh*.. "well its better" he says.. but its hitting 1.1 now.. he seems to think maybe the actuator arms are not properly adjusted so he compares my -5's actuators to a fresh set he JUST got from Garrett... yup... mine show 12 threads... his normal -5's show 7 threads on the arm... so he tries to adjust the arms on the actuators..... back out for another road test...

nop. didnt change anything. so he continues to scratch his head... then *lightbulb* moment... he hooks up his air pressure hose to a normally functioning GTR parked beside mine.. checks at what air pressure the waste gates are supposed to open normally to allow boost bleeding and limit the boost... normal open on the new -5's is like 10 PSI...

hooks up the system to my car..... 10 psi.. not opening.. 12 psi not opening.. finally at 15 psi they open! blaw! wtf?! lol... he tells me: "look, i guess who ever supplied you the turbos didnt check the parts properly, because you're running upgraded actuators with stiffer springs for better response"... im like ... :O oh!.... sweet!!!

so now the problem is.. how do we make the car boost below 1.0 bar so i dont blow up my motor at the track....
solution... adjust actuator arms to be shorter, so it takes less air pressure to open the waste gates.. and then he ran a completely new separate vacuum line, direct from the manifold boost connection, to a T and into each wastegate.. effectively by passing all those messed up red silicone lines i did over the winter...

soo.. THANKS to haig, my car NOW finally runs perfectly as it should, im boosting about 0.9 bar, getting a proper fuel air mix most of the way up on WOT until 6000 rpm when the boost seems to bounce and fluctuate (obviously because its fighting against those super stiff waste gate springs).. but my peak is like max 0.96 bar.... really quite pleased...

amazing how a simple oil change quickly becomes vacuum system trouble shooting and 4 hours of testing and fiddling... BUT.. im happy, and he didnt take my left nut, cost was VERY reasonable :)

Pic related...its the new master vacuum line! :D:D:D:D

archaeicbloke

well its the update most have been waiting for!

some better footage from the track!:

HD Teaser #2 - track day footage!
http://vimeo.com/15234000

more to come in the coming weeks as we continue filming!

archaeicbloke

Surprised more of you aren't commenting! The other boards are pretty well lit up!

Well sorry it's been so long since the last update. I tend to do a lot more driving of the GTR then working on it in summer. But I do have a little bit of an update for you all. I'll start with this:

So... what have we been up to? Well I've being using photo shop to help me find a color scheme for my engine bay... i found it! but you'll all have to wait to see what it is...I'm not gonna lie its gonna be pretty outlandish... i scoured 12 skyline related forums and only found one other skyline that did something similar... so it`ll be quite rare too.

On the list for winter will be:
- remove OEM boost sensor from firewall + plug vacuum line.
- remove OEM boost solenoid and plug vacuum lines
- remove all unnecessary vacuum lines and plug them at the source.
- powder coat for various engine bay parts
- purchase: ~700 cc injectors + blitz SBCr boost controller + Denso fuel pump + dyno tune in spring

As for recently, well last Friday a bunch of us in Canada held a meet, about 200 JDM cars strong. Needless to say we went and we filmed some pretty cool stuff. Now I won't post anything that's gonna give away too much so as to ruin the movie, but I will post some more teaser shots and photos:

This is the S14.5 USDM conversion with built RB26. Owned by the owner of Automotion shop here in MTL

Here's a Supra that was pretty wild again USDM for some reason lol:

And I'll just leave this here. It's a short video of the tunnel. The crazy stuff went down just as the video ended, but it`ll give you a feel for the massiveness of all this. Also... sooo sorry about all the annoying horns LOL

http://vimeo.com/16156083

Lastly, in the upcoming weeks, we'll be filming some of the last bits for the movie. A few highway runs with a few select cars. Mmmmm, excited!

archaeicbloke

This is from another GTR owner, but my car's in the shot. It's a good shot of our Skyline family (a few members are missing but we're all there in spirit).

So after the big meet, I had a bunch of people comment on the paint on my car. I've never been super impressed with it myself since it's the paint that came from Japan (I've never repainted it) it does look good in general, except for a few small imperfections. so I decided I would do the paint some justice and wax the car again. Here's some before photos:

Wax on!

Why does my exhaust always get a baked on crust like this? Anyone have a theory?

Wax coming off!

Ahhh, mmmmmm, fresh!

Really love the way the rims have a slight sparkle to them in the paint. Super fresh!

Polished the muffler too!

Of course I tidied up the engine bay a little. Today all I did in here other than clean was remove the OEM boost solenoid since its not needed anymore.

This is by far my favorite shot I've ever taken:

I gotta say, this summer has been so much fun to own this car. I love this car, such a good experience!!!!!

And just for fun, I tried to make a panorama shot of the interior. Sorry if this messes up your browser, on mine it just extended out past the forum walls lol. It all lined up inside, but when I looked out the front window I was in some sort of worm hole time space problem, heh.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”