Jack & Tire Changing tools - 2003 QX4

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
gdeal
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 4WD

So I bought a ten-year old Infiniti QX4 and found out I don't have a jack or the screw tool that lowers the chain that holds the spare underneath the vehicle. I need to find out what all I need. Where do these items normally get stored anyway? They are not in any of the cubby holes in the back. Besides a jack and that one tool is there anything else that I need? That chain is real rusty too. I hope spraying it with WD-40 will do the trick. On my Jeep the spare was on the back. Now that was easy.

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

The tools should be under the rear seat. Check for them first, if you don't have them I'll dig up part numbers for the lug wrench and spare tire lowering extension. The OEM scissor jack will likely be quite expensive new, it may be better to look at a junkyard for all of these tools in fact.

gdeal

Towncivilian wrote:The tools should be under the rear seat. Check for them first, if you don't have them I'll dig up part numbers for the lug wrench and spare tire lowering extension. The OEM scissor jack will likely be quite expensive new, it may be better to look at a junkyard for all of these tools in fact.
Found them! Thanks man.

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

I'm glad they're there. Check if you need to air up the spare, mine was at 4PSI when I started driving my Pathfinder.

gdeal

Towncivilian wrote:I'm glad they're there. Check if you need to air up the spare, mine was at 4PSI when I started driving my Pathfinder.
Wow.
Yeah I went to check the air and that's when I found out the ten-year old tire was cracking all over the sidewall.
The tread was perfect and never touched a road surface but the spare had to go.
Replaced the spare with a new one.
Thanks.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”