Issue with locking system on 2007 G35

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Mjolnir
Car: 2007 G35S 6MT Sedan

Hello,
I have a 2007 G35s sedan (with manual transmission) and it has developed a very strange issue with both the keyless and keyed locking system. First, the physical door lock (using the key removed from the fob) doesn't work at all when i turn it in the driver side door. The lock itself turns, but the door will not unlock.

The stranger and likely related issue is with the keyless entry system. When I go to unlock my car by either pressing the unlock button on the fob or pressing the button on either door handle or the trunk, nothing happens. However, if I press the fob unlock button for a certain amount of time the car will unlock, and from then on the car will unlock and lock perfectly normally using both the fob buttons and door handle buttons. The physical key in the driver side lock still doesn't do anything, however. If I go back to my car at a later time (not sure how long exactly, it seems to change) it will again have this issue and be unable to unlock immediately when I press the button.

The strangest part about this is that I can't find any pattern to when the car finally starts unlocking. I have walked all the way around the car constantly pressing the button and had it unlock at seemingly random times in random places relative to the car, so I doubt it is an antenna issue. Similarly, when the car lets me unlock it it works from the normal range of 30 or so feet away. I have two key fobs and they both have the exact same issue so I think it must be something wrong with the car and not the fobs. I also don't think it is a battery issue because the keys still work at range when they work. Once I get in the car the interior sensors detect it fine, and it never says that the key is not inside the vehicle.

Anyone have any ideas of what could cause this? Is it a computer issue?

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Mjolnir wrote:Hello,
I have a 2007 G35s sedan (with manual transmission) and it has developed a very strange issue with both the keyless and keyed locking system. First, the physical door lock (using the key removed from the fob) doesn't work at all when i turn it in the driver side door. The lock itself turns, but the door will not unlock.

The stranger and likely related issue is with the keyless entry system. When I go to unlock my car by either pressing the unlock button on the fob or pressing the button on either door handle or the trunk, nothing happens. However, if I press the fob unlock button for a certain amount of time the car will unlock, and from then on the car will unlock and lock perfectly normally using both the fob buttons and door handle buttons. The physical key in the driver side lock still doesn't do anything, however. If I go back to my car at a later time (not sure how long exactly, it seems to change) it will again have this issue and be unable to unlock immediately when I press the button.

The strangest part about this is that I can't find any pattern to when the car finally starts unlocking. I have walked all the way around the car constantly pressing the button and had it unlock at seemingly random times in random places relative to the car, so I doubt it is an antenna issue. Similarly, when the car lets me unlock it it works from the normal range of 30 or so feet away. I have two key fobs and they both have the exact same issue so I think it must be something wrong with the car and not the fobs. I also don't think it is a battery issue because the keys still work at range when they work. Once I get in the car the interior sensors detect it fine, and it never says that the key is not inside the vehicle.

Anyone have any ideas of what could cause this? Is it a computer issue?
Check out the FSM

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2 ... an/bcs.pdf

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”