Is it my clutch, clutch pedal, or master and slave cylinder?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
rx-7ames
Car: 06 G35 Coupe

I have a 2006 G35 coupe with manual transmission. I have only had the car for 1 month. It never happened when I test drove the car but after a few days I started noticing some problems with the clutch pedal. Sometimes the clutch pedal sticks a couple inches from the top. It mostly happens when I am driving the car hard, and sometimes the clutch sticks far enough down to have some serious clutch slipping. I have done a lot of research into this and I see it is a common problem with varying results. The first thing I did was change out the clutch fluid in the reservoir several times to until the fluid was clear. This did not change anything so I bled the entire system using the slave cylinder bleed valve. This didn't improve the clutch's reluctance to always return to the top either. I have read several posts on adjusting the clutch but they are all pretty confusing to me. I'm also not sure that this will solve my problems. Now I am just wondering what I should try next. I don't know if I should replace the slave and master cylinder next, or if I should go straight to a pedal upgrade and try out the RJM performance pedal. To me, it really feels like the problem is in my pedal, but I really don't know for sure. The car is all stock, and I am not interested in adding a ton of modifications. I would appreciate any advice on what to change out next. I don't want to spend $100 on a clutch slave and master cylinder if I might be able to fix my problem with a $250 clutch pedal upgrade. Thanks in advance for any advice.

rx-7ames
Car: 06 G35 Coupe

I am leaning towards replacing the clutch slave and master cylinders. This isn't really that expensive and should be pretty easy to do. Also thinking about getting a stainless steel line since I'll already be in there, and that might help with an aftermarket clutch if I end up having to go as far to changing the clutch and flywheel. Anyway, I'm looking at these parts:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/perf ... 10176385-P
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/perf ... 10088793-P

They are both pretty inexpensive. Is that ok? Would I be ok going with a cheaper brand or does more expensive mean better? I have never been concerned with that before. Thanks again.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

One of the master techs I know had one of these a few months ago. Think he ended up replacing the clutch pedal assembly to solve the problem.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”