is it just me, or alot of people getting into accidents?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Neo Xian Wu
Car: 08 Nissan Versa S Hatchback 6spd

Myself included, unfortunately. I was on the highway, heading home from work, when this teenager runs into the back of me. He was riding on the shoulder (for whatever reason), and nails my rear bumper. At first i thought he was going to pull away, because he didn't stop immediately, but I made sure I stayed with him and pulled in front of him. After cussing him out, (I think it was justified, personally.) he called his father, who happened to be an agent for my insurance company, and filed a claim. He offer to do it out of pocket, but yeah... I'd rather not have that verbal agreement come back to bite me when he doesn't pay up. The damage isn't too bad, I guess, but still upset that someone damaged my baby. Did anyone find out if you can get them to put the Sport package bumper on as a replacement?

Here are the pics I took. Sorry for the camera phone quality...

powergrip
Car: 2008 Versa SL

Good call on putting in a claim. It's always better to be safe then sorry.

kcourtad
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

should have gottin somthing on paper too !!! that helps just in case you have to go to court...

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Versas are damage magnets.

I've had *3* rock chips in my windshield in the past 5 weeks.

And how many of us have been hit lately? 3 or 4?

tyler_ofspain
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S

Man i'm sorry to hear that everyone is getting in accidents! I hate to see a messed up V. Luckily i'm dent/scratch free "knock on wood"

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

tyler_ofspain wrote:Man i'm sorry to hear that everyone is getting in accidents! I hate to see a messed up V. Luckily i'm dent/scratch free "knock on wood"
im with you. i have some paint chips, but if thats the worst so far, im more than happy... glad to see your ok.... should have given that kid a nice back hand... its people like that that give us teenagers a bad name.

tyler_ofspain
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S

xtwoonamatchx wrote:
im with you. i have some paint chips, but if thats the worst so far, im more than happy... glad to see your ok.... should have given that kid a nice back hand... its people like that that give us teenagers a bad name.
hahahahahahahahahaha i totally agree a nice back hand is always the best answer

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

funny you guys should mention accidents, i almost got into one like the second week i had my v.... so lucky i didnt ..... knock on wood

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Mine from 2 days ago. Parking lot + lady not looking where she was backing up. I did see her in time to floor it so she hit my bumper instead of my door or fender. $250 worth, getting fixed Tuesday. Just had this corner repaired 3 months ago.

Sorry for cell phone pics.

Neo Xian Wu

xtwoonamatchx wrote:should have given that kid a nice back hand... its people like that that give us teenagers a bad name.
Believe me, I wanted to lol. I think he was a little shaken up already, though. Probably his first accident. I'm sure his dad gave him a backhand for me though...

jfjessejf
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

any damage to his???? I think we should get in a habit of using our cell cams to get photos of the other guy too....

Vahagn23
Car: NIssan Versa S

I came close to beign hit 3 or 4 times so far. One was on the highway some d!ck slammed his breaks ona big *** SUV for no reason it was a clear road. Others because people love to switch their lanes on to me at all times. I think the V is an accident magnet, everytime someone has to get into my lane

Juelze
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360 AWD

Ever Victorious wrote:Versas are damage magnets.

I've had *3* rock chips in my windshield in the past 5 weeks.

And how many of us have been hit lately? 3 or 4?
I had my car hit last year while I was eating at a restaurant. Unfortunately, the restaurant is in an old cellar, so there wasn't any patrons who witnessed the accident. The person who hit my car was nice enough to flee the scene, leaving me with a $500 deductible. They did $3500 worth of damage to my V.

powergrip

Not that i wanted to be part of this trend.

frankoV
Car: 2008 SL Sedan, Magnetic Grey, CVT

What did you drive under?

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

there shouldn't be an appreciable price difference between the two... should just be a part number difference... (stock vs. sport bumper)

Neo Xian Wu

jfjessejf wrote:any damage to his???? I think we should get in a habit of using our cell cams to get photos of the other guy too....
Lower corner of his front bumper was dented pretty good. It was a 02 or 03 Maxima. His car was actually white, despite the black marks at area that was damaged.

Versagirlie
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8SL CVT Hatchback

i think mine beats all yours since it was totaled from this...

powergrip

Geez versagirlie, that's brutal. I hope ur ok at least

Neo Xian Wu

Going in the shop Tuesday, and getting a rental car.

bladesbravo
Car: Nissan Versa '08 SL

I've had about 4 or 5 really close calls on my Versa, stupid soccer moms on their phones trying to cut me off in the parking lots so they can get the first spot in front of old navy, and i had no intention of parking there. After honking my horn, i finally got in front of her and stalled out about 3 times

Ever Victorious

bladesbravo wrote:I've had about 4 or 5 really close calls on my Versa, stupid soccer moms on their phones trying to cut me off in the parking lots so they can get the first spot in front of old navy, and i had no intention of parking there. After honking my horn, i finally got in front of her and stalled out about 3 times
Where I drive a lot, I get lots of aggressive soccer moms in BMWs and Lexuses that think they own the road. I know it pisses them off to no end when, on a 2-lane freeway, I pull side-by-side with a delivery truck and match speed with it so they can't blow past at 80.

Some days i wish I were a state trooper, but that's just the sadist in me.

Neo Xian Wu

Ever Victorious wrote:Some days i wish I were a state trooper, but that's just the sadist in me.
Ain't it the truth, though.

faction
Car: Versa

I just wish I could borrow my cop-friend's Taser for a few days.

A little electro-shock therapy applied via me would do some people some good. It would make me feel better anyway.

TheRussianBull
Car: Nissan Versa 07

Tell me about it, i was driving down a block and saw the rims i ordered on another car, stomped on the breaks, and began reversing, and my friend in his corolla started to pass me on the left, i thought he was already through and i ended up reversing into his rear side with mine

Ever Victorious

TheRussianBull wrote:Tell me about it, i was driving down a block and saw the rims i ordered on another car, stomped on the breaks, and began reversing, and my friend in his corolla started to pass me on the left, i thought he was already through and i ended up reversing into his rear side with mine
WTF were you doing driving backwards down a road? That's not your friend's fault, it's yours.

ZuZ
Car: Nissan Tiida S 1.6 2008

the thing a man would do for rims!! *sigh*

Ever Victorious

ZuZ wrote:the thing a man would do for rims!! *sigh*
You don't know the half of it.

TheRussianBull
Car: Nissan Versa 07

Ever Victorious wrote:
WTF were you doing driving backwards down a road? That's not your friend's fault, it's yours.
i was driving backwards cus i saw hot rims, same goes for the girlies lol

Return to “Versa General Chat”