IPDM engine fuse Map/Diagram versa

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Geoversa
Car: nissan versa s

Hi I've run into the usual IPDM problem were a relay won't turn on my highbeam. I know were the IPDM is and can remove it but I cannot find here , or in any manual a diagram indicating the relays what they are for, or what other functions are on the IPDM.

Does anyone have a diagram / map of the IPDM for versa model nissan 2008 etc that can post it here for all of us?

Also were can you buy the Relays that go into the IPDM versa ?

many thanks

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

I have a diagram of the wiring system, bu can't show you. Sorry. :(

You might just try your local dealer or an online OEM parts source for relays.

Francesco

In this website find the LT.pdf file which is the lighting section for the Versa service manuals. Go to page 6 and you should see that each high beam bulb has its own fuse and relay and there is one relay and two fuses for the low beams. Are you sure it is the relay rather than the fuse since the high beams have their own fuse and relay.

Good luck,
Frank 2009 Versa S sedan with MT-6

Geoversa

HI my local lbrary permits me access to a professional automotive library that has the wiring pdf in it so I've got that one .... shhhh don't tell anyone :crazy:

The sdealer prices are very hi ........... a bit too high my high beam works intermitetly which seems to mean a relay rather than an all or nothing fuse....

here is a pic of my ipdm taken by me so I own the copy write hahah go ahead and copy it if you must

Nissan versa 2008 ipdm er

and using mine own eyes as Darrth Vader says

here are the realys on my relay map... does this make sense to anyone ?

are ipdm interchangeable like sentra and versa and Titan ? :confused:

Francesco

It appears they are plug in relays which would allow you to swap the 2 high beam relays and see if the problem changes sides which then confirms that it is a relay problem.

Frank

Geoversa

ok sounds good , emmm which 2 are the high beam relays?

Francesco

I suspect that the relays are soldered in. Check service bulletin NTB09-036 which has the following warnings;

NEVER REMOVE relays from an IPDM.

These “relays” are NEVER to be
removed

These “relays” may have markings
indicating they are similar. They are not
“swappable

If there is no core trade-in then one has nothing to lose by attempting to swap or repair the relays if you have the right soldering and de-soldering tools.

Fuse 35 is for the left headlight
Fuse 34 is for the right headlight
Term 55 with the green wire is for the left headlight
Term 56 with the yellow wire is for the left headlight

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan with 16150 miles and 33.8 MPG overall for all these miles.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”