Intelligent Key(s) not working

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jbaptista
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45

I just purchased a 2007 M45 and already love the car. The only problem is both Intelligent keys do not work when I push the lock, unlock, panic or trunk button. Can they be charged? If so, how? or do I need to buy new keys? Thanks.

Joe

jbaptista

Welcome to NICO! :wavey:

Try replacing the battery inside the key fob; if that doesn't work, then a purchasing replacement key fobs will be necessary.
Is there a trick to opening the key fob to replace the battery?

jbaptista

Remove the key from the key fob, then look for a little slot under where the removed key opening was. Slip a butter knife/pen/etc. into that slot and push up, that will open the fob.
Thanks, that worked!

jbaptista

No problem. I wanted to also add that you could try having the key fob's re-programmed at an Infiniti or Nissan Dealership before purchasing an entire replacement key fob. The re-programming will only work if the key fob's aren't broken.

If the re-programming works - It'll be ALOT cheaper than purchasing new fobs and may even be covered under warranty at the Infiniti dealership if you can prove that the issue was caused by defect.
Thanks, I just bought new batteries and both fobs work.

gbridger
Car: 92 M30C; 02 QX4; 03 M45
former owner 94 J30; 96 J30

Another tip for folks with Key Fob issues, or needing another one...

Purchase replacements (carefully) on Ebay. You still have only one choice on the programming -- the Dealer, who will need to reprogram all at one time, and will charge an hour or two of labor.

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

gbridger wrote:Another tip for folks with Key Fob issues, or needing another one...

Purchase replacements (carefully) on Ebay. You still have only one choice on the programming -- the Dealer, who will need to reprogram all at one time, and will charge an hour or two of labor.
also make sure the FCC #'s are all the same on the new ones as your original fobs-otherwise won't program correctly :cry: Oh, my Nissan dealer charged me $40.00 for two programed, 2 years ago...

relentless1
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2006 Lexus GS300
2015 Infiniti QX80

Question: I replaced both batteries on both my keyfobs last night and after I replaced them, I walked outside and was able to unlock and lock my car by the door button. This morning when I shut the engine off, the dash indicated NO KEY and beeped really fast. Do I need to have it re-programmed?

relentless1
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2006 Lexus GS300
2015 Infiniti QX80

infiniti_lineup: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 3 failed attempts on step 2, I was able to do it! Now the car doesn't beep fast.

What's weird is that I was still able to unlock and start the engine. Either way, my problem is fixed! Thanks again!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Oi !!

both of my smart keys have been working perfectly since forever, batteries have always been replaced when needed with no loss of recognition by the car.
However, this morning I pushed the door button to unlock - nothing! I actually took the key from my pocket and pushed the 'un lock' button - nothing! No response from the car when I push any buttons on the key. SO, I figured the key battery must be dead.
I got my girlfriend's key which she used last night with no trouble, and .... nothing!

It's like the car does not reconize either key although both keys worked fine yesterday!

If I use the valet key to open the door and insert either key into the little dash slot, everything works fine.

Anyone have any idea what to check? Is it even possible that BOTH key's batteries would die the same day?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”