Intelligent cruise control

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
tarascarlet

Just purchased a 2005 q45 with premium package with 57000 miles on it. On the way home from picking it up at the dealer we noticed the cruise was not picking up the car in front of us. Is there anyway to reset the cruise?

Dachristianman
Car: 2002 Q-45

Are you getting an error message? Also, what are the lights on your dash doing? My intelligent cruise doesn't work, but I get a "contact your dealer" on the center display when I try to engage it. What are you seeing?

Tom

tarascarlet

The cruise works but it just doesn't recognize the car in front of it because it just keeps going the same speed and doesn't do the breaking action. No messages

Dachristianman

My guess is that someone has disconnected your IR controller up under the front bumper. Those things go bad and they're about $1200-$1500 new. Someone on this site once told me that you can disconnect the unit at the plug and the cruise will still work, but it just won't be intelligent.

I'd be interested to know if yours is disconnected.

Tom

Dachristianman

So while under my car the other day, I disconnected the front sensor since my adaptive cruise wasn't working either, and even after disconnecting it, it still doesn't work. I'm not sure who on this site said that you could disconnect the sensor and the cruise would work like a normal, non-intelligent cruise control sytem, but it's not the case for me. Mine still gives me the same error. Maybe I'm suppose to reset it or something, but as of now my cruise still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Tom

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”