Installed the "Missing Link" aka control arm brace

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
miamiheat3332
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE - 2006 BMW X5 4.8is - 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport

Ok, so about a week and 2-3 days ago i ordered the "missing link" from jackson autosport in canada. He was great to deal with , and gave me fast replies to any questions i had in terms of shipping and stuff. I paid a total of 40$ for the bar and an extra 15$ for shipping to the states, its an inexpensive item that DOES help.

I got the bar 2 days ago in the mail and got some time to install it today and take a test drive.

First the install pictures, it took me about ~30 min, including lifting up my car on both sides in the front, and working at a slow pace. Install is easy, if you know how to remove 2 bolts, and put them back in, this is how simple it is.

Here it is not installed:

The bar itself is installed between these 2 bolts:

And here it is all installed:

I did not have any antisieze left so i just put some high temp grease on the bolts which works fine, i have used it on other underbody screws/bolts.

Torque them back to 97-108 ft lbs, take a test drive, check to make sure they are torqued again.

and onto the results, i have a drop as most of you know, many people dont believe how well this tank of an SUV handles until i actually take them for a ride in it.

Before on the highway my steering wheel would shake a little bit back and forth while driving on the highway if you let it go, now there is no shake, and it doesnt budge, the steering feels more like it is on rails and goes where you want it to go, not to light nor to hard, just perfect. I also notice when i drove over uneven surfaces on the roads that i would get shake side to side, which i didnt mind considering im dropped and these springs are a little harsh, but i dont mind it. Now that shake is gone, you only get like a forward and backwards shake which is normal anyways. Also when you brake it feels more stiff and definetly more planted. I did take it through some curves which i remembered the speeds i usually took them pretty hard with, and now those speeds feel like less and i can go faster on them and it feels the same way as it did at the lower speed i pushed it before.

So the path handled like it was on rails already, now even more so,

All in all i give it a good investment, its only like $55 wont kill you to buy one, easy to install, and you can tell the difference, gets a 10/10 from me.

Rate/Comment/Questions etc.

:bigthumb:

Innovazn
Car: Yellow 1998 Nissan R34 Skyline RB25DET 5 MT - Current

White 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SR 6MT - Salvage (T-Boned at left turn)

White 2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE - SOLD (blew the engine)

i put mine in about 3 weeks ago along with my exhaust... to be honest i didnt feel much of a difference. of course it doesnt help worth squat if your suspension is shot to hell (original with 214k.)

miamiheat3332
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE - 2006 BMW X5 4.8is - 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport

Yeaaah man , i replaced mine around like mid 90k's let alone driving another 100k on my stock one i think thats overkill. You should get it changed out

rydebynite
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5l V-6

Innovazn wrote:i put mine in about 3 weeks ago along with my exhaust... to be honest i didnt feel much of a difference. of course it doesnt help worth squat if your suspension is shot to hell (original with 214k.)
where did you get yours from or do you have the exact same thing? i been looking online and ebay and i cannot find anyone that carries this part :confused:

SimpleSolution
Car: 2001 Inifiniti Qx4

It doesnt make THAT big of a difference. It did seem to help with my body roll, but dont expect it feel like its on rails like the op imagined, its still a top heavy 2+ ton suv

http://jacsport.com/

miamiheat3332

Simple i said it helps it feel more like and im not imagining, also the path is lowered and you would be surprised at the handling of this suv, ive left many cars behind on windy back roads. I never meant the bar made it feel like its on rails i only said it added to that feeling

Innovazn

miamiheat3332 wrote:Yeaaah man , i replaced mine around like mid 90k's let alone driving another 100k on my stock one i think thats overkill. You should get it changed out
1 thing at a time... 1 thing at a time...... hopefully by the end of the year the truck will be riding new shocks and what not.

miamiheat3332

Sounds like a plan hah

Innovazn

all iknow is im getting new struts and shocks.... i dont know if i should put in new springs or not (ended up scoring some free OEM used springs used for just about 110k) and still wondering if is hould do the bushings... all in all its another 1k job..

miamiheat3332

if you got springs that have 110k on them i dont think its worth it, get new springs. My suspension job cost me around 1.1k, kyb gr-2 struts, kyb gas adjust shocks, then new bolts and also the spring rubber that the spring is pushed on at the top of the strut, along with some bearings and stuff that go up there too.

vq35
Car: 2001 path se manual

Hey man, I do not understand some people dude. You have done a wicked job on the pathy and I plan on following in your footsteps albeit a lil less stiff but overall the same. Some people unfortunately get easily threatened when someone new or a new idea comes along and react in the most childish manner. Who the FFFFFF cares if you said it handled the way you 'felt' it handled or not - its your ride and we are supposed to share INFORMATION here and NOT stupid opinions UNLESS it is positive and supportive - otherwise go 'belong' SOMEWHERE ELSE and get all pissy when something 'new' comes along. I mean WTF...........

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”