Infiniti m35 recall notice

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
metalrocke
Car: Infiniti M35x

Well it looks like it is real, I just received a notice in the mail saying there is an accelerator pedal sensor issue that may cause the vehicle to slow down (limp home mode) or fail which could cause an accident which of course is against National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

What it says to do:
Infiniti is currently developing the remedy to address this issue. Later this fall, Infiniti will send you a second letter asking you to bring your vehicle to an Infiniti retailer.

So a lot of you guys should be getting this recall letter soon.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

metalrocke wrote:So a lot of you guys should be getting this recall letter soon.
yep, got mine yesterday... :tisk:

i wonder how long it will take to replace.

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

i got nothing still and i haven't use the dealer to do any work on the car since i bought it. i wonder if Infiniti knows I have a M35x :frown:

TXT
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

cruzad3r wrote:i got nothing still and i haven't use the dealer to do any work on the car since i bought it. i wonder if Infiniti knows I have a M35x :frown:
I was thinking the same thing. I go to the dealership all the time, but how does Infiniti actually know I have this car? I haven't registered anywhere.

metalrocke
Car: Infiniti M35x

It being a sensor, I don't think it will take a while .. The only thing that worries me is we are talking 100k Infiniti's.. meaning they will be packed so we will see how that will turn out.

I don't think I would worry guys because I too have never serviced my car at Infiniti and also I just bought the car 6 months ago so I was thinking they would never find me but they did. From what I understand from the letter they have a list of all the affected vehicles "VIN" numbers and there going by that so just be patient you should get something in the mail unless you're car is not affected but I believe its 90%+ M's that are affected.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Anyone know of a searchable database to check if recall pertains to your vehicle?

I haven't received anything from Infiniti or Nissan other than their tradeup offers.

jwheaton
Car: 2006 M35x

I haven't received anything either. The dealer would have to perform this (at their cost) if I brought it in to them though, right?

Partysan7
Car: 2008 M35

I received the letter today with my vin in it.

flex128
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

if you didn't buy your car from an infiniti dealer you should call Consumer Affairs Team are reachable by phone at 800.662.6200 option 7.and give them your information i just had to do that since i bought mine used and not at infiniti they had no idea i was the current owner

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I got my letter today and I didn't buy my M from an Infiniti dealer, but I do have it serviced at the dealer from time to time. I called my service guy at the dealership and he told me they haven't been told of any specific date when the services will begin, but they have been receiving automatic shipments from Japan to build up their stock.

Chrisfrend

I experienced this failure early last August. The car started with some intermittent hesitation a few days before and then almost died during a short drive. It felt like it was running out of gas, except it would briefly recover very weakly, and then almost stall out again a few seconds later. This was very unexpected and quite dangerous even in a suburban setting. It was covered under an extended warranty and fixed in two days. I was surprised given the overall reliability of the car, and relieved to see the recall notice. I was concerned about a
potentially more complicated set of issues related to the stability control system recurring. Before the failure occurred, the stability control and limited slip lights would go on for no reason, and stay on. After restarting they would go off. When the failure occurred a few days later, these lights and the check engine light stayed on. I had to leave town the next day for a trip and came back three weeks later. The car started fine, the lights were off except for the check engine light, and I made it 3 miles to the dealer for the repair. There was at
least one stored code.
Last edited by Chrisfrend on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

bejjutsu
Car: M35X ('06)

two threads?

gmoney35s
Car: 2007 M35S

I got my notice last week and I'm supposed to take my car in at the end of next week is there anything else I should do with this ???

Jagpaw83
Car: M35

WHolly s***

rics8
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35x

they will have the parts out on dec 1st, takes about 1 hour

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

for those with an engine tune by Uprev, they advised to have your tuner remove the tune to return the ECU to stock, then get the recall issue handled, and lastly have your tuner re-flash the tune back onto the ECU....

I wonder if the Dealer really has to update the ECU after the fix....? I'd rather not have to go through the issue of removing my tune, then getting it put back on....

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

UPDATE FROM THE DEALER:

I had the black beast in for an intense inspection as I'm taking Fetucini to NY for "you lot killed the indians and stole their land day' ... OOPS! I meant to say "Thanksgiving".

I asked the service manger for an update. He told me that although they have been recieving automatic shipments of parts to handle the recall, they are still waiting for corporate to finish its final list of cars involved. According to the info he had, seems that even if your M is one listed for the recall, there are 3-4 different brands with different ID numbers used for the Ms - based on where the car was assembled, what date it was installed, etc. He said only ONE of the 3-4 installed brands is being recalled. So .... after coprorate finishes weeding out al the Ms with the bad part, they will receive the final list and start notifying owners to bring the car in. That means even if you got a letter, your car may not need to be repaired.

BTW: after 81,000 miles (with maintanence kept up to date) they couldn't find one bloody thing wrong with the car. Since they had to charge me for the inspection, they threw in a free oil / filter change.

scchuck
Car: 2006 M35x

I don't have an Infiniti dealer close by. Can a Nissan dealer do the recall?

Logan00
Car: 2008 Black M35x

Well for the second time in the last few weeks both my slip and vdc lights came on for no reason while I was driving, this time though the brake light came on as well, but went off after a few seconds. Just like the first time, once I turned the car off everything reset.

I hope they contact me to get this fixed soon just for the peace of mind.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

got my car back from South Bay Infiniti this evening....Recall issue repair completed!! they replaced the accelerator pedal sensor and did an update to the ECM. Initial thoughts...throttle response is night and day better... then drove to my tuner's shop and got my tune reflashed back onto the ECU.

Wow!!! much better...even though I had no issues, the new acceleration response is a lot better. I'm glad I got the recall issue handled.

If you guys are in southern cali - near LA or Long Beach, I suggest you go to South Bay Infiniti - ask for Mr. Kim Root - service advisor...he took care of everything -- recall fix, loaner car, complimentary car wash.....all good :dblthumb:

Toykoz32
Car: 1992 Nissan 300zx 2by2 tt
1992 Nissan 300zx slicktop tt
1990 Nissan 300zx tt
2008 M35s
2012 M37

CPJ LB wrote:got my car back from South Bay Infiniti this evening....Recall issue repair completed!! they replaced the accelerator pedal sensor and did an update to the ECM. Initial thoughts...throttle response is night and day better... then drove to my tuner's shop and got my tune reflashed back onto the ECU.

Wow!!! much better...even though I had no issues, the new acceleration response is a lot better. I'm glad I got the recall issue handled.

If you guys are in southern cali - near LA or Long Beach, I suggest you go to South Bay Infiniti - ask for Mr. Kim Root - service advisor...he took care of everything -- recall fix, loaner car, complimentary car wash.....all good :dblthumb:

Where you at Church Automotive on Tuesday?

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

Toykoz32 wrote:
CPJ LB wrote:got my car back from South Bay Infiniti this evening....Recall issue repair completed!! they replaced the accelerator pedal sensor and did an update to the ECM. Initial thoughts...throttle response is night and day better... then drove to my tuner's shop and got my tune reflashed back onto the ECU.

Where you at Church Automotive on Tuesday?
^ yes!!! Is this RJ? What up brotha!!! It's Anthony...
Church's took care of me.... Did your tune go well?

Toykoz32
Car: 1992 Nissan 300zx 2by2 tt
1992 Nissan 300zx slicktop tt
1990 Nissan 300zx tt
2008 M35s
2012 M37

Hey whats up man, yea this is RJ. My tune went good. Got 500rwhp @15psi, with a very conservative tune. At the same psi and 2 degrees of timing I would be around 560rwhp.

CPJ LB
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

Toykoz32 wrote:Hey whats up man, yea this is RJ. My tune went good. Got 500rwhp @15psi, with a very conservative tune. At the same psi and 2 degrees of timing I would be around 560rwhp.
Damn man!! Nice numbers...BTW, welcome to NICO!! You gotta start mod'n that M :biggrin:

I'm heading out of town today, but we should link up sometime and talk cars....I'm in the LBC.

stay up man!!

merlinq2
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

Anyone in Canada get the recall notice?

finikM35
Car: 2007 M35x tech package
5/16 plenum spacer, element 114 exhaust, ztube,k&n, grounding kit, uprev tuned, D2 coilovers.

Called Infiniti and i was told that i can just go to closest dealership and get recall taken care of.
Now question is which dealer should i go to? Most of them are terrible here in NYC area.
Any suggestions?

calidoso
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35x: 100% LED

Im going to a dealership here in NJ tomorrow. I haven't received a notice but just want to make sure it wont affect my vehicle.

Europeenne
Car: 2006 M45 Sport w/ Aero Kit, Journey + Tech Package

hey guys can anyone who had it done indeed confirm it takes about an hour?

have an appointment tomorrow, but am on a tight schedule, want to know if i should reschedule/cancel

calidoso
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35x: 100% LED

I have an appointment on tuesday and they told me it takes about 2 hrs to do.

DoN_BLaZe34
Car: 2007 M45 Sport - Sold
2006 FX45 - Traded
2014 Q70S 5.6 - Sold
2017 Q70L 5.6 - Current

Took the M in today for an oil change and they were able to take care of the recall issue as well.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”