Infiniti i30 BOSE Stereo 1996 Nothing lights up Power Antena does not go up

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
InfinitiPete
Car: 1996 Infiniti i30

Checked all the Fuses all are good , is there a relay or something , like I said in the heading nothing works at all or the power antena does not go up. Thanks in advance for your input.

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

It is not uncommon for the Bose units to have problems. You can try to find a replacement from a junk yard or buy an aftermarket system .

InfinitiPete

Thanks fo rthe info.

I figured since the antenna will not go up it should be something simple , there is no power at all , any other idea's before I buy a new unit?

Markc
Car: 2008 m35x
2005 infiniti G35

I would verify that there is power getting to the unit. If there is then your 99% sure that it has failed.

InfinitiPete

OK there is No Power getting to the Radio , the Power Antenna will not go up or the Radio will not light up either , is there a relay , Fuse or something that could have burned out? thanks for our help.

loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

Three fuses and one relay are involved for the Bose Radio and CD Player. Another fuse for the Antenna power.-Fuse #62 (15A) - located in the Fusible Link box, provides backup battery (always ON) to the head unit.-Fuse #22 (15A) - located in the Fuse Box, provides power to the audio components via the Audio Amp Relay.-Fuse #21 (10A) - located in the Fuse Box. provides power to the head unit when Ignition is in ACC/ON. When radio is turned ON, the head unit provides power to energize the Audio Amp Relay.-Audio Relay - located in the Relay Box, provides power to the speaker amplifiers.-Fuse #40 (7.5A) - located in the Fuse Box, provides power to the antenna when radio is turned ON (with Ignition in ACC/ON)

For repair and refurbishing of Bose/Clarion head units, try "carstereohelp.com." Aside from repairing Infiniti/Nissan audio system from Bose/Clarion, they also have instructions on how to remove the head unit (nominal fee)

http://www.carstereohelp.com/

You can also get help from VQpower.com

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/arti...d=119

InfinitiPete

Thanks for the Info. All fuses check out good.

rhetoric

my 1996 antenna was broken off, shoved back in the hole and sealed up. The radio still worked, but poorly. It only picked up really strong stations. Occasionally, too, I got no lights on the radio. I am assuming now the lights of the stereo were intermittent with the strength of the signal. Anyway, I replaced the mast (my motor was working just fine) and now the radio remains lit up (and I get lots of stations). I'm happy w/ my Bose system. Actually, what I'm happy with is a car that is so smooth and quiet that I can actually hear the radio when it's on. :-)

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”