INFINITI G37- LOW TIRE PRESSURE WARNING LIGHT

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
selina

INFINITI G37- LOW Tire pressure warning light

MY G37 HAVE THE LIGHT ON WHEN 9K SOME MILE,MY FRIEND NISSAN TITIAN HAVE THE LIGHT ON SINCE 9K SOME MILE TOO.MY ANOTHER FRIEND HAVE THE LIGHT ON IN ONE WEEK THEY TAKE FROM THE DEAILER SHOP.

THIS IS NISSAN AND INFINITI SYSTEM PROBLEM. ALMOST EVERY OWNER HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM/ I DO NOT WANT TO WAIST TIME THE GO THE DEALER FIXED IT.............BECAUSE NO BODY GET FIX COMPLETELY????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mark Linkous
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x

Hello,At least here, there does not seem to be too many problems with the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system). This is certainly not a Nissan/Infiniti problem. Tire pressure monitors are required on all passenger vehicles going forward. Have you possible put on aftermarket wheels? If so, make sure the sensors were attached. Also, cold weather seems to bring on problems as well.Good Luck, Less Caps Lock,ML

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

[QUOTE=selina]INFINITI G37- LOW Tire pressure warning light

MY G37 HAVE THE LIGHT ON WHEN 9K SOME MILE,

THIS IS NISSAN AND INFINITI SYSTEM PROBLEM. ALMOST EVERY OWNER HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM/ I DO NOT WANT TO WAIST TIME THE GO THE DEALER FIXED IT.............BECAUSE NO BODY GET FIX QUOTE]

selina

Check the pressure in all four tires when cold in the early morning. Make sure you have 35lbs in each tire.If the light doesn't go out after a day or two you have a defective sensor.I've had two replaced so far by the dealer under warranty.

Telcoman

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hey there, There are no serious documented issues with the TPMS systems that Infiniti has used since the 2002 Q45. The system will illuminate the the light on the combination meter when it detects a tire lower than ~28 psi. With temperature variance through out the day its pretty common that the light may come and go off once the vehicle. If the pressure is fluctuating around 30 psi. You could also have a nail in your tire/s causing a slow leak. The light will also come on if the tires are inflated over 40 psi. Once the weather starts getting a bit colder we see a flood of people coming in the set their tire pressures and clear the lights. If you keep the tires set between 32 and 35 you should not have a problem when the seasons change. Good luck.

OnTheRoadAgain
Car: 1991 Q45

HOW do those monitors actually work?

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:HOW do those monitors actually work?
There are four small battery operated sensors that are part of the valve stem. The sensor transmits a digital pressure signal to four corresponding receivers located in the wheel wells. The BCM translates and controls the illumination of the TPMS light. That's the short of it, it's a decent system and rarely have problems. The occasional sensor failure but that's not too bad. The G35,37 coupe and sedan, do not show the current pressure but the FX,Q45,QX56,M all have display capability. I don't know why that is.

OnTheRoadAgain
Car: 1991 Q45

SteveTheTech wrote:
There are four small battery operated sensors that are part of the valve stem. The sensor transmits a digital pressure signal to four corresponding receivers located in the wheel wells. The BCM translates and controls the illumination of the TPMS light. That's the short of it, it's a decent system and rarely have problems. The occasional sensor failure but that's not too bad. The G35,37 coupe and sedan, do not show the current pressure but the FX,Q45,QX56,M all have display capability. I don't know why that is.
INTERESTING! Thanks!

JohnFx
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

SteveTheTech wrote:
I have the same problem with my 2006 M35. Those ** readings and the flat tire light are always randomly coming. Is it possible that the batteries in the sensors are going out? If so can they be replaced or is it just cheaper to replace the whole valve stem? If I get new tires (I have only had it for a short while) do they transfer the sensor from the old tires or just install new ones?

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

JohnFx wrote:I have the same problem with my 2006 M35. Those ** readings and the flat tire light are always randomly coming.
Your tire sensors were probably not reset the last time the tires were rotated. The dealer is the only one that can correctly reset them and make the screen display the current pressures.
JohnFx wrote: Is it possible that the batteries in the sensors are going out?
Each tire monitor has an internal lithium ion battery that is designed to provide ten years of service.
JohnFx wrote:If so can they be replaced or is it just cheaper to replace the whole valve stem?
If replacement is required in most cases the system components are covered by warranty. Putting fix-a-flat in any tire with TPMS will void the warranty on the sensor.
JohnFx wrote:If I get new tires do they transfer the sensor from the old tires or just install new ones?
The TPMS unit inside the wheel is actually part of the valve stem. There is a small blue box mounted to the inside of the metal valve stem assembly that sends the signal to the receiver in the wheel well.

phil4watching
Car: 06 infiniti g35 coupe

This happened to me last year. It's just the sensors acting up to the change in weather. Or that's what the dealership said

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

Good info Steve!!!! I also wondered how they worked.

LuckyLuke
Car: G37s - HKS Exhaust - R2C Performance Intake

I bought the G37s new. A month later, the light is on. I got air to the tires, but the light still on. So now I don't care anymore. My bro said samething happened to his Honda too...

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

Be sure the pressure gauge you're using is accurate. I usually fill up my tires at gas stations because I don't have the space for a compressor at home. They can be off by quite a bit.

Also, be sure not to over inflate your tires either. Like Steve said, the light will come on when they go over 40 psi too.

hammertime
Car: 08 G37S 06 BMW M3

Have the same thing happening on G37 that's 1 month old, but the weather has dipped down in temp maybe that's the reason gettting ready to change wheels and tires and just will not re-install

trimmerman
Car: Infiniti G35X

Hello,

I have a 04' G35X. I consider these tire pressure monitors to be the single biggest problem with the car. Infiniti/Nissan get your act together. Do not leave us with this unsolvable problem. Sell the new part at a reasonable price and make it easily available. Infiniti/Nissan, You made this mess, you clean it up.

CrackaLackin
Car: 2005 G35 Sedan 3.5L Lakeshore Slate/Um... the tan/grey one

trimmerman wrote:Hello,

I have a 04' G35X. I consider these tire pressure monitors to be the single biggest problem with the car. Infiniti/Nissan get your act together. Do not leave us with this unsolvable problem. Sell the new part at a reasonable price and make it easily available. Infiniti/Nissan, You made this mess, you clean it up.
A light that comes on... my god, the humanity.

I had one go out, (replaced on warranty) and then later I had one save my butt from having a flat in a pretty sketchy part of town. I'd rather the things go off in error, than die silently and leave me SOL with a flat

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

25k miles, 1.5 years of ownership, not a single "problem". I've had the light come on twice in that time. Once because I had a nail in a tire and just the other day because all tires were at 31psi (guess it was colder temps) and it went away after putting them back to 35psi.

The tire shop I have used for the last 10+ years told me to never use aftermarket valve stem caps either as they have seen a ton of TPMS issues due to the stem metal and metal of aftermarket caps not playing nice and eventually "rotting out" the TPMS.

SeattleSophia
Car: 09 Infiniti G37x

I just got the light on my car. Initially, I thought there was something wrong with the tires. I have always taken my car to the dealership and it has never been handled by anyone else. I haven't modified the car in any way.

This happened 4 days after I last visited the dealership mechanics.

I'm glad I got a bit more info from this forum posting. I'll check the psi in the morning and exhaust all options on my end before giving my favorite service rep a call ;)

tohyatt
Car: G 37 Convertible

My G37 is only 8 months old and less than 5000 miles and the check tire pressure light has been on for 3 weeks. I took it to the dealership and they said that my tries were 30psi and they need to be 38 psi or the light comes on. So I ask, why were my tires low and they said that after about 2 months the tires naturally lose pessure...I have driven way cheeper cars and never had any problems! I have paid too much for this car and I don't expect to have to add air to my tires every 2 months! I thought that with such a good reputation, Infiniti would give me a car that I don't have to do anything to it every 2 months. This is such a small yet annoying issue! Several of my friends own Acuras and they do not have this problem...come on Infiniti, step your game up and give me a worry free car that I paid for!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

So, you blame the car because the tires are not holding air as you expect? Seems the tire monitor is actually doing its job and warning you of low pressure. Way cheaper cars usually don't have TPMS and let you wear out tires instead.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I've had my Infiniti for a few years now and before that a 2005 G coupe. They only wear out the tread fast. The low pressure light should go off when the psi is lower than 28, not 38psi.

Now if it's one tire that is losing pressure, than it may be an issue with the pressure sensor or valve stem. Maybe you rashed your rims and the tire isn't sealing properly? There could be many things wrong with the tire/rim to constantly lose pressure.

SoThrowedMex
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45 WV2 Silverstone Metallic Clearcoat on 235/30/ZR22

Dont mean to thread jack but i recently had a flat and the TPMS did its job. I was really impressed. Somehow I hit something and it split the side of my wall & i lost air pretty fast.

Changed the tire with a new tire everything was good til suddenly the light came back on saying "warning tire pressure" then has a picture and then below that says detailed information .

So when it came on I got scared cuz I was like oh no not again. Pulled over and everything was fine. Turned the car off then back on and it went away....only to come back intermittently every now and then. It's weird. SOme days its fine and doesnt come on while others it does. I dont know to believe it now or not. It kinda scares me cuz that 1 time i decide to ignore it i'll end up messing up my rims. Grr :mad:
Like the boy that cried wolf lmbo

2003 M45

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”