Infiniti disappointment

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
MattPasadyn
Car: Infiniti G35 sedan

I am the owner of a 2007 G35. Out of nowhere, my engine blew on the freeway at 60K miles. I have worked on cars my whole life and serviced this vehicle properly. The warranty on it is 6 years 70K and it gave out on the 7th year. They denied my case. I talked with a variety of representatives for a MONTH and got nowhere. I bought an Infiniti with the belief that this was a quality car...what a disappointment. Unbelievable how fixing (or not fixing) an engine for a longtime Nissan/Infiniti customer is more important than keeping my business and the business of every single person I know. Luckily I regained control when the engine gave out. Imagine if I didnt. Imagine if my wife and daughter were in the car. Despicable. Please contact me before you EVER think about buying a Nissan/Infiniti.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

MattPasadyn wrote:I am the owner of a 2007 G35. Out of nowhere, my engine blew on the freeway at 60K miles. I have worked on cars my whole life and serviced this vehicle properly. The warranty on it is 6 years 70K and it gave out on the 7th year. They denied my case. I talked with a variety of representatives for a MONTH and got nowhere. I bought an Infiniti with the belief that this was a quality car...what a disappointment. Unbelievable how fixing (or not fixing) an engine for a longtime Nissan/Infiniti customer is more important than keeping my business and the business of every single person I know. Luckily I regained control when the engine gave out. Imagine if I didnt. Imagine if my wife and daughter were in the car. Despicable. Please contact me before you EVER think about buying a Nissan/Infiniti.
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Very highly unusual for an Infiniti engine to blow.
I have a few questions:

Are you the original owner or did you purchase the vehicle used?
Prior to the engine problem when was the last time you checked your oil?
How many oil changes were done on your vehicle?
Were any of the oil changes performed at the dealer?
When was the previous oil change completed? How many miles on the vehicle since that last oil change?
Was it done at the dealer?
What if any modifications were done on your vehicle?

I put 171796 miles on my previous 06 G35. Did 53 oil changes on it. Still ran like new when traded in.
I'm at 42k on my current G37S and will probably purchase another.
Best vehicles I've ever owned

BTW the same thing happened to me with my 66 VW Beedle many years ago.
I had it towed to the dealer when my engine blew on the Grand Central Parkway
The VW dealer gave me $500.00 for it towards a brand new 69 VW that had a sticker price of $2050.00
So for $1500.00 I got a brand new 69 VW that I had until 1979 with well over 100k miles.
The only reason I sold it was the floorboard was rusting thru and I could see the roadway below.

Sell it as is or trade it in
Next year or the year after most vehicles will be WiFi connected.
I want one!

Telcoman

Warpkor
Car: 2005 G35 6MT

Sorry to hear about your experience. I think a little manufacturer good will would go a long way.

Years ago, I had a Ford Taurus and felt I was hornswaggled into buying the extended warranty. Something that I'd never done before or since. But after 3 transmissions, a blown head gasket, failed rack and pinion, radiator and then power steering pump, turns out the warranty was useful. Awful car, great warranty experience. My folks had purchased a Ford Windstar and bought the 5 year 60k mile extended warranty. Motor detonated on them in year 6 and 56k miles on it. No help at all from Ford. I think of all the cars my family has purchased since and they are 100% Nissan/Toyota/Honda. I would think if manufactures are looking for brand loyalty, they'd stand by a young motor that had proven proper maintenance.

larsG35
Car: '04 G35 6MT sedan

Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you. It is a shame that Infiniti didn't help you with your situation. I guess bad eggs can crop up anywhere and it really sucks when it's you. I've had a couple, but thankfully nothing as major as a car.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

larsG35 wrote:.... It is a shame that Infiniti didn't help you with your situation. .
I suspect there is a reason why?

Perhaps the dealer ran the VIN number and didn't like what the records of that vehicle showed?

We haven't heard the entire story.

Telcoman

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

You were out of the warranty period for powertrain if the vehicle is a '07 so it's not surprising they won't replace the motor. It's rare that a engine simply blows out of nowhere.

tjrob2000
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey sedan

As noted above, you were well out of the warranty period. Why would you expect any company to honor an expired warranty on any product? If you bought several cars a year from them they might work out something with you, but one car every few years? They aren't going to lose much business here and would lose more money than they might make from one customer. Simply business.

telcoman

Notice the OP made one single post and never returned to answer my questions.
I suspect abuse so as you stated why would a company do anything for a customer that abuses their product.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

It never ceases to amaze me when a person makes one post, complaining about an issue(s) with their vehicle, and/or the lackluster customer service they received from the dealership/manufacure. Then never makes any follow up posts, or provides clarification to the issue they presented. :rotfl

allenh318
Car: 2011 G25x

I have to agree with the above posts, I have had Nissans for 20 years and just last year bought my first Infiniti (used G25). I noticed a flickering clock light, called Mechanicsburg, Pa dealership to get it looked at. Thoroughly impressed with their customer service compared to Nissan dealerships I have dealt with before. Would love to hear back from the original poster to see if he did regular maintenance on the car, how often were the oil changes, and what kind of oil he used, and even driving habits. It all adds up to how long the car will last.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”