Importing skylines into Canada?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Papadirty
Car: 2003 honda accord V6 running 302whp

I'm looking for a car to top my current car, and I'm looking at going the skyline route. I might be wrong but as of right now it is legal to import R33 skylines up to a 1995 into canada correct? What companies are best for importing them? And how much am I looking at? Right now in my area there is a 1993 GT-R for sale, but I'd rather get a car I actually want then the first skyline for sale. Any info is great, thanks in advance.

johnny johnny

That's correct...anything over 15yrs old is fair game. Unfortunately, if you're in Quebec you're out of luck, since you can't import a RHD car there any more. Otherwise, there are quite a few good importers, or you can do it yourself if you want to save some coin. Your best bet is to drop by www.gtrcanada.com and check out all the vendors and ask members for their opinions. Also, there's usually quite a few cars for sale listed on the site, along with Autotrader.ca and Kijiji.

mr.william
Car: Nissan Gloria X2

What province are you located in ? PM me and i can point you in the right places.

Papadirty

I'm in Newfoundland

Papadirty

But with that said I'm willing to go anywhere in NS NB or NFLD to pick the car up

mr.william
Car: Nissan Gloria X2

I sent you a private message just now.

Papadirty

Ok here is another question, in canada are the RB26DETT motors not allowed? If I get a skyline will I have to change motors? I noticed your sticky is only for US, not Canada. I'd really like to find one already imported secondhand, but importing one myself is the smarter option I think.

SkylineKiller
Car: 1994 Honda Civic

Don't Buy a Skyline they are slow as hell. I have a 1994 Honda civic with a Mildly built D16z6, Im putting down close to 150whp. Anyway I was going down the freeway late at night and this f***** in a skyline gtr put his flashers on, so i pulled up next to him and honked my horn. I started getting on it and we were nose to nose but suddenly vtec cracked and i was gone, i pulled on him so hard he probably s*** his Huggies. So dont buy a piece of s*** Skyline and man up and buy a civic.

Mitchum
Car: 2000 Dodge Dakota
1995 240SX

make an account just because you raced a skyline? most likely a GT-S with an GTR body...too many of those running around up here in Canada...

Yes it is legal for your GTR in Canada to have an RB26. All(unless a freak accident happened...) GTR's have an RB26

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

SkylineKiller wrote:Don't Buy a Skyline they are slow as hell. I have a 1994 Honda civic with a Mildly built D16z6, Im putting down close to 150whp. Anyway I was going down the freeway late at night and this f***** in a skyline gtr put his flashers on, so i pulled up next to him and honked my horn. I started getting on it and we were nose to nose but suddenly vtec cracked and i was gone, i pulled on him so hard he probably s*** his Huggies. So dont buy a piece of s*** Skyline and man up and buy a civic.
Aside from hearing Fergie sing and Christina Aguilera messing up the US national anthem last night, this has to be the funniest thing I head today...but the day is young :lolling:

RB26DETT vs D16z6 I'm not even going to logically and physically prove that you are so wrong :facepalm:

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

SkylineKiller wrote:Don't Buy a Skyline they are slow as hell. I have a 1994 Honda civic with a Mildly built D16z6, Im putting down close to 150whp. Anyway I was going down the freeway late at night and this f***** in a skyline gtr put his flashers on, so i pulled up next to him and honked my horn. I started getting on it and we were nose to nose but suddenly vtec cracked and i was gone, i pulled on him so hard he probably s*** his Huggies. So dont buy a piece of s*** Skyline and man up and buy a civic.

I'd be willing to bet my title of ownership of my R33 GT-R that I could destroy you, starting off in 2nd gear and have you beat before you even got to the top end of 3rd gear.

150 whp...i've got that in 3 cylinders. LOL

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”