iJDMTOY/Motormax 18W fog light install

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

Ok so my passenger side fog light took a hit and busted the lens. It still worked but it needed to be replaced, so I decided to give these a try:

I found them on Ebay for $60, free shipping...not from Motormax but from a guy who bought them and never got around to installing them. They are glass lens, 6 LED fogs and a LED halo ring with black and red wires which I wanted to tie into the side marker lights so that they come on separately from the main fogs. I removed the tires and fender liners so that I could access the side marker light wires. These lights are made to swap directly using the OEM mounting screws...pretty much a piece of cake. Pop the chrome bezel loose by releasing the tabs and remove the one screw holding the light and both pieces simply pull out the front:

Oh yeah the passenger side is a PITA because the windshield washer fluid reservoir is right behind the light. You'll need a really short stubby phillips head screwdriver. You can also see where I connected the halo wires to the side marker wires:

Then I tapped into the side marker light wires and connected the white (side marker light) to the black (fog light) and the green (side marker light) to the red (fog light) so that the halo lights come on with the parking lights/headlights...yeah I just used wires that I had lying around so the colors don't match:

Still light outside but here's an idea of what the halo lights look like by themselves. The halos stay on when the main fogs come on:

Ebay site (Motormax) for a better description: http://www.ebay.com/itm/18W-High-Power- ... 2495501119

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Cool. Hopefully they don't fail on you in a week. iJDMToy is garbage generally speaking...I had to repair their lights myself (and they've been running without a hiccup ever since) - find my thread on them lol. Wishing you the best because changing the fogs is an absolute PITA, IMO. Way too much work for what should be a 5 minute job like on old 90's cars.

armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

Ilya wrote:Cool. Hopefully they don't fail on you in a week. iJDMToy is garbage generally speaking...I had to repair their lights myself (and they've been running without a hiccup ever since) - find my thread on them lol. Wishing you the best because changing the fogs is an absolute PITA, IMO. Way too much work for what should be a 5 minute job like on old 90's cars.
Yeah I read your thread, as well as looking at the reviews online at Amazon and Ebay. I know some folks had bad luck with them as well as the company. I bough these from an individual so I guess we'll see how it goes. This style seems to be made well, solid and the fit was spot on. Thanks for your feedback!

ssmrico
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37S

i was looking at these the other day looks nice

DubXSY51
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37X S (Y51), former owner of 2006 M35 (Y50)with tech package, 2002 Maxima, 2000 Maxima

Regardless of the fogs quality...great install pics, nice write up! :dblthumb: This looks to be an easy mod, for me anyways.

MY2J
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37

Nice DIY! I've been running iJDMToy LEDs all around for a bit over a year now... no issues at all

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

MY2J wrote:Nice DIY! I've been running iJDMToy LEDs all around for a bit over a year now... no issues at all
Mine are rock solid now, not even a flicker...problem is I had to solder that crap myself even after I shipped them to iJDMToy to get fixed.

WHEN it works, it's a great product.

Also, adding this to the FAQ. Forgot to do it earlier.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”