I30 transmission cooler

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
twodb
Car: '99 Infiniti I30 Limited

I have a '99 I30 Limited w/ a little over 38,000 original miles (engine and ATF) and live in Dallas, TX. Did a pan drop/filter replacement and refill w/syn ATF @ 10,000 miles. I'm about to take it in for a full fluid exchange w/ Mobil 1 ATF. I plan to also install an aftermarket ATF cooler. The B&M looks good. I've seen reference to the 70264 (and 70268) and wondered if it'll fit in the I30. The size is 11"x6"x1-1/2". Does anyone have any ideas on installation location and/or tips? Is another model/brand better for the I30? The aforemention part # seems to come up regarding the Q45. I haven't found any posts re: the I30. Also, should I do another ATF filter replacement before the exchange, just after, wait about 10k, or not at all? Last question: do I need any additives to the Mobil 1? Thanks for all your help...

David

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Can't help you much, but I would recommend replacing the fluid within a short time of installing the tranny cooler to make sure you did not get any unnecessary substances in fluid during install. Would probably be wise to redo the filter at that time "just in case".

BLACK2000MAXIMA
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima GXE

Wow I feel bad posting here since this thread is so old but here goes anyways.

The B&M trans fluid cooler is a great piece. Im currently using a B&M 6X9 trans fluid cooler on my maxima,I had to add this to my set up when I got my transmission bulletproofed and a stage 3++ VB mod,due to the increased heat the VB mod makes.Installation location is ON THE RADIATOR. It comes with "zip ties" that hold it to the radiator securely. Positioning is up to you... The I30/Maxima are the same car so all components pretty much mix & match,so dont worry about what size or part # shows up its basically all the same. Buy it,install it & be !!

Heres a pic of mine and how its positioned>

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”