I need advice from my g35 friends, I got ROBBED

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
ddemier7
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe with 75,000 miles and a saturn ion

I know this post should be issued in another discussion forum, however I would like the advice from only my fellow G35 friends.

My long term friend and I were outside drinking on memorial day late in the evning. Prior to this situation I had told my friend not to invite strangers over when we were out on the patio drinking because I live in low income apartments. That perticular evning my friend invited random strangers over that were on the property, the strangers stayed over for a while and asked to use my restroom. The strangers used my restroom one at a time then came back out to drink. My friend crashed on my couch that night only to wake me up at 10:00 am to tell me his hand gun was missing. I later noticed my new laptop, wrist watch , jacket and my expensive calogne selection was missing.

Im pissed :mad: at my buddy for not listining to me, he is a good old country boy that likes to talk to anybody. I tried to tell him that this is the city! and ppl will steal from you. I feel he went outside the scope of authority after I specifically told him not to invite strangers over because this is low income territory and I have really nice stuff. Im just living in these apartments untill I finish my college degree, however I dont blame my buddy 100% for the theft because I could of told the strangers to leave. I still think he should pay me something $$$ for his negligance. Tell me what you guys would do if you were in my situation snd why.
Last edited by ddemier7 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmckis1029
Car: 2016 Q50 RS400 AWD

2010 G37x w/Prem, Nav, & Wood (sold)

2005 G35x w/Prem C (traded in)

you have renter's insurance? all that sounds very replaceable... well except your buddies gun as that probably wont be covered because it wasnt your gun.

to me you both have the blame... it's your place so you could of asked them to leave... and his part is inviting them in the first place against your wishes.

your buddy has more to worry about as he had a gun stolen... make sure he reports the gun as stolen, else they come looking for him if the gun is used in a crime.

To me, lesson learned by both of yall, let your insurance replace your stuff...
Last edited by kmckis1029 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

370Z/28
Car: 370Z & Z28 *SOLD*
'13 Lexus IS250C F-Sport

That is your home and it is your responsibility to say who can come in it and who can't. You shouldn't ask your friend for a dime.

Sorry for your loss. Life lesson 101.

370Z/28
Car: 370Z & Z28 *SOLD*
'13 Lexus IS250C F-Sport

Hey K....we must have hit the post button at exactly the same time. :)

Extreme Dimensions
Vendor
Car: Maxima, G35 (x3), s2000 (x2) Integra, Tundra, 350z (x2), MR2 turbo, s14,Miata (x2), GMC Envoy, Trailblazer, Jeep Cherokee x 3

Report that gun stolen IMMEDIATELY.

The rest of the stuff is just that, stuff. If your friend is a really good friend then i'm sure he already feels terrible, and you asking him for money is just asking to ruin a friendship.

sidenote:

You must have been pretty trashed not to see someone walk out with all that stuff.

As said above, you live and you learn.

ddemier7

Thanks for your all your replies!

No I dont have renters insurance. Yes his hand gun was reported stolen as well as my laptop (with serial numbers). my buddy had just purchased his Glock hand gun and brought it over to show me. I believe one of the individuales took the stuff out the front door and stashed the items at the end of the night while the rest of us were on the back patio.I know they didnt have the stuff when they left because I saw them all leave at the same time and they had nothing in their hands. I noticed my front door was cracked open in the morning and I had 17 failed attempts to gain access into my yahoo account that night after the strangers left, all 17 atempts were timed and dated between 1am - 2am so it was obviously one of the strangers.

P.S. the definition of negligence: negligence is a tort which arises when a party fails to exercise due care. Causing another to be injured.

^^^^ I feel my friend was some what neglegient and is responsable to pay for a portoin. Had we of not discussed the "not inviting stangers over" than I would be opt to not ask for anything $$$ however he comes over and talks to anybody on the property... thats why I had this discussion with him about inviting stangers over.
Last edited by ddemier7 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Extreme Dimensions
Vendor
Car: Maxima, G35 (x3), s2000 (x2) Integra, Tundra, 350z (x2), MR2 turbo, s14,Miata (x2), GMC Envoy, Trailblazer, Jeep Cherokee x 3

ddemier7 wrote:Thanks for your all your replies!

No I dont have renters insurance. Yes his hand gun was reported stolen as well as my laptop (with serial numbers). my buddy had just purchased his Glock hand gun and brought it over to show me. I believe one of the individuales took the stuff out the front door and stashed the items at the end of the night while the rest of us were on the back patio.I know they didnt have the stuff when they left because I saw them all leave at the same time and they had nothing in their hands. I noticed my front door was cracked open in the morning and I had 17 failed attempts to gain access into my yahoo account that night after the strangers left, all 17 atempts were timed and dated between 1am - 2am so it was obviously one of the strangers.

P.S. the definition of negligence: negligence is a tort which arises when a party fails to exercise due care. Causing another to be injured.
Sorry to hear you didn't have renters insurance. Hopefully the police can further assist you.

on a side note: what kind of glock? :naughty:

ddemier7

It was a glock 27 generation 4 if I recall correctly, I own a glock 19 generation 3 but thank goodness I keep it under my bed (thats where I was that night.)

Serial number to gun ULB621 Glock 27
Serial number to laptop 6B052187K Toshiba 15.6 inch

Just incase anybody sees either.. lol

kmckis1029

i almost got a glock 22 gen4 ... but then ended up with a SR40c after dry firing the trigger on the glock and the ergonomics on the ruger was much better.

ddemier7

I will say that i feel my friend put my life in danger by leaving his glock out and unatended. Sombody stole his gun and was walking around in my house with a loaded gun while I slept. My friends stupidity also cost me a laptop,jacket,watch and calogne. I will say that I feel he owes $me for his half and for his stupidity/negligance and I wont be hanging around him again. Sometimes country ppl need to stay in the fu*#ing country.

Extreme Dimensions
Vendor

ddemier7 wrote:I will say that i feel my friend put my life in danger by leaving his glock out and unatended. Sombody stole his gun and was walking around in my house with a loaded gun while I slept. My friends stupidity also cost me a laptop,jacket,watch and calogne. I will say that I feel he owes $me for his half and for his stupidity/negligance and I wont be hanging around him again. Sometimes country ppl need to stay in the fu*#ing country.

Why would you let strangers be in your house while you slept? :wtf2:

You are just as, if not twice as guilty as your friend. sorry.

kmckis1029

ddemier7 wrote:I will say that i feel my friend put my life in danger by leaving his glock out and unatended. Sombody stole his gun and was walking around in my house with a loaded gun while I slept. My friends stupidity also cost me a laptop,jacket,watch and calogne. I will say that I feel he owes $me for his half and for his stupidity/negligance and I wont be hanging around him again. Sometimes country ppl need to stay in the fu*#ing country.
yeah just dont hang around him anymore... i've had to sideline many "friends" in order to protect my self from negative situations. But thats my point you have to protect your self... its not fully your friends fault you lost your stuff. plus it isnt like only your stuff was stolen, he lost his gun too; so yall both paid the price of being careless.

Personally I wouldnt have any people at my house that no one can vouch for, strangers would be politely asked to leave. (the first time at least lol) Then as a matter of just principle i move all things that can be broken, or are of any significant value out of the areas where my house gathering will be centered.

kmckis1029

370Z/28 wrote:Hey K....we must have hit the post button at exactly the same time. :)
yeah i noticed that when i posted lol... it actually kinda startled me... as i was just expecting to see my post.

ddemier7

I take most responsability for this situation. I think I just let my guard down cuz I was tipsy. Im still mad at my friend for ignoring what I said. I just think you said it best "you just got to side line your friends sometimes." I just feel like all he wants to do is drink. Bad influience on me I guess.

ddemier7

Any other opinions. Just an update, I am no longer friends with my x buddy.

alcaponed
Car: 2001 Infiniti I30
2008 Infiniti G35S
2010 Infiniti G37S
2008 BMW 535i

Really sorry for your loss. Glad no one got hurt but unless your friend admits to letting everyone in without your permission I don't think he's legally responsible. It's good you aren't friends with him anymore and next time don't let your guard down. And get renters insurance!
And I just He to ask, but who steals cologne? Lol

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”