I don't want too much drop.

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
christopher
Car: music, cars, my girl

Ok, I am running completly stock right now. 89'se.

I want to get sport springs and shocks and most of my options lower the car an awful lot. I have to contend with the speed bumps in my neighborhood and dont want to be scraping my car on all of them. What I am looking for is a good setup that will not leave me throwing sparks from the bottom of my car on the way home.

Any one got any real advice for me?? Springs and shocks, I am not rich enough for coilovers yet.:(

Thanks in advance:help

91nis240

man you be fine w/ pretty much any spring, you will always have an occasional scrap. If your expectin this to never happen then dont lower your car. But to ensure that there is minimal scrapin get a set of stiff strut (tokico or kyb agx struts)

christopher

Ok, thanks.

Any specific model tokico struts??Or do they have a agx model too?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

see the faq for spring drop ammounts and stiffnesses. as for shocks, dont get tokico blues or KYB grey(GR0-2) both of thoose arent much stiffer than stock, the KYB AGX(AGX is the name of the shock) is adjustable, and is what I would go with, or KONI adjustables...-chet

christopher

I looked at the FAQ but I just wanted to know what people experienced. Experience speaks much louder than numbers, thanks for the advice.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

if you plan on autocrossing, get a linear rate spring and adjustable shock, for street use you can just get a progrssive srping and a setof slightly-stiffer-than-stock shocks...

i'd recomend the TEIN/AGX setup from my own readings...-chet

christopher

Thanks, autocrossing is in the cards for the summer so I will do that.

Thanks again.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”