Husky Weatherbeater, anyone try them?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
andygold
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Black/Almond

I've read some threads on the Weathertech digital mats for the vehicle, but I've not seen any reviews for the Husky Weatherbeater ( laser measured, like the Weathertechs). Does anyone have them? Like/dislike? Any comparison to the Weathertech? I'm interested in fit, longevity, whether they have a chemical smell, how much of the left footrest/dead-pedal they cover, do they prevent water from going through the 2 Nissan mat holding hooks, and how easy is it to remove them from the vehicle when they are somewhat filled with water.

I've seen them for around $140 for a full set of front and rears. (The rears are one piece that covers the entire floor).

I'm even interested if you had the Husky Weatherbeater series in a different vehicle, so as to get an idea of their quality and usefulness.

outtolearn88
Car: Rogue SL AWD

hello, Get the "WEATHERTech" ones you can go wrong. Always been happy with there products. Have them in my new 2014 Rogue. Super Fit. Have a Great Day !

irap
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

My wife has the husky in her Rogue and I have the weathertech in my forester.The Husky covers more surface area and doesnt move that much because it has spikes to hold it in position.However, after a couple of months the driver's side matting got deformed.So I informed Huskys about the matter and they sent me a replacement (excellent customer service !).So far its holding up pretty well.I think the first one got deformed because I didn't attach it to the holding hooks

andygold

irap, I've read a few reviews of the Huskys with most of them saying the Huskys are as good as the Weathertechs....but I saw two that said that the Husky rears were not molded correctly in that the material that goes over the rear hump was elevated about 2 inches above the carpet.

Have you noticed there being too much material between the two rear mats causing it to not sit against the carpet?

yi_dennis
Car: 2014 Rogue SL

I had the Huskys in my Murano and I was not that happy. The front sides had a noticable gap. The rear were perfect. I even got them to send new fronts that fit a little better, but still had a gap. The customer service is great. I didn't want to get another Husky, so I tried Maxspider mats from Costco. They fit great and looks really nice compare to the plastic of the Husky. Not sure if they will hold up in the long term and there is only a 3 year warranty. I might trade the car in by then anyway.

andygold

Well, just purchased the Huskys for the Rogue. Found what I consider to be a pretty good deal. $128.57 shipped for the 3 piece set of fronts and rear. Will post a review when they arrive.

Don't know if I am allowed to post vendor info on the forum. If I'm not allowed, my apologies to the Mods for having to remove it. BTW I have no affiliation with the store, nor do I know anyone who works there. I did an extensive price search and this is what came up as the best price. I also checked them out on resellerratings.com and they seem to have a good track record.

carpartparadise.com

The Husky part number for the 2014/2015 Rogue in tan is #98673. In black they are #98671
Be advised that cpp.com does not list the 2015 Rogue on their site. They only list the 2014 model. Just to be assured, I called Husky to ask if there is any difference between their 2014 and 2015 mats and they assured me they are identical. So if you trust cpp, and the price is right for you, just enter it as a 2014 model (if you have a 2015), and you should be good to go...

They are asking $135.34 for the set which includes free shipping, but if you use the code: TJOOS
you will get a 5% discount of $6.77 making the total $128.57 shipped, which is much cheaper than the Weathertech mats which typically go for around $200

As a comment.... after you punch in the discount code, you will see the lesser price. But, when you get to the next page, it shows the full price, without the discount. That had me a bit worried as to exactly what I was going to be charged. Once you put in your info and move along, the last page before final confirmation will show the discounted price. The site has a print button so you can easily print the invoice.

And lastly, the discount code TJOOS (those are letter O, and not zeros)...it worked for me at this time. Obviously I cannot guarantee it will work for you. If it does not work, you will not get the $6.77 discount.... but the mats still come with free shipping.

irap
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Nope ,mine's pretty much flushed.Not elevated at all
andygold wrote:irap, I've read a few reviews of the Huskys with most of them saying the Huskys are as good as the Weathertechs....but I saw two that said that the Husky rears were not molded correctly in that the material that goes over the rear hump was elevated about 2 inches above the carpet.

Have you noticed there being too much material between the two rear mats causing it to not sit against the carpet?

andygold

Got mine today. They were drop shipped from the manufacturer. Took 5 days from order to delivery. I still have not unboxed them, but will do so tomorrow, and post up some pics. I'm still looking for someone who has the Weathertechs so i can see them side by side and make a comparison (for others).

andygold

OK, here's a little review. I've only had them in the car for a few hours so i cannot give anything other than first impression, and some info if others are interested in them.

When putting them into the vehicle, be careful!!! There are some very sharp spikes on the bottom of these mats. They could probably rip flesh, and I'll bet if they contact your leather seats, they'll mark them up too. The spikes are at a great many different angles. Once the mats are down, they are not going to slide in any direction, there are just too many spikes for that to happen. The Husky's have a nice raised lip around the outside that will contain a good deal of water/slush. The channels in the mat should keep the water below the soles of your shoes, as you will be resting on the raised portion, above the channels. As to feel...I didn't notice any difference in driving feel between these and the carpeted mats that I got with the car. I'm not saying they're as soft obviously, but my shoes don't slide or squeak or stick anywhere...If I had gotten into the car without knowing the carpets had been changed for the Husky mats, I would not have even noticed (by the way they feel when driving). Also, the mats have no odor. I was worried about a plastic or rubber aroma, but no worries.
All images were taken by me today. They were taken with 3 different types of lighting, so they look a bit different from each other.
In the layered pics, I matched up the dual mounting holes in the top and bottom mats.

Much better coverage than the carpet mats, and very good coverage of the left foot rest (dead pedal).

Passenger mat. The carpet looks longer, but they're about the same. The carpet is sitting above the mat, and not laying INTO the mat. The right side of the Husky is right below the edge of the carpet. If the carpet had been weighed down to sit inside the mat, then you'd see that the Husky is in fact wider and has a good lip all the way around

Nice high left foot rest (dead pedal). Supposedly higher than the Weathertechs, but I cannot say so for sure.

Passenger side. Nice high lip all the way around!

Little bit of gaps here and there, but it was 16ºF here today. I'm going to assume as the weather gets warmer, the mats will get a bit softer and more compliant. Either way, not a deal killer...and the angle of the pic makes it look worse than it actually is.

My only concern is with the Nissan mat clips/buttons...Turns out the clips have a few grooves running from top to bottom. Even though the mats fit quite tightly to the black plastic clips, I'm going to assume water could travel from above the mat to below the mat through these grooves. i might take some clear silicone sealer and fill the grooves flush with the surface to eliminate this potential issue. Again, not a mat issue, but a Nissan issue, and possibly not an issue at all. And, the water would have to be awful high to reach the grooves. For all I know it might have to be high enough to overflow the edge of the mats and would not ever get high enough to hit the grooves. But, with some spirited acceleration, maybe a tidal wave would sweep that area :crazy:

The rear mat fits well. It stops about 1/4" shy of the center console, which is good in that it won't scratch up the console's finish.

Spikes...some are softer and some are harder, but they will all do a number on your skin, and probably your seats!!! Care should be taken when installing the mats!

Shiny Rogue! Wolfgang Uber All In One cleaned up some orange peel in the paint, and gave it a deeper gloss. Also supposed to be good protection for a good 6 months of NY winter. :) Sorry, had to put that pic in :gapteeth:

andygold

OOOPs, third image and caption are both wrong. It looked good when I previewed, but not when published. Here is the image that should have been there :)

Maximus099
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Great pics and advice Andy and great shine on that hood.

xtrailmty

im ordering the Husky for the front and second row, does anybody order weather tech for the trunk on Rogue with 3row?

hawki
Car: 2015 Rogue SL Premium
Red / Almond

@andygold, thank you, thank you - so much for the link, item codes (black vs. tan), and discount code.
I ordered and got the discount too - saved me U$50 compared to other Husky sellers, and over U$70 compared to weathertech floor mats.
Husky floor mats fit perfectly, have to use heatgun or just hairdryer to make it flush in 2-3 places. Got the Tan color for the almond/tan iterior - and Husky tan mats matches the tan carpet perfectly (was thinking to get the black color so would not see dirt or marks too much, but Tans looks great).
I have not seen the weathertech floor mats, but just looking at the Husky one - to me, it feels the mats could be a bit more thicker, softer.
But still supper great (@ U$128) compare to Nissan's all weather floor mats at about $100.

Return to “Rogue Forum”