How To Tell If You have bad ECM 03 Spec V

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
DanSpecV03
Car: 2003 nissan sentra se-r spec v

I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some symptoms of a bad ecm on a 03 nissan sentra spec v. I had it at the dealer today for a idle relearn and diagnostic but they said they wanted about 4 more hours to diagnose the problem but i wasnt going to pay that much. My issue i am having was a erratic idle but that was fixed after they did the idle relearn now the car just sputters out and dies, it did this before but the idle was more crazy and after the relearn the idle was fine but still will not run. I changed pretty much everything possible besides the fuel pump but the tech said i was getting the correct pressure. He said he could communicate with the ecm but then out of no where it would just shut off. I took out the ecm to see if there was and visible damage but i could not see anything, it was very clean and no resistor pins where broken. I was wondering if anyone had away of testing to figure out if the ecm is bad before i go ahead and buy a new one or if anyone has any info about this problem which i have read many reviews about the same problem with most fixes being the idle relearn.

Note: changed coils, plugs, cam/crank sensors, cat, o2 sensors, maf, fuel injectors, intake gaskets pretty much everything, no vacuum leaks or broken hoses.

Thanks Dan

Inkedupally
Car: 2003 Nissan Sentra Spec V

Hi there! I am having similar problems with my spec v, did you ever resolve your problems? I am uncomfortable going out to buy a new ECM if that is not the case. I have people suggesting it's the throttle body. Any suggestions? Words of advice? We're working in the dark at the moment.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”